shape
carat
color
clarity

3side pave owners- gingerbcookie, islanddreams...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 1:41:29 AM
Author: schmoopykitty
that ring looks really great, and i like the mix of shapes he used. Trying on different rings is probably the best way to help you determine what you want at this point, I think. If you are considering going with Leon, I would definitely try to meet with him in person to chat. It was really helpful to meet with him and go over my ideas, even though my ring design actually changed drastically after I met with him. I got to review his ''portfolio'', try on some of his ''Available for sale'' rings and see how the rings/styles/proportions actually work on me, and that did change the way I envisioned my ring (or future potential rings). For example, I actually didn''t like the micropave (no edge) until I tried it on, now I feel convinced that I must own one.
9.gif
Of course, there''s always the danger of wanting every single style that Leon can make too...
I''m in Los Angeles, so it''s not possible to meet with him. But I have been trying on a lot of the Simon G rings which give me an idea of what I like and don''t. I really like a lot of the Simon G rings, but there hasn''t been one that I liked every detail 100%. The rings really sparkle and I unexpectedly fell in love with the pink diamonds in rose gold.

I think when I decide what I want, if I go with Leon, I feel confident that I can explain what it is I want and will trust that he will tell me what will work, what won''t and what he suggests in place of what won''t work.

I was considering Maytal Hannah since she is in L.A., so I could meet with her.
Though, just picking a Simon G would be so much easier, I like the idea of something custom that nobody else has exactly the same. It''s so hard to decide on something that I will be happy with for years and years. And like you mention- there is that problem of liking just about everything lol.

My center stone is a .99 Princess of Hearts... I am fine with that size- I''m really not interested in upgrading to the largest diamond I could fit on my finger, but I might want it a tad bigger so I''m really debating a delicate halo. I am wondering how that ring would look with a halo around the center and then with pave on the split shank. Or, pave split shank up to the center stone with a step trap and round set within the split. Simon G makes a pave split shank with halos around the trap sides. I''ve also seen some rings with halos around square centers and trap sides. I just don''t want something too wide or bulky- I want delicate looking with bling!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Since when is pave impractical? I mean I am new to PS, but I have always heard that pave is the safest way to set a diamond. I know a lot of people with pave bands, they''re so popular now, and in style, since those tiny diamonds are so inexpensive but look so pricey. Maybe there is something to the three sided pave that''s different from mine? My ering is 2-sided micropave and so is my band. I have a couple friends with similar styles too, and we''re all hard on our hands, wear our rings every day, and I''ve never heard anyone complain of a missing diamond.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 9:48:30 PM
Author: tberube
Since when is pave impractical? I mean I am new to PS, but I have always heard that pave is the safest way to set a diamond. I know a lot of people with pave bands, they''re so popular now, and in style, since those tiny diamonds are so inexpensive but look so pricey. Maybe there is something to the three sided pave that''s different from mine? My ering is 2-sided micropave and so is my band. I have a couple friends with similar styles too, and we''re all hard on our hands, wear our rings every day, and I''ve never heard anyone complain of a missing diamond.

4 prong set is actually the safest way to set diamonds in the bands. pave set stones have tiny metal beads holding the stones in place and if you knock the ring just right the bead can move and out falls the tiny diamond. Leon mege has a great article explaining pave on his site:

here''s the link if your interested in reading it
1.gif

http://www.artofplatinum.com/articles/micropave.php

sera

Ideal_Rock
tjanson... I had to look at your thread again. I really do love the full eternity. I just can''t help myself adding impracticality onto impracticality lol.
27.gif

A question of mine got lost in the posts- hopefully someone can answer it...
I do know from a previous question that with eternity bands they are limited to how much they can size or up or down, but basically my question is: if a pave eternity band is sized up, can more pave be added? Or would the additional metal have to be plain?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
sera, I''m almost 100% sure if they size up they will add more pave. there was a MB ring on pearlmans previously owned section awhile back and i asked about the sizing issue and was told it could go up or down 1 size and still be full eternity. I''m no jeweler though so best to get a real one to tell you for sure.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 10:04:36 PM
Author: mrssalvo
sera, I''m almost 100% sure if they size up they will add more pave. there was a MB ring on pearlmans previously owned section awhile back and i asked about the sizing issue and was told it could go up or down 1 size and still be full eternity. I''m no jeweler though so best to get a real one to tell you for sure.
OK, thanks. I definitely will. I have a ring that has that unfinished sizing space and it drives me crazy!!!
38.gif
I am realllllllllllllly leaning towards a 3-sided pave full eternity.
27.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Sera-

If you go for the 3 sided pave eternity band, who will you have set it? What stone will you put? I ask because I think we have similar taste.

Nancy

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 8:56:32 AM
Author: fansynancy
Sera-

If you go for the 3 sided pave eternity band, who will you have set it? What stone will you put? I ask because I think we have similar taste.

Nancy
I already picked my center stone- it''s a .99 F SI2(eyeclean) Princess of Hearts. I don''t actually get it for a few more weeks. *sniffle*

My first choice to set it would be Leon Mege. I also love Maytal Hannah''s work and I love many of the Simon G rings. The problem is my indecisive-OCD-loves-too-many-design-elements self
19.gif
I cannot decide on a which things to incorporate in the setting. If what I finally decide upon would fit in my budget with Leon doing it, that is the way I will go. If not, I will have to make adjustments in either design or designer.

I''m pretty sure it will end up being a 3 stone- but with small sidestones. The sides will either be step cut trapezoids, EC, baguette or half moon. I still have a lot of decisions on it to make - halo or not, accents with pink/yellow diamonds/gold or not, etc.

What I need to do is photoshop some things together from my inspiration rings and narrow things down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results