shape
carat
color
clarity

.90ct stone i just received in the mail for the e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CCM

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone :)

I posted this on RockyTalky but I didn''t get many responses....since I''ve been talking about the Memoire setting here so much I figured it''s okay to post it here? Sorry for the double post if you''ve read them both. Thanks!!

I just got the stone we ordered for my e-ring in the mail (we ordered from USAA)

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this stone was good, especially for the price? We paid around $5,100 for it.

Also, I hear a lot about Ideal cut...but on this GIA scale on the certificate it goes from Poor to Excellent, where is Ideal?

Thanks in advance for taking a look at it! :)

GIA Report:

Shape and Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements 6.16-6.18 x 3.80mm
Carat Weight: .90 carat
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Comments:
pinpoints are not shown
Total Depth: 61.6%
Table Size: 59%
Crown Angle: 34.0
Crown Height: 13.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41.2
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Star Length: 60%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (4.3%)
Cutlet: None

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that''s probably a fair price. Ideal refers to the top AGS grade, although we sometimes use the term in a generic sense for stones that would likely meet the ideal specs. Excellent is the top GIA cut grade. This stone probably would not fall into the AGS Ideal category, but since you have seen it, you have the best opportunity to determine if it is beautiful in person!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your stone gets a 3.5 on the HCA. 2 and below is recommended.

Who is USAA?

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
SDL you took the words right out of my mouth. LOL... I love the emoticons, btw. SO cute.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 1:53:50 AM
Author: swingirl

Who is USAA?

USAA is a financial institution (i.e. banking and insurance) for military.. But you can also buy jewelry from them..

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock

Who is USAA?
Sorry about the highjack..... swingirl my stone gets about a 4 on the HCA, is an excellent cut (GIA) VS2 G no flourescence, no culet, VG/VG for polish/symmetry............ but looks ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING in person and sparkles like there is no tomorrow..... I am still confused on why this tool is used
40.gif
what is it really telling us? (for real, I''m asking..... I know tone is hard to get across in written format
9.gif
)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 8:27:49 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
snicker.gif
31.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That''s funny! But I remember you giving me a hard time when I first tried to post pics, it was hard! Glad I learned how! Had to learn the hard way! LOL!! Tough love right? LOL

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2008 2:29:20 AM
Author: heather318

Who is USAA?

USAA is a financial institution (i.e. banking and insurance) for military.. But you can also buy jewelry from them..
What the...? I''M a member of USAA....(for 15 years, but really only about 1...don''t ask), and I have NO idea where to go on their site to look for diamonds. I just looked but nada....

IF USAA IS SELLING DIAMONDS I BY GAWD WANT TO KNOW WHERE....AND RIGHT NOW!!! (...breathing into a bag now....hyperventilating...must...know...about...ALL...diamond...sources..!)
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2008 11:51:52 AM
Author: Ice Princess Cristy

Who is USAA?
Sorry about the highjack..... swingirl my stone gets about a 4 on the HCA, is an excellent cut (GIA) VS2 G no flourescence, no culet, VG/VG for polish/symmetry............ but looks ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING in person and sparkles like there is no tomorrow..... I am still confused on why this tool is used
40.gif
what is it really telling us? (for real, I''m asking..... I know tone is hard to get across in written format
9.gif
)
Cristy, my understanding is that GIA revised their cut grades and surveyed thousands of people about visual diamond preferences which makes the Excellent grade broader than AGS Ideal. (That is very general because I don''t remember the details.) I do think we may have a tendency to be overly conservative here, but that is mainly because when people are ordering stones online, it may be safest to simply stick with the AGS0 specs. But I am betting I would like 90% of GIA excellent stones just as well. In fact, I probably couldn''t tell them apart!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results