shape
carat
color
clarity

$6000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Alright. I am looking for a 6.5mm round diamond set in a very very simple 4 or 6 prong platinum setting. Can this happen for under or at $6000? Am I just dreaming? I recently lost my e-ring. UGH! If anyone wants to hear the details I will be glad to tell but at the moment I am just about to die. The insurance gave me the value which was $6000. I had a VS2 F color ben bridge signature diamond. I could just get another one but I figured why not shop around. It was a .80 carat. I would like to maybe get a one carat to replace it.

I am dreaming huh?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
You''re not dreaming....my ring is a 1.04ct J/SI1 ideal cut rb expert selection diamond from Whiteflash. I bought it with a 4 prong tiffany type solitaire in platinum (at the time couldn''t get the setting I wanted) and my total was under $5K. My stone is 6.61mm.

If you are willing to drop in color, it is definitely do-able!

Also, WF has the 4 prong tiffany type setting available in 14kt white gold as well for about $100. It''s not listed on their web site.

I don''t think you should have any problems finding what you want!

BTW -- I want to hear how you lost your ring...I almost lost mine recently in the garbage disposal!
32.gif
Luckily I was able to scoop it out with a fork!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that!!!!! Please tell us what happened.

I would definitely focus on getting a larger ideal cut stone. I did a really quick search and found this beauty. With the PS discount, it''s just under 6k. It''s a G, so you shouldn''t notice any difference in color, and the plot looks really clean. Everything else looks great!

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5285004#

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Karen I''m so sorry to hear that. 6K is a nice budget and the stone Dem posted the link to is very nice. Hope when you have time you can tell us what happened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Ok I will make this quick so I don''t cry. I was taking a shower. Had soap on my hands, rubbed them to get the soap off (keeping in mind I NEVER wear my rings in the shower, I was just in a hurry and didnt take them off this time.) It slipped off, I heard it hit the tub, before I could look down I knew it! I looked down and it was gone! Called the plumber, the public works water dept.....it''s a goner.

7.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mata, that 1.25 I SI1 is very intriguing.
30.gif

shay

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Wow that diamond is really nice! How do I get the "PS discount?" I didnt even know about it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Use the Search By Cut and it will show you the PS discount. When you contact the vendor let them know how you found them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That 1.25 is a wow!!!
30.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone had the same idea....I was just about to comment on that 1.25ct I! Karen -- if you don''t grab it - I might!
30.gif
30.gif

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
OH! Very good! I have never searched this way. I have a feeling I will be looking here all night. I lost my ring 2 weeks ago. Just today I decided I am ready to start looking to replace it. I tried and tried but I just can''t not have a diamond! LOL! I have never shopped online for one. Thank you all for your quik help!!!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you've gotten a lot of help and good suggestions. Matatora's suggestion to use the search by cut database is a good one. Keeping your F & VS2 will be challenging, but you can drop to SI1, living on the edge, and still get this one, easily clearing your budget. Of course, the larger one is separately attractive, but if you'd like to stay with a lower color, you can do that, too.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Here is another one I saw that I thought looked intriguing for you. big beauty

I am so sorry to hear about what happened. We will help you get the best.

shay

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
LOL I think we might have a fight on our hands LOL!

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Just an FYI, the 1.25 I SI1 stone from Whiteflash has a black inclusion that is visiable to the naked eye. I had inquired about it when I was searching. Don''t mean to rain on the parade
7.gif

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
How can the 1.25er be an SI1???

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Thank you esguy. That is how it is an SI.

I can deal with a lower color but I know I prefer an eye clean stone.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks esguy27. If it was eyeclean there would have been a major catfight! (Just kidding Karen!)

BTW - love your avatar! Office Space was hilarious!

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
LOL Thank goodness! I just got my nails done!

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear!

When you say you called the plumber, you mean you had one come out and actually inspect the drain trap? Or is the shower on a slab foundation? If there''s a trap, and if you haven''t dumped a large volume of water down the drain, I would think there''s a good chance of recovering it. A light flow of water from a shower would have a hard time sweeping a diamond up out of a P-trap.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Karen! **HUGS** What a nightmare to lose your ring that way!
7.gif
I''m surprised the P-Trap didn''t catch your ring.

