shape
carat
color
clarity

A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (Pics)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (P

dk168|1398537910|3660674 said:
Hmmmmm, fingers firmly crossed that she is not pregnant, however, it would not a surprise to me that she is!

DK :naughty:

The only thing I wonder is, I know the first week or so after she strolled in she was for sure in heat. She also was desperate to get outside and tried to squeeze her way out twice. Now she won't get near the door and shows no interest in outside other than perching in the window. Could this be because she is now pregnant and "over it" so to speak, or if she's not will another heat cycle start again? I suppose this is a moot point as she's getting spayed anyway provided she is not actually carrying kittens. Somewhat confusing stuff!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398537884|3660672 said:
Andelain|1398536061|3660657 said:
Elliot86|1398528089|3660587 said:
Oreo can't be seen until her appointment, so in the waiting time here are some pics I snapped of her laying on her side. Feel free to add opinions or guesses as to whether or not she looks pregnant. I have Googled it 50 times and still have no idea.

Yep, I believe she is. The nipples are pinking up.

VRBeauty, she's doing well, thnak you for asking . I miss my kitty. :love:

I just took a peek, and yes they are very pink. :o

I'd lay a bit of money of her being in a family way. Think about it, she was living on her own. Then the instinct kicked in to find a warm, dry home with food provided. All of a sudden she goes looking for the right doorstep to yowl on. In her own way, she knew.

She can still be spayed if pregnant. Of course she won't be pregnant anymore.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andelain|1398539569|3660697 said:
Elliot86|1398537884|3660672 said:
Andelain|1398536061|3660657 said:
Elliot86|1398528089|3660587 said:
Oreo can't be seen until her appointment, so in the waiting time here are some pics I snapped of her laying on her side. Feel free to add opinions or guesses as to whether or not she looks pregnant. I have Googled it 50 times and still have no idea.

Yep, I believe she is. The nipples are pinking up.

VRBeauty, she's doing well, thnak you for asking . I miss my kitty. :love:

I just took a peek, and yes they are very pink. :o

I'd lay a bit of money of her being in a family way. Think about it, she was living on her own. Then the instinct kicked in to find a warm, dry home with food provided. All of a sudden she goes looking for the right doorstep to yowl on. In her own way, she knew.

She can still be spayed if pregnant. Of course she won't be pregnant anymore.

I love the thought that she knows, but it makes it all the harder to spay her. :(sad I hope she doesn't "know" and there will no ill effects from it. My neighbor used to round up stray cats and bring them in to the animal shelter. One time, he waited until the Mom was out looking for food, and he took her fairly young kittens in, knowing they were not feral yet and stood a good chance of being adopted. The Mom walked all night, night after night calling for her babies and it just broke my heart to hear how sad she was. ;(

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If there are kittens I will not be having them aborted. At my job there has been a huge outpouring of support for us and Oreo since she came into our lives. I have secured SIX potential kitten guardians in the event that Oreo is indeed pregnant, people who love animals and would provide permanent, responsible, and loving homes. I just can't bear the thought of terminating kittens :(sad

Hopefully this is not the case and we can continue life with only two cats as normal!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Just think of the daily pics we'll get if there are kittens...... :naughty: :naughty:

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock

I'm with you Elliot, I'd have a hard time doing that. Let's just hope she's gaining some weight because she's being very will taken care of.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1398547995|3660790 said:
I love the thought that she knows, but it makes it all the harder to spay her. :(sad I hope she doesn't "know" and there will no ill effects from it. My neighbor used to round up stray cats and bring them in to the animal shelter. One time, he waited until the Mom was out looking for food, and he took her fairly young kittens in, knowing they were not feral yet and stood a good chance of being adopted. The Mom walked all night, night after night calling for her babies and it just broke my heart to hear how sad she was. ;(

They don't 'know' in the sense we do, it's on an instinctive level. Aborting kittens bothers us a lot more than it does them, unlike taking kittens away. I raies purebred cats in the past, and would never sell the entire litter all in one day, even if they were weaned. That kept momma kitties from freaking out.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

She didn't look too rough or dirty in the earlier pics. I wouldn't be surprised if she is pregnant and that her ex-owner dumped her because of that. Some people are completely irresponsible when it comes to taking care of their pets.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you get the vet to look at her, they should be able to feel her tummy for you or ultrasound her if they think she does have kittens to see how many she might be having....

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1398691775|3661749 said:
Did you get the vet to look at her, they should be able to feel her tummy for you or ultrasound her if they think she does have kittens to see how many she might be having....

