shape
carat
color
clarity

A new view on Trump

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1471459091|4066968 said:
http://www.fastcocreate.com/3062847/quick-hit/watch-a-pro-trump-focus-group-not-realize-these-amazing-campaign-ads-are-satire

I didn't want to make a new thread, but this is pretty hilarious.

I think my head just exploded.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.fastcocreate.com/3062847/quick-hit/watch-a-pro-trump-focus-group-not-realize-these-amazing-campaign-ads-are-satire

OMFG! Gotta be fake.
Nobody American could be THAT stupid!

Could they?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1471483808|4067168 said:

I saw that yesterday; yes it's hilarious but cringe-worthy too. I felt I was watching a study in "group-think" as much as the ridiculousness of non-rational Trump supporters. I guess I have a soft spot for people who are being fooled, because I kind of felt bad for these people!

But - it was hysterically funny. Did they piece together bits of Trump speeches in order to use his actual voice? I don't know why, but the proposal to change 9-1-1 to 9 cracked me up the most!
He's a popular person to imitate, so I'm guessing they had someone imitate him for the call!

I have no idea if it's real or not though. It seems TOO silly to be true

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The moment the blonde woman nudged the man sitting next to her, when "Trump" was talking about the shock collar/electric fence plot with the bling.... She genuinely thought it was a good idea. It revealed her racism.

My stomach was sick.

I know they choose a certain caliber of person for these TV segments in order to create a certain result, but this hurt my heart.

These are the people Trump is preying upon, not pandering to, preying upon. This is his demographic folks.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1471536918|4067334 said:
I have no idea if it's real or not though. It seems TOO silly to be true

It's real according to an interview with the creator in this Daily Beast article.

Q: That focus group where you test the campaign ads and proposals to Trump fans [one features an electric fence on the Mexican border that shocks all Mexicans who are wearing government-issued necklaces if they attempt to cross over, which all of the focus group’s participants roundly endorse]—how did you find those people? How’d that happen?

A: That’s real! We employed a real focus group with real Trump supporters. Every aspect of it. That was the one where everything was completely straight except the actual product analyzed. That’s the piece that I assume people will talk about. I’m not sure what people will say about it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/12/triumph-the-insult-comic-dog-hilariously-skewers-trump-and-the-wacky-conventions.html

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1471558049|4067460 said:
The moment the blonde woman nudged the man sitting next to her, when "Trump" was talking about the shock collar/electric fence plot with the bling.... She genuinely thought it was a good idea. It revealed her racism.

My stomach was sick.

I know they choose a certain caliber of person for these TV segments in order to create a certain result, but this hurt my heart.

These are the people Trump is preying upon, not pandering to, preying upon. This is his demographic folks.

This. Yes, it appalled me too. I was unable to watch the whole thing.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing about the video surprised me. It would have been interesting to see how they would have responded when asked if they considered themselves racists? I'm assuming they would have been shocked and appalled that anyone could even suggested such a thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results