color
clarity

#TBT A custom halo from concept to creation

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 10:43:14 PM
Author: heb1976
Beautiful! I love that profile!

OMG heb1976, you have my dream ring, a Leon halo! We actually showed our jeweler the top view of your ring and said "this is what it needs to look like"...and it just so happens that our center stone size is the same! So thank you!!!
5.gif

puravida

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know why every time I try to quote someone it donesn''t work.....??

Anyway, I''m just wondering about Matrin and USA certed:

-how does it work with picking a stone: Do you tell him rougly what you are looking for and then he checks his inventory for ones that may fit the bill? Then he sends you the numbers on the stones and you pick one for him to bring in for viewing? So does that mean that you have to pick without seeing photos, ASET, Idealscope, Hearts, etc. photos? Does he bring in just one stone at a time or multiple? Is there a charge if you don''t end up liking the stone? If his prices are competitive we would likely also consider him. When you add 13% tax to a stone after converting it to Canadian dollars, that tacks on a hefty premium. So I"m wondering how Martin''s stones compare to WF''s or BGD. The only reason I wouldn''t consider buying locally is that it may be easier to buy the stone and setting from the same place.

Any more info on USA Certed would be much appreciated :)

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
iheartbora - i love your custom ring! thanks for posting on my thread because now i have found inspiration :)

would you mind posting some of the sketches/cad images of your project? thanks again and great job!!
36.gif

mani5ha

Shiny_Rock
Trade
GORGEOUS! i love the profile!!!

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 8:08:20 AM
Author: puravida

Anyway, I''m just wondering about Matrin and USA certed:

-how does it work with picking a stone: Do you tell him rougly what you are looking for and then he checks his inventory for ones that may fit the bill? Then he sends you the numbers on the stones and you pick one for him to bring in for viewing? So does that mean that you have to pick without seeing photos, ASET, Idealscope, Hearts, etc. photos? Does he bring in just one stone at a time or multiple? Is there a charge if you don''t end up liking the stone? If his prices are competitive we would likely also consider him. When you add 13% tax to a stone after converting it to Canadian dollars, that tacks on a hefty premium. So I''m wondering how Martin''s stones compare to WF''s or BGD. The only reason I wouldn''t consider buying locally is that it may be easier to buy the stone and setting from the same place.

Any more info on USA Certed would be much appreciated :)

To quote, you need to click ''reply'' on the post you want to quote!

Do you tell him rougly what you are looking for and then he checks his inventory for ones that may fit the bill?
- Yes for the most part. It''s not really his inventory, it''s all diamonds that he has access to, and they are mostly from the US.

Then he sends you the numbers on the stones and you pick one for him to bring in for viewing?
- No, you narrow it down to a few stones (using 4C and some other numbers, just like the filters on WF) then he sends you complete stats on the few stones and offer his advice to help you decide. His help made a lot of difference. We read a lot of PS pages, but still no where close to knowing what''s good when comparing stones that all scored less than 2 on the HCA.

So does that mean that you have to pick without seeing photos, ASET, Idealscope, Hearts, etc. photos?
- Yes, pretty much. But if you want an absolute H&A, he''ll get you an H&A for sure, so nothing to worry about. He also gives you a really good description of the inclusions etc, so we felt comfortable with not seeing the photos. When the stone arrived, we view it under different scopes, everything was as described, actually better than what we expected.

Does he bring in just one stone at a time or multiple? Is there a charge if you don''t end up liking the stone?
- If you are in Canada, he can''t bring in the stone just for viewing because most of his stones are from US and it''s a lot of custom to go through. Once the stone is in, you can only refund if the stone doesn''t match the cert or it didn''t match the descriptions etc.

When you add 13% tax to a stone after converting it to Canadian dollars, that tacks on a hefty premium.
- Martin only takes US currency, so are paying USD either way. Canadian customs will charge you tax even if you buy from WF/GOG, unless you pick it up from the states yourself and sneak it across the boarder!

The only reason I wouldn''t consider buying locally is that it may be easier to buy the stone and setting from the same place.
- I can understand that, but it wasn''t a problem for me. We preferred meeting our jeweler to design our master piece
2.gif

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 9:21:47 AM
Author: sukiisukii
iheartbora - i love your custom ring! thanks for posting on my thread because now i have found inspiration :)

would you mind posting some of the sketches/cad images of your project? thanks again and great job!!
36.gif

Here is a side profile view CAD for ya!
30.gif

iheartbora17.JPG

KerriLynn

Rough_Rock
I loove you ring!! From one halo lover to the next, Congratulations!!
36.gif

And I can''t get over how similar our halos look from the top, but our profiles are so completely different! Your FI did a very good job!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is truly a beautiful ring! I hope it has brought you many happy hours of sunshine!

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Totally gorgeous :mrgreen2: ! Congrats :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results