shape
carat
color
clarity

A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (Pics)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Re: A cat sat on my steps meowing to come in... Now what? (P

Elliot86|1398863435|3663498 said:
Hi all! Ok, update time. Oreo is being seen at 2:30 today for a head to tail exam and possible ultrasound to determine if we are expecting kittens. So by about 4pm today you will all know the outcome... I already have butterflies in my stomach. :errrr:

It's 5:15 where I am and the suspense is killing me! Get back here and tell us if there is cause for squee!!!!!! :twirl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Gah!!! You're killing me here! What's the word????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Update (or should I say non update :rolleyes: )

Took Oreo in today as scheduled and the tech who was supposed to attend to her was running late. I waited until I had to go to work. There were sincere apologies and a promised to be seen tomorrow at 1:45 for V.I.C (very important cat) treatment. So I will 100% know tomorrow. Sorry for the delay ladies.

Please keep your fingers crossed for sweet Oreo's health!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, and I will bring the camera so you all can follow along :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

You could always ease our impatience by posting our daily Oreo. :naughty:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

On my way back from getting my nightly glass of coconut milk, I got the "kids" in a sweet moment. Until tomorrow!

_17571.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes the suspense is getting to us..... we are taking unofficial bets on if there are baby biscuits on the way...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good to see the two cats are getting along without throwing hissy fits at each other!

DK :))

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

They're adorable! :bigsmile: :D

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daily Oreo
I have the entire day off to focus on my sweet girl! She will be riding to the clinic in a stylish new carrier too :bigsmile: Right now she is perched in the window while I enjoy my coffee. Stay tuned (for real this time)!

_17580.jpg

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock

Great picture of both - everybody needs a buddy. :)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Meezermom|1398956478|3664320 said:
There is a woodpecker outside right now driving them nuts. Every time it stops they go back to bathing, resting, whatever. Then it starts again and they turn their heads in unison like "What the what?!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

_17585.jpg

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock

That is just so amazing that they already get along so well. It took a good week or more separated and some Feliway plug-ins for mine to accept each other. They both seem to have really terrific personalities. :):):)

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

Also, amazing how they are both white with color swatches. Don't they look great together? Makes me think Oreo's appearance is preordained, somehow.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

TC1987|1398963332|3664434 said:
Also, amazing how they are both white with color swatches. Don't they look great together? Makes me think Oreo's appearance is preordained, somehow.

It that boy were the bady-daddy, all the girl kittens would be calico. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

AWW. They are getting along so well. Great news! I'm so happy everyone is fitting in.

As for kittens... staying tuned!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Waiting (im)patiently....

:mrgreen:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

UPDATE:
Verdict is... no kittens. Just a round full belly on a perfectly healthy girl. The pink nipples did give the vet pause for a second though! He was certain after feeling her belly that she was pregnant but the ultrasound said nope! I admit, my first reaction was relief. I wasn't prepared for the chaos of kittens. However on the ride home I got a bit wistful in spite of myself! If we're being honest, come on... Oreo would have had the cutest kittens!

It is for the best though. She was spayed and microchipped today and I can rest easy that we won't have to play the guessing game EVER again. I can put her ID and rabies vaccination collar on with confidence that she is 100% healthy, chipped, and all roads lead back to our address. No FIV, no feline leukemia, no dental or vision problems, fleas, ear mites, or anything else to worry about :appl:

The vet and I had a nice chat. When I mentioned where I live he shook his head and told me it is unfortunately notorious in our area as a place that people move out of and dump their pets. Which is beyond me. When SO and I relocated to our new city for his job, getting Bear there safely with us was pretty much priority #1. We were his third home at that point. If he had been abandoned I have no doubt he would not have survived. He is a sensitive soul and the stress would have killed him.

I now feel as though I can truly call Oreo ours and put the search for owners behind me. I know in my heart I took every available avenue. She is happy here and can rest easy that when we move, she goes too. No matter where. Always, forever, the end!

