shape
carat
color
clarity

3side pave owners- gingerbcookie, islanddreams...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I know 3-sided pave is completely impractical, but I have really fallen in love with 3-sided pave rings- especially Leon Mege and Simon G rings. I know there are many beautiful settings I could settle on; I also was considering the Ritani shared single prong, but that was going to be stacked with a 3-sided pave if I decided on it. My dilemma thread.
32.gif

Maybe I could get a 3-sided pave e-ring with a round bezel set diamond in it so that it matched the Ritani band, and I could wear the Ritani 24/7 and take off the e-ring as needed?

For those of you who chose the impractical and went with 3-sided pave...

Do you wear your 3-sided pave with other rings?

From my "dilemma" thread, I understand the Michael B set and the set made by Leon Mege for gingerbcookie were made to allow the sets to be worn together... any problem with these two sets?

How often do you wear them? Do you wear something else for everyday and only wear these occasionally?

Do you regret getting pave because you have to be so careful, can't wear them everyday and/or lose stones?

Did you know when you bought it how impractical it was and thought you would be careful enough that it would be ok to go with that style?

If you got the ring knowing stones would have to be replaced at some point, did you go with someone locally so it would not be as difficult to get them replaced?

If you like the look of 3-sided pave, what would you suggest instead of it?

I am really having a hard time deciding what to get. I do not like plain bands and the side view of the ring is important to me. I also want bling. 3-sided pave met all these things, then after my heart was set on it, I learned I needed to reconsider... I'm just not sure what to get.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 3 sided almost everyday and I haven''t had any problems. I wear them next to other three sided too.

I did buy local.

Didn''t think to stay away from it because it would be high maintenance.

I am not sorry I have it.

I know there are alot or PS recommendations to stay away, but I don''t have any problems to report.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a three sided pave ring that is 3/4 eternity I got custom made from Whiteflash. It''s the style like the first Leon Mege ring you posted in your dilemma thread, with little metal edges (almost like channels). I haven''t had any problems with it yet *knock on wood* and I am not so gentle with my hands. I absolutely love love love the look of it, so I understand why you want it, too. I''m not married yet but I plan to wear either a matching pave band with only the top having diamonds or a thin channel set baguette eternity band.

I think the other style of 3 sided pave with no little edges seems soooo much more delicate than the first Leon Mege you posted and my ring. Plus, my ring doesn''t have any pave at all on the bottom part of the ring which is a very good thing for me. Seeing how scratched up the bottom of the band of my e-ring is makes me sooooo happy I didn''t go for a full eternity ring! I almost did because it didn''t cost much more at all, but some tiny little barely there practical part of my brain made me not do it.

I have heard repeatedly that you should NOT wear 3 sided pave with 3 sided pave, which makes total sense to me. I think if you go with a well made 3 sided pave ring and baby it a little, you shouldn''t have too many problems.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3 sided pave ring...

I wear my 3 sided ring with my wedding band - haven't had any problems with it.

How often do you wear them? Do you wear something else for everyday and only wear these occasionally?
I wear the m all the time - sleep with them on, etc.

Do you regret getting pave because you have to be so careful, can't wear them everyday and/or lose stones?
I wear them all the time. No regrets here.

Did you know when you bought it how impractical it was and thought you would be careful enough that it would be ok to go with that style?
It's not impractical, so no.

If you got the ring knowing stones would have to be replaced at some point, did you go with someone locally so it would not be as difficult to get them replaced?
Didn't think that far ahead really. I wanted it, so i got it, minor adjustments to me are no big deal, I'd rather deal with that then choosing something I wasn't 100% happy with.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies... I''m takin'' it all in- the stuff I want to hear as well as what I don''t, lol. So, I take what I hear and apply it to the design aspects I like in rings and obsess on my options a lil'' more.
14.gif

I do like the pave without the edges, but I know that really bumps up the impracticality factor. I thought I could be happy with something similar to the 5-stone providing it had a touch of pave on the head, but after seeing a square with trap sides, IDK... I wasn''t loving it. Maybe if the widest part of the trap hadn''t been as wide as the center *shrugs* And then I saw one with a square-trap 3-stone that had a small, delicate halo around them, and it looked better to me- more feminine and less hard-edge-squared-off or something. SOOOO... IDK.
38.gif
Please excuse me while I go pull out my hair.
32.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly sera, if i fell inlove with a 3-sided pave ring i''d get it and just deal with the consequences and try to baby it as much as i could. i would just make sure the person making it is skilled enough to do the high quality kind which if you use Leon, he would be, and discuss the wedding band on the front end. You are well aware of the pros and cons and if that is the style and look you really, really love, don''t settle, just try and get the best you can afford
1.gif

i also hope islanddreams and ginger will see this b/c i''d love to see how their rings are doing too...

