shape
carat
color
clarity

4.8mm BK Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 8:59:48 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Date: 12/8/2009 2:54:48 AM

Author: ma re

Date: 12/8/2009 12:00:26 AM

Author: brandy_z28

Thanks ma re! That''s what I was going to look at today and forgot! I was going to see what the ruby looked like with rose gold. So I should try and go with smaller diamonds than this halo style currently has?

Well, considering the fact that your stone isn''t exactly a monster-size one (
9.gif
) I''m not sure you can find a setting with small enough stones that easily. Maybe it would help if diamonds would be just prong set, without the milgrain edge, cause that adds extra width to the halo. Or you can ask LOGR is it possible to slightly tilt/angle the halo downwards (so that it looks somewhat like a balerina skirt), i.e. that it ends up slightly angled towards the shank. That way, when looking from above, halo would seem thinner, but I don''t know if it''s doable. Going with rose gold for the entire halo might also make diamonds look smaller, due to the stronger contrast between their white and the color of metal.

I hope you come up with something you''ll love
2.gif

LoGR has a tiny 5mm halo which might work.

This is one of my favourite setting for a small stone. I am setting my Gene ruby in one, so I am biased.

Have you set it yet? I would love to see pictures of Gene''s ruby! I''ve seen some floating around and it looks gorgeous. I''d love to see your own shots of it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am the worse person for setting my stones! So, no, not yet. But the setting is on ts way to me, so it should in its home early nex year.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I meant to chime in and say that your new ruby is beautiful!

I also have that solitaire LOGR and I am over the moon with it.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 3:18:56 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I am the worse person for setting my stones! So, no, not yet. But the setting is on ts way to me, so it should in its home early nex year.
Please post pictures of your ruby once you get it set Lady_D. If I remember correctly you got your Ruby from Gene when he was doing his make an offer sale. I thought long and hard about that stone myself.
30.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 3:29:23 PM
Author: szh07
I meant to chime in and say that your new ruby is beautiful!

I also have that solitaire LOGR and I am over the moon with it.
Thank you szh07! What are you planning on setting in it? Are there pics floating around anywhere?
31.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
ruby in rose gold

ruby rose gold.JPG

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
ruby in yellow gold

ruby yellow gold.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the ruby in the Rose Gold but perhaps it looks more ruby like -- standard ruby look -- in yellow gold.

It''s going to be a stand out ring either way!!
9.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Although RG probably makes the halo seem thinner than in the WG version, it doesen''t do much for the color of the stone. So of these two metals, I''d go with yellow.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ruby!!! I agree with the yellow gold setting - I think it will look fantastic in yellow!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your input SH, ma re, and LTP! I was leaning toward yellow gold as well. It''ll probably early spring before I''m able to set it though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results