Now off to list some gemstones or I'll be eating Ramen for awhile :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Also the best part of the visit (other than a clean bill of health) was how much the staff cooed over her facial markings. One nurse even took a picture of Oreo and the office cat together. It made me puff up with pride :praise:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398974882|3664581 said:
UPDATE:
Verdict is... no kittens. Just a round full belly on a perfectly healthy girl. The pink nipples did give the vet pause for a second though! He was certain after feeling her belly that she was pregnant but the ultrasound said nope! I admit, my first reaction was relief. I wasn't prepared for the chaos of kittens. However on the ride home I got a bit wistful in spite of myself! If we're being honest, come on... Oreo would have had the cutest kittens!

It is for the best though. She was spayed and microchipped today and I can rest easy that we won't have to play the guessing game EVER again. I can put her ID and rabies vaccination collar on with confidence that she is 100% healthy, chipped, and all roads lead back to our address. No FIV, no feline leukemia, no dental or vision problems, fleas, ear mites, or anything else to worry about :appl:

The vet and I had a nice chat. When I mentioned where I live he shook his head and told me it is unfortunately notorious in our area as a place that people move out of and dump their pets. Which is beyond me. When SO and I relocated to our new city for his job, getting Bear there safely with us was pretty much priority #1. We were his third home at that point. If he had been abandoned I have no doubt he would not have survived. He is a sensitive soul and the stress would have killed him.

I now feel as though I can truly call Oreo ours and put the search for owners behind me. I know in my heart I took every available avenue. She is happy here and can rest easy that when we move, she goes too. No matter where. Always, forever, the end!

Now off to list some gemstones or I'll be eating Ramen for awhile :lol:

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that Miss Oreo got a clean bill of health and is in her furrever home, but I must admit I'm a bit sad at the thought of no kittens :(sad

Did the vet estimate her age?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398976096|3664597 said:
Also the best part of the visit (other than a clean bill of health) was how much the staff cooed over her facial markings. One nurse even took a picture of Oreo and the office cat together. It made me puff up with pride :praise:

Well, she IS pretty freakin' adorable! :love:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They looked at her teeth and estimated she's on the young side of a year old. As much as I was getting a little excited about the idea of kittens, I know it is for the best. Now another litter can find their forever home and Oreo will be an indoor cat with a long life ahead of her.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Elliot86|1398976537|3664605 said:
They looked at her teeth and estimated she's on the young side of a year old. As much as I was getting a little excited about the idea of kittens, I know it is for the best. Now another litter can find their forever home and Oreo will be an indoor cat with a long life ahead of her.

True. The reality of having kitten chaos would be a bit overwhelming, I'm sure. I've only ever had one cat have kittens, over 20 years ago, and she gave birth in the covered litter box of all places. :-o I woke up to the sound of tiny "meows" and had to go on a search. Luckily I was able to find all the babies who survived (one did not) good homes, but raising them for 3 months was quite a challenge.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

UPDATE:

:appl: :appl: :appl: I love a happy ending! =)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty|1398977666|3664627 said:
UPDATE:

:appl: :appl: :appl: I love a happy ending! =)

Fantastic news :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1398957356|3664332 said:
There is a woodpecker outside right now driving them nuts. Every time it stops they go back to bathing, resting, whatever. Then it starts again and they turn their heads in unison like "What the what?!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elliot: you are such a natural photojournalist! This is a great photo (as all your photos are) and tell the story of "When Oreo Came to Stay." Would make a great kids book. Okay, would make for good entertainment for many of us adults too as clearly you have us all mesmerized by your sweet young thing. :praise:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1398976096|3664597 said:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1398981610|3664674 said:
Elliot86|1398957356|3664332 said:

Elliot: you are such a natural photojournalist! This is a great photo (as all your photos are) and tell the story of "When Oreo Came to Stay." Would make a great kids book. Okay, would make for good entertainment for many of us adults too as clearly you have us all mesmerized by your sweet young thing. :praise:

What an amazing compliment! Thank you so much! It would be a fun book to get an illustrator for... I like the idea of Oreo and Bear: The Adventure Series. :naughty: :lol:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so glad she got a clean bill of health. She's a gorgeous cat, and it seems like your guy cat likes her, too. They look happy together.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy to hear that Oreo is in perfect health and not pregnant. Best wishes for a long and purrrfectly happy life with your new fur kid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results