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Sera, I LOVE the r221 you posted. I have discussed this setting with Leon to reset a RB in it. That setting has some edging, which you say you prefer not to have. But it may offer some protection against the edges.

I agree, get what you love. Better to look at your hand everday and think, man I love this ring, instead of, this ring isn''t what I really wanted, but it has less risk factor.

The Ritani is nice too, but I am partial to the r221. I really love that one.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 7:26:49 PM
Author:sera

No, and I dont plan to (but was considering it at one point). I was eyeing a wband and showed it to my FI and he said he didnt like the look of a straight band with my ering (a straight band will not sit flush). So he wanted me to get one custom made to wrap with my ering, but I dont like that look. We decided that I will wear the ering alone and the wband alone (just have to switch them up, not a big deal).

Everyday.

Do you regret getting pave because you have to be so careful, can''t wear them everyday and/or lose stones?
No regrets here.

Honestly I didnt realize that it was so delicate (and I dont think that it is delicate if it is high quality), so I was perfectly fine going with the style. I fell in love with it and that was that.

I did end up going with someone local just because I wanted to see my ring before I bought it. Also, he was the best price for the workmanship and I also thought that I would be able to bring it to him if anything happened to it.

I love the look of 3-sided pave which is why I went with it. The only other thing I considered was one side pave (top of band) and engraving on the sides. But since I did not get a diamond center stone I wanted as much bling as possible.
A picture of my ring for refrence...

my.ring.bezeled2222.jpg

kaya

Rough_Rock
I have a matching 3 sided Michael B ering & wedding band and I wear the ering and wedding band together everyday. But Michael B guarentees his work so if a stone falls out they fix it for free so I'm not too worried about the pave aspect. They told me they are meant to be worn together.

ETA: Michael B is driving distance to me but when they weren't I would I normally Fedex my set to them and I wear them when I am outside my home but not inside since I don't like to have rings on while I'm working and I have no regrets. Talk about run on sentence.

sera

Ideal_Rock
On my way home I was telling my FF that maybe I should just go ahead and get the one I love with the Ritani ring so I would have a sturdy, blingy option when I shouldn''t wear the e-ring... he joked, "Didn''t that diamond board tell you to just choose one and love it and give your FF a break?" LOL, silly man.

kaya, Michael B is too expensive for our budget, but Maytal Hannah is in Los Angeles, I believe. I will check her prices because if I went local and stones fell out, that wouldn''t be too bad. If I go with the pave, I''m pretty sure I would go with Leon or Maytal or Simon G.

poshpepper, are you still going to get that band with the milgrain bezels? I thought they style went really well with your ring. I''m in love with the look too, and I keep trying to talk myself into something more practical. I think the 3-sided pave was a great choice to go with your sapphire- it would be something to see irl!

Eva, that is my FF favorite out of all the ones I''ve shown him. I did show him the "short" list in that thread and he still prefers that as well as the Ritani band. He prefers the look of the three stone rather than a solitaire- I was so unsure of what sidestones and style that I "decided" on a solitaire, but now I''m back to a 3 or 5-stone. Ugh... I just had a flashback to Paul Puma if anyone remembers that from Bugs Bunny lol... "uhhhhh threeee orrrrr fiiiiive derrrrrrrr"
26.gif
OK, so back from my trip to Randomness... I think I would prefer trap sides but it looks TOO squared and geometric which brought me back to thinking about a small, delicate halo around the center and sides. If I decide on the 3-side pave, I will really have to think hard about having the edges I don''t prefer- though, I think they look a lot harsher in those magnified photos than they actually are irl.

mrssalvo, I was just talking about "the consequences" with my FF on the way home. I don''t want to regret getting what I love because it''s too impractical, and I don''t want to regret not getting what I love and wishing I had. I went through a couple thousand rings last night looking for a 1-sided pave or a shared prong or something that I liked that was within my price range. I loved that Daniel K split prong, but it just wasn''t the one and was out of my budget anyway. I think if I go with Leon Mege, Maytal Hannah or Simon G that it would be high quality- some of their designs would be out of the budget but many we could do.

