shape
carat
color
clarity

$6000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Karen, I don''t know what to say, it''s a terrible feeling I''m sure. Hey any plumbers out there that can tell us what a P trap is???

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2005 7:02:49 PM
Author: Karen Leah

All I can think is that right now it is somewhere with nasty dirty water rushing past it. I cleaned my ring daily.
Oh, m''am...
7.gif
I am so sorry you feel so bad about this.

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2005 7:02:49 PM
I called the plumber again today. After talking to everyone I had to make sure it was the 'P trap' that they checked. They said they checked the trap but it isn't a P trap. Is that normal? I am driving myself nuts with this. Maybe I need to find a plumbing web site LOL! It just makes me want to scream that my beautiful diamond went down the pipes! All I can think is that right now it is somewhere with nasty dirty water rushing past it. I cleaned my ring daily.

What a stupid thing!
http://www.nettally.com/palmk/GDplumbing.html

I'm not a plumber, and I may not have the right terminology, but my understanding is that every single drain has to have some kind of trap, regardless of whether it's a sink, shower, etc. The trap forms a vapor seal (due to the water in it) that keeps toxic fumes from the sewage system from wafting up through the pipes and into the house. Maybe there's a central trap that isn't as sharp a bend as what I'm thinking of, but I know the shower in my house has a trap just like the diagram in the link.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
That is like the trap under a sink. The one for our building isn''t like that. It is a common drain. The pipes from all 6 showers and all 6 clothes washing machines merge to one drain. The building I live in is a historic VA Yorktown building. It is over 100 years old. I live right by Yorktown Weapons station where George Washington fought some battles. Right across the street is the Endview Plantation. I know all this is kinda neat but it doesn''t help my ring situation.

If anyone wants some eyecandy in the colored stones area look at the thread Cushion cut sapphire! My new sapphire was finished today.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 4:49:44 PM
Author:Karen Leah
Alright. I am looking for a 6.5mm round diamond set in a very very simple 4 or 6 prong platinum setting. Can this happen for under or at $6000? Am I just dreaming? I recently lost my e-ring. UGH! If anyone wants to hear the details I will be glad to tell but at the moment I am just about to die. The insurance gave me the value which was $6000. I had a VS2 F color ben bridge signature diamond. I could just get another one but I figured why not shop around. It was a .80 carat. I would like to maybe get a one carat to replace it.

I am dreaming huh?
Sure it can be done:

My favorite: This for 5800 PS price: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-6550908# - most BEAUTIFUL images; close to your original color and spot on with your clarity.

This is 5237 PS price: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5285308# - looks really clean, but a call to the vendor would confirm that.

This is 4873 PS price: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-14485699#

Good luck - sorry about your ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karen, the first one that Alj listed 1.00 H VS2 is awesome. For $5800, is a great stone, and the others she listed are very nice too, but this one is a killer stone!!!
30.gif
30.gif
ETA: PS price.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Question:
The first stone for $5800 that is a VS is nice.
The thrid stone for $4873 that is a SI is nice also. The SI one looks to be a cleaner stone. Is that right? How can the plot look cleaner and the stone be an SI? One is an AGS one is a GIA. Could that be the difference? I thought I knew a little bit about diamonds but this has me stumped!

They both look very nice but there is a $1000 difference. What am I missing? Help?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2005 7:55:40 AM

They both look very nice but there is a $1000 difference. What am I missing? Help?

The clarity plots are not meant to equate the amount of ink in them with the amount of inclusions in the stone... the scribbles on them are symbols after all. And it could well be that the copies of reports you have are not great copies (meaning, how the scans were made etc). Online, pictures are better help than clarity plots to get an idea what shows where etc. And I doubt they make seeing these stones redundant anyway - the great magnification and sometimes the lighting conditions can also make things look worse in a picture. Darkfield ones (GoodOldGold posts these) are just meant to show inclusions, other types of photos do a more or less good job at showing them.

Hope this helps.

If the Si looks appealing, you can also call it in and take a look. There''s always a return policy, and it sounds like the chances that you will indeed need it are slim anyway.

Just my 0.2
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The plot is meant to show where inclusions are as best as possible, but it shouldn''t be relied on to make buying decisions.

These stones are with the same vendor; ask them to compare them and tell you what they see. They are extremely honest, and they will tell you if the SI stone is eyeclean.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
esguy27,

Are you sure that 1.25 I/SI1 was the stone with the big black inclusion? The plot only shows a little feather...

I am only curious because I have seen a similar one recently with a big black inclusion and it wasn''t this one. This I/SI1 looks pretty good!

Poor Karen,
I understand your sentimental attachment to your first ring. This is why I will never upgrade mine. Luckily, a new beauty may help to dull the pain...

karenleah

Rough_Rock
First I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me look for my new ring!! (By the way my user name is a bit different. Pricescope couldn''t log me in. It kept telling me I had a problem with my cookies so I had to make a new account. So now I look brand new again.)

Anyhow I have my new ring and I just love it.

Thank you all again for your help!!

~Karen Leah

karenleah

Rough_Rock
Here it is.

littlemoissyhandpic.JPG

karenleah

Rough_Rock
Another. It is platinum.

moissanitehand1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yipee!
36.gif
It looks wonderful! Which stone did you end up purchasing? Do you have a SMTR thread for that lovely?

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Yeah Karen!

It looks fab! Really lovely. Isn''t that a new wedding band too?

Now stay out of the shower.....!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Karen,
I love your new ering. It''s beautiful. Is the band new as well??
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous but girl we need details..please tell us more about what stone and setting you ended up going with..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results