Cancelled my vet appointment and am going to the SPCA instead. They are running a free spay/neuter clinic through mother's day (though I would "pay" anyway in the form of a donation of course). They are covering the ultrasound to establish yay or nay on the kittens. If there are no kittens she will be spayed then and there! I am just waiting back on a time :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398695351|3661789 said:
arkieb1|1398691775|3661749 said:

Cancelled my vet appointment and am going to the SPCA instead. They are running a free spay/neuter clinic through mother's day (though I would "pay" anyway in the form of a donation of course). They are covering the ultrasound to establish yay or nay on the kittens. If there are no kittens she will be spayed then and there! I am just waiting back on a time :appl:

Good idea.

So where is Her Highness today? Hiding from the camera? ;-) :D

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She's right here as usual :lol:
We're catching up on our Mad Men.

_17464.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't have the heart to abort fetal kittens myself; life is life, it makes no difference to me whether it is a human fetus or a different animal fetus.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1398700422|3661852 said:
I don't have the heart to abort fetal kittens myself; life is life, it makes no difference to me whether it is a human fetus or a different animal fetus.

I firmly believe that everyone is free to make the choice that best affects them. It just isn't a choice I feel comfortable making on behalf of another being. I will be so relieved if she is actually just gaining weight!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot,
We are of the same mind/belief although you've said it better than I did. You are being a great mom to Oreo. :wavey:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1398702152|3661880 said:
Elliot,
We are of the same mind/belief although you've said it better than I did. You are being a great mom to Oreo. :wavey:

Thank you! The knowledge, generosity, and encouragement shown by PSers is truly inspiring ::)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1398566262|3660991 said:
If there are kittens I will not be having them aborted. At my job there has been a huge outpouring of support for us and Oreo since she came into our lives. I have secured SIX potential kitten guardians in the event that Oreo is indeed pregnant, people who love animals and would provide permanent, responsible, and loving homes. I just can't bear the thought of terminating kittens :(sad

Hopefully this is not the case and we can continue life with only two cats as normal!

So relieved to hear this! I know its a hard decision to make, but I totally get where you are about life and not making the decision for another living being.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What's that old song that applies here? Apologies for slight lyric change: "If you are the magnet, Oreo is steel..."

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1398702152|3661880 said:
Elliot,

I once had a Siamese kitty that I was retiring as a breeder. I'd always get them spayed before they went to new homes, and this one was no exception. I let the male Siamses roam freely in the house when no females were in heat, and thought I'd put him back before he could get to Sassy. I was wrong, and the vet told me he'd aborted 4 kittens. I felt so bad about it. ;( ;(

Love that pic of our rotten Oreo, she's just got it made! :love: :love: :love: :love:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1398706942|3661955 said:
What's that old song that applies here? Apologies for slight lyric change: "If you are the magnet, Oreo is steel..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
For one more pic, the night Oreo moved in I threw a box of blankets and scarves together. She loves it!

_17470.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

Elliot86|1398700296|3661851 said:
She's right here as usual :lol:
We're catching up on our Mad Men.

LOL I wind up sleeping through some of the episodes, too. Just about all of the Sunday reruns, actually. I have good intentions, but then I fall asleep 17 minutes into the first show. :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Any news on the possible buns in the oven?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1398830553|3663342 said:
Any news on the possible buns in the oven?

Oreo buns. Gypsy, I think you've just invented the next big thing after the cronut! :bigsmile:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Oh Oreo... Oreo...Where art thou?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry, however, the latest pic of Oreo makes me believe she is pregnant!

DK :-o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1398859546|3663466 said:

Maybe it's the angle of the picture but her abdominal area seems disproportionately large/distended as though she is pregnant.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi all! Ok, update time. Oreo is being seen at 2:30 today for a head to tail exam and possible ultrasound to determine if we are expecting kittens. So by about 4pm today you will all know the outcome... I already have butterflies in my stomach. :errrr:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1398863435|3663498 said:
Hi all! Ok, update time. Oreo is being seen at 2:30 today for a head to tail exam and possible ultrasound to determine if we are expecting kittens. So by about 4pm today you will all know the outcome... I already have butterflies in my stomach. :errrr:
Well if I was right, I'd say my prize should be one of the kittens :)) But, since I already have 3 and another one arrives tomorrow, I'm at my limit. Hubby says I have become an official crazy cat lady.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1398863346|3663496 said:
dk168|1398859546|3663466 said:

Maybe it's the angle of the picture but her abdominal area seems disproportionately large/distended as though she is pregnant.
I agree.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results