I hope islanddreams and ginger will see this as well. All the feedback is really helping me... I really don''t want to just ask the same questions until I get the answer I was, lol, I want to listen and not make an impulsive decision either way.

Thanks everyone!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 6:36:41 PM
Author: sera

poshpepper, are you still going to get that band with the milgrain bezels? I thought they style went really well with your ring. I''m in love with the look too, and I keep trying to talk myself into something more practical. I think the 3-sided pave was a great choice to go with your sapphire- it would be something to see irl!
Unfortunately no, I did not get the band. When I first had my FI look at the band, he was like "Yeah, its really nice, I like it." So I proceeded to post it on the forum and get the ladies'' opinions. Then I asked him again a few days later and his answer was "No, I don''t like it"
20.gif
. Of course I told him he had said he liked it before and then the truth came out... he liked the ring by itself, but does not think a band (straigh of any kind) will look good with my ering because of the gap. I don''t mind the gap, but he thinks it looks *horrible*. He wanted to get a custom wband done to match the curves of my ering. I told him I didnt like the "matchy" look at all.

So we decided to compromise (lol). I will wear the ering alone and will get a wband that will stand on its own.

If only he would have told me this before I posted all those threads. LOL!

G/L on your ering search. Go with what truly speaks to you
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know deejay has a 3 sided pave ring too. i don''t know if she wears a band next to it often or not. however, her''s is very high end so I''d suspect she hasn''t run into problems. hope she chimes in...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pic of my ring (before the center stone was lowered and the prongs re-worked).

I don''t wear another band with it. My original wedding band actually looks good with it, and I''ve tried to wear them together a few time, but I just don''t have enough finger LOL for it to be comfortable. Honestly, my band probably would wear right where the fleur de leis (sp?) is over time, but if I liked them together I would do it anyway.

I wear this ring almost every day, with the exception of when I travel and when I wear my eternity band or my sapphire (so a few times a month I wear something else).

No regrets! And honestly, I guess I *should* be more careful with it but it really do feel like it''s solid as a brick. I would be SHOCKED If a stone fell out of this thing (although now that I''ve said that I''m sure a bunch of them will pop right out tomorrow, ha ha!). Really, I don''t baby it at all.

As for getting them replaced; I would have to Brinks it back to the designer because no one in Chicago will touch it, as I found out right from the beginning when I wanted something done to it, so that will be kind of a PITA when the time comes, but that''s a risk I was willing to go with.

Honestly, if you love the three sided pave look, I say go for it!

angle shot90001.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
dee*jay, your ring is BEAUTIFUL! I''m going to have to look for your thread with the specs and more pics.

I think I just may go with the risks and accept the consequences because nothing is really moving me like the 3-side pave is! Everything else has been, "It''s pretty, but..."

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sera, thank you for the compliment! Here is the thread with more pictures than you can imagine, LOL. link

And yes, you should get the ring that calls out to you!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2007 9:47:13 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Sera, thank you for the compliment! Here is the thread with more pictures than you can imagine, LOL. link

And yes, you should get the ring that calls out to you!
YW. Actually, I was at that link several seconds after I posted and then a second after that I had the expression
6.gif
!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
giving this thread a little bump for other 3-sided pave owners (and still hoping islanddreams and ginger will chime in)....

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
I have a 3 side pave engagement ring and 3 sided pave wedding band made by Leon that I wear every day. I was really nervous about doing this because of all the stories I had heard about how they would rub against each other and destroy the rings (Leon even told me this) but I went ahead and did it anyway. I''ve had my rings since December and haven''t had any problems with them. There hasn''t been any damage to them and they look just like they did in December.

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
I am going to be honest, I don''t know a lot of the terms for rings - I am still learning on a daily basis.

Sera, I guess I have a three sided pave ring because you had mentioned it in a seperate thread.

I did not buy the ring or have a say in what I go. My FI picked it out on his own.

I love, love! my ring I think he did a great job. The local store he bought it from replaces stones that pop out for free and I get free cleanings when ever I want.