I like the G SI1 Demelza recommended. It looks good and pretty close to your original diamond F color. Here''s one I saw on GOG http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_026ct_g_si2_ideal.htm I don''t know if it''s eye clean but the price is good and it leaves a lot left for a nice setting. I don''t think it''s a true H&A though if that matters to you. I hope you''ll find a real nice diamond soon.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Oh Karen, I''m so sorry to hear about your ring and I wish you tons of luck finding something bigger and better. The ladies around here will do their utmost to help you, they''re great like that
1.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Karen – I’m so sorry to hear about your ring. Hugs!

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
My hubby is in the navy and right now we are in military housing. (We will be moving again soon.) I called the housing office who sent the on site maintence comp. We are on the 2nd floor and there is an access pipe outside. It wasnt there. The found a trap and still it wasnt there either. All 6 units in my building go into the same trap. The actual plumber that I called later and had come out just shook his head. He looked and found the trap also and confirmed it wasnt there. Then promptly charged me $75! Oh well it was worth the money. I even called the water comp to see if it showed up in a filter or something. I think our water goes into the ocean. The girl on the phone laughed, yes she laughed. So.....here I am.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Karen, I''m so sorry for your loss. How devastating to have your ring slip off and go floating down the drain!!!! Thankfully you had insurance so you can get a replacement, and maybe a slight upgrade to boot. Too bad about the 1.25 I with a visible inclusion. Are you very sensitive to inclusions? Personally I''m not, but I''m more sensitive to color. Keep us posted.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are not in a hurry, how about this idea:

There are several diamonds listed on the new 'In House' database - they don't have IS or Sarin yet, but since sellers have these in store, additional details could be obtained more readily and for a couple of stones at a time as opposed to just one when these need to be called in from suppliers etc. Just my hunch... of course.

Thinking of the grades of your former stone and the requirement of 6.5mm, I ran a search among the 'In House' stones for:

Round shape, 0.95–1.3 cts, E–G color, VS2–SI1 clarity, 58–60% depth, 53–60% table, $100–6100,

Six stones turned out most from Schneider Diamonds as it happens, among which a couple seem rather tempting as much as the scarce GIA stats can tell: THIS for the VS2 part of G-VS2 and these two:

Carat Color Clarity Depth Tbl Lab Gdl Sym Pol Flr Measurements Price
1.08 F SI1 59.7% 59% GIA tn-md ex ex n 6.68x6.73x4.00 $5713
....... hoping that somehow the finish grades might indicate that this stone received better cut treatment overall,
including optical symmetry and proportions - although it doesn't have to be so.

1.08 E SI1 58.7% 59% GIA tn-md g vg m 6.80x6.86x4.01 $4804
..... and wouldn't it be nice if most 1carat colorless would be this large?! It could be shallow, uninspiring and included, but
what if not? If it doesn't cost to ask a question, I'd ask this one. Mara's first and now long-since-replaced diamond was
a 'shallow' cut all the way - larger looking than it's weight but with some problems that got it ousted. Perhaps not all
are made in the same mold though. Mostly wishful thinking here due to the 'E-SI1' part and size.

All three are from the same shop. There are no pictures, no lab report copies, no nothing. But they are 'In house'. Perhaps the seller (Schneider Diamonds) would not mind your asking questions about the cut credentials of these (how do they look under IdealScope - if they use one, H&A viewer? Eye clean?) - or whatever might be of interest for you.

They label some of these stones 'super ideal' and it sounds plausible that not all diamonds with H&A or near H&A optical symmetry get labeled and sold as such. Who knows? It may be worth trying.

34.gif
PS: If this sort of use of the 'In House' search is out of place or simply not desirable for the seller mentioned, please let me know. This is just a random, well-meaning post.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Oh Karen, I''m so sorry. I can imagine how horrible you must have felt as you realized it went down the drain.

I''m sure you will find something lovely here on pricescope. Don''t be afraid to shop online. Many, many people here have done it and been extremely happy.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I called the plumber again today. After talking to everyone I had to make sure it was the ''P trap" that they checked. They said they checked the trap but it isn''t a P trap. Is that normal? I am driving myself nuts with this. Maybe I need to find a plumbing web site LOL! It just makes me want to scream that my beautiful diamond went down the pipes! All I can think is that right now it is somewhere with nasty dirty water rushing past it. I cleaned my ring daily.

What a stupid thing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results