carat
color
clarity

5 th Anniversary gift ideas

CLEICS

Rough_Rock

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
Hi Sorry not sure what I managed to do there! Im hoping for a flash (or several) if inspiration. Basically my fifth anniversary is coming up and I have also just discovered I am pregnant with our second child so I would really like something special for our anniversary to commemorate both events but need some inspiration!! I sort of fancy a five stone ring (a stone for each year of marriage) or earrings but I think my budget is likely to be no more than £600 (about $900). at the moment my engagement/wedding bands are platinum but I do wear WG on my right hand so wouldnt rule out WG. My husband also travels to the states each September and I think this year he is going to LA so he would happy to pick something up for me there and bring it back provided I chose it with him here first.

Any inspiration gratefully received!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have diamond stud earings? Or a diamond pendant? Either of those would be really nice. Are you only looking
for a ring? Are you having a boy or a girl (or dont know yet)? You could play with diamonds and colored stones (blue/pink)
or the color for the month your child is to be born. Lots of fun options!

Congratulations on your pregnancy (and your 5th anniversary)!!!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
For your budget I''d probably spring for earrings (since that was one of the two you mentioned) and save the 5-stone for the 10 year anniversary when the budget (hopefully) would be larger.

I haven''t really priced diamond studs, but over in the colored stones forums there are many highly recommended etsy sellers that could probably get you some gorgeous colored stone studs for that budget. One I''m hoping to work with soon for stud earrings is jetflair. She actually posts here from time to time, too. I''ve had some conversations with her on etsy, and she is very knowledgeable and forthright.

You could also source your own stones and have them set.

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
Hi Thanks for your responses. I am very lucky and already own a beautiful .60 carat diamond pendant and I would love matching diamond earrings but think I need to try these on as Im not sure how big I would need to go to suit my fleshy earlobes
28.gif
which obviously also limits me budget wise.

Im hoping someone has a great idea LA wise as over here jewellery is very overpriced

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple ideas...

How about a diamonds by the yard bracelet - 5 stones for 5 years link

or diamond halo studs link

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
oh wait one more idea. BGD is running a special on their shared prong bangle which is close to your budget. Your hubby could get it engraved with something to mark the occasion. link

I actually got the 1.5ctw version for the birth of my son. his name and bday are engraved in the inside. i love it and it is super sparkly!

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
ooh thanks lizzyann01 I love that bangle - do you know if they do different sizes as I have very tiny wrists and hands

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on celebrating 2 wonderful occasions. I like the diamonds by the yard idea as well as engraving the bangle. What about a scattered band with 5 stones (3 or 4 pointers) scattered in the front?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 1:24:54 PM
Author: CLEICS
ooh thanks lizzyann01 I love that bangle - do you know if they do different sizes as I have very tiny wrists and hands

Hi Cleics, I am pretty sure it only comes in one size, but you should email Lesley at BGD and ask. I will tell you that I have small wrists and hands as well and it looks beautiful! It has never flipped to the non-diamond side at all since I have had it. Lesley could probably let you know what the inner measurement is to give you a better idea! I do highly recommend the bangle. Here is my link if you want to check mine out.
linky

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I like the bangle bracelet or earrings. They would both be quite fun!
36.gif

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
WOWEEE just followed the bangle link that is one blingy bangle and it doesnt look too massive which is always a bonus!!! I may need to casually leave the web page open on my lap top for the next six months...... how do you find the quality of the stones??

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 11:03:51 AM
Author: CLEICS
WOWEEE just followed the bangle link that is one blingy bangle and it doesnt look too massive which is always a bonus!!! I may need to casually leave the web page open on my lap top for the next six months...... how do you find the quality of the stones??

The diamonds are GORGEOUS!!! They are BGD''s signature melee so they are all ideal cut and super sparkly! It catches so many peoples eyes when I am wearing it!!! And I love the engraving. It is very special to me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results