I don''t know what kind of band I will be getting with it. I will probably going to get the matching pave set band eventually, but go with something simple for now.

I have two negatives about the ring. Since my ring is pretty high I often bonk it and the ring cuts into my finger. I have a little scare there now but it is covered up by the ring so I don''t mind. Also I do notice it to get dirty easier. I wear it everyday, so I try to clean on my own with hot water, a little dish soap, and a very soft tooth brush. Works great!

I love it and have no regrets!

Good luck!

tjanson

Rough_Rock
Hi there-

I amost went with 3/4 on the 3 sided pave, and after seeing the wax, asked them to go full boar. Just say yes. Impractical or not, I look at it everyday and catch my breath. Honestly the side and the bottom of the ring are for me and me alone. And guess what? I LOVE IT!!!

We had my stone reset for Valentine''s day last year. I bought a cheapy eternity band (not 3 sided) becasue I kept getting asked about my ''engagement.'' Kind of embarrassing with your 5 year old on hand, and having been married 8 years. But I stopeed wearing the eternity band, becasue it was obscuring the view of my precious!!

FOr our ten year I am thinking about getting 2 3 sided eternities made. BUt still, am struggling with how those will fit against the e-ring band. I''m thinking... maybe design a ring that allows you to see the ering''s 3 sided pave as well as the eternities. I have 2 years to do that. Will report back!

tjanring33.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 7:26:49 PM
Author:sera
I know 3-sided pave is completely impractical, but I have really fallen in love with 3-sided pave rings- especially Leon Mege and Simon G rings. I know there are many beautiful settings I could settle on; I also was considering the Ritani shared single prong, but that was going to be stacked with a 3-sided pave if I decided on it. My dilemma thread.
32.gif

Maybe I could get a 3-sided pave e-ring with a round bezel set diamond in it so that it matched the Ritani band, and I could wear the Ritani 24/7 and take off the e-ring as needed?

I have my e-ring & my wedding ring, both are the 3 sided pave. I don''t wear any other rings on my left hand. I actually like the look of my e-ring alone but it freaks my hubby out if I don''t wear the w-ring too.

From my ''dilemma'' thread, I understand the Michael B set and the set made by Leon Mege for gingerbcookie were made to allow the sets to be worn together... any problem with these two sets?

I have the Michael B set. E-ring March 2005, W-ring, July 2005. So far no problems. I get them checked about every 3 months. I''ve had to have a few prongs tightened. I''ve never lost a stone.

How often do you wear them? Do you wear something else for everyday and only wear these occasionally? I wear both my ering & wring every day. I would never have an e-ring & a w-ring that I only wore occassionally. I have them insured. I do take them off to do gardening or cooking where I''m going to get my hands all gooey.

Do you regret getting pave because you have to be so careful, can''t wear them everyday and/or lose stones? I don''t regret it for a minute. I really love the 3 sided pave look. I spend most of my day on the computer and honestly I look at the side or my rings more than the top. I would be just as careful with a non-pave set so it hasn''t affected that aspect at all.

Did you know when you bought it how impractical it was and thought you would be careful enough that it would be ok to go with that style? Yep, I pretty much knew when I got it that there were issues. I was trusting that Michael B would take care of any major problems.

If you got the ring knowing stones would have to be replaced at some point, did you go with someone locally so it would not be as difficult to get them replaced? My jeweler is in Chicago which is about 2 hours away from me. He said though any stone replacement etc. he would be sending my rings to Michael B. so if I do loose a stone I will contact him and probably send my rings directly to Michael B. rather than going to Chicago first. I have had local jewelers check the prongs and tighten the couple that needed it.

If you like the look of 3-sided pave, what would you suggest instead of it? I would have considered doing a 3 sided e-ring then doing a wedding ring that had a plain side that would butt up against the ering. I think someone here did that...one side of the wedding ring is pave, the other is engraved so there wouldn''t be diamond prongs rubbing together. If I didn''t do the 3 sided pave I probably would have done a halo to get the bling, but I was afraid I might get tired of the halo. The 3 sided pave gave me the "classic" solitaire look with a twist.

