shape
carat
color
clarity

A color for this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm..I think I''m leaning towards something champagne (is that considered like having a hint of yellow or beige?) or something kinda funky like the stone above, but without the big window.

I''m also on the hunt for something brown for another ring. I found some smoky quartz and they''re super duper cheapish, but I''m going to look at zircons too.

RockHuntin

Rough_Rock
Hey Packrat! I wandered away from my thread and noticed your post. I was browsing some websites for colored gemstones and found a color/cut combo you might like. Its a zircon I found at www.gemfix.com; I haven't dealt with that vendor before (or any gemstone vendors for that matter - I'm still a novice).

Its the center cushion-cut gemstone at the bottom of this site. Personally, I got attracted to it because the chunky cushion cut has an "estate" flair. The size might not be a right fit(?), but the color and cut would be interesting in a two-tone setting.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think something vivid - IMO a vivid green would be really striking, or a purple, since they both have warm and cool tones in them.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rock! I''m getting the biggest kick out of your pendant thread-it''s so fun, and I''m looking forward to seeing what you decide for your mom! I''ve never been to that site before, so thanks for posting the link! The cushion is really pretty too-I liked it right away..it reminds me of foamy root beer, and it actually has a bit of the funky colors to it in a way like that tourmaline I covet. I wish I was looking for a cushion-I think I''d be all over that one-thank you!

Amber, I''ve been looking thru threads of all the amethysts and boooy are they nice. There''s like 4 colors I''m drawn to for this-I''m not making any headway I''m afraid!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yup, by the term "champagne" I consider colors that actually look something like...champagne, i.e. brownish yellows and stuff like that. But honestly, many colors can look good in this setting.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mmmm I think I need to just look for a while..I can''t seem to make up my mind!+

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results