shape
carat
color
clarity

a bit sad , did test, cherry amber is probably bakealite

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about trying the hot needle test on an "ugly" piece first? Then, if you get a pine smell, move to one of the small beads that would string up in the back of the necklace, next to the hole so it wouldn't be noticeable once strung?

good idea
i have a broken bead, i will try this
for educational purposes

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to see them when they are finished? Did you post a photo of your moss green agate finished piece and I missed it? Or are they still waiting in queue to be strung?

oh dear
my phone is fixed but
not set up yet so no pictures today either
and now im tired and cant concentrate
:doh::doh::doh::doh:
and that's how it went wrong the first time around (trying to set it when i was too tired) :(2

so far i have two moss agate necklaces and a bracelet finished, im wearing the first necklace right now !!:kiss2:
and a pearl and alernating agate one in the queue
and a 2nd one with mainly pearls still in my mind:lol-2:
and then an agate rope i want to try and do myself as it wont need a clasp ......
i must have brought at least 6 strands of beads:lol-2:

...and then maybe some earrings :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
took the chunky ones in today to be knotted up
i cant wait
im sure the lady that does the knotting will enjoy doing this a lot more than all the wee tiny holed things ive been giving her

ive desided the 2nd smaller necklace ill get knotted up as is and have the one big huge bead made into an enhancer pendant
hopefully i will be able to wear both necklaces together

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
took the chunky ones in today to be knotted up
i cant wait
im sure the lady that does the knotting will enjoy doing this a lot more than all the wee tiny holed things ive been giving her

ive desided the 2nd smaller necklace ill get knotted up as is and have the one big huge bead made into an enhancer pendant
hopefully i will be able to wear both necklaces together

Can't wait to see them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results