I am really having a hard time deciding what to get. I do not like plain bands and the side view of the ring is important to me. I also want bling. 3-sided pave met all these things, then after my heart was set on it, I learned I needed to reconsider... I''m just not sure what to get. I say get what you love just insure it and be prepared to get a few adjustments from time to time.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 3 sided E-ring every day with my 3 sided wedding band. No problems whatsoever so far. How safe it is, I can''t say. I am a firm believer in using what i pay for, so I know I''m taking a risk by doing this, but I feel like it''s a diamond and money going to waste if it''s bought and just sitting in a box. My ring is a Leon, and he recommends against this.

But I love my rings, I love wearing them, and so far so good
2.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock

I sort of have a 3 sided pave ring... its more rounded on top instead of having actually "sides" though.

I have ordered an engraved band and also a half engraved/half dimaond band to alternate with my ering or wear by themselves.

I wear my ering everyday right now and plan on wearing one of my bands with it most of the time.

Do you regret getting pave because you have to be so careful, can''t wear them everyday and/or lose stones?
No one really told me they were so delicate... so I wear mine everyday and clean it with a toothbrush. I havent had any problems with it so far but I do have insurance just in case.

Like I said, I had no idea. Now I''m kind of nervous though haha

Nothing else! I love my pave!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the new replies... I had missed them until today.

oobie... it's so hard to consider other suggestions... I look and think, "Well, mayyyybeee??? hmm... uh... no. I LOVE 3-sided pave." It's hard to like something else when that is what you love.

ginger... I don't know how many times I've looked at your ring on Leon's site. I love it.

I totally agree with you- I'm not going to get a ring to have it sit in a box. I am considering how I could match the Ritani single shared prong eternity with a 3-sided pave (or to wear it as a RHR- might not match as a w-band unless I have a bezel set round in the ring as a sidestone and it might get too wide having it between two thin pave rings) so I have a durable ring too.

islanddreams... I have not heard of anyone yet having regrets for getting a 3-sided pave ring- that's good to know.

I was also trying to decide on a e-ring without a w-band... but I just am not comfortable with that atm- if I can get to that point, I would do stacking rings on the right. I also won't be wearing anything on the other left hand fingers.

I won't be getting Michael B, but Leon is a strong possibility. Other options are Simon G or Maytal Hannah. I think I could be confident of the quality with any of them.

tjanson... it's true- the side view of the ring is mostly in view and I want a blingy view. I keep trying to decide on the practical and then I see pictures like this one I uploaded and I just can't help myself! And the bottom... like I mentioned in another thread, I do sign language interpreting so the underside of the ring is very often visible.

I'm wondering... when you size a full eternity... if it's sized down, do you just suck up the diamond/s being cut out as loss and sizing up you could then add a plain area or have the designer size it with his design followed through on the extra metal???

FLgirl... your FI did a really good job! My FF knows this is the style I really love but because I'm so obsessed on the details, I'm picking it out myself lol.

If I went with Maytal Hannah, she is local and I could get Simon G locally- so that would sure make it easier than sending it across the U.S. to Leon (though Leon is my fav)... ohhhhhhhhh decisions decisions!

I really want my center and any sidestones to sit as low as possible... I've whacked my rings on things before and it hurts. I also wouldn't want to damage anything obviously, but typically it is on my right hand since I'm right handed.

dmarie... I am thinking that if I do go this route, my rings will be ok because (1) it will be high enough quality that I won't have to be paranoid and (2) I am easy on my jewelry and my lifestyle isn't one that is hard on the hands (and at times when it is, I can take them off and maybe just wear the Ritani).

This is lovey's ring that I L-
30.gif
-V-E!!!

lovey6a sideview.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Tjanson and Sera, do you have more photso of your ring at different angles, i would love to see them. I am starting to lean toward the custon sid eand need ideas.

DO you wear your ring alone, or w/ a wedding band?

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe that you even remember my ring...there has been so much gorgeous bling between then and now. How nice!

Leon discouraged me from wearing another ring with my e-ring. But I tend to do my own thing and I wear my e-ring together with a band. No problems. My band is very simple, plain platinum. GingerB wears hers with a matching pave band. It is a great look - I wasn''t even thinking about a wedding band when Leon made my ring..I was so damn happy to just have the e-ring - oh and of course to be engaged ;-)

schmoopykitty

Rough_Rock
Sera

i just got my 3-sided pave e-ring from Leon and i totally love it. my ring is done with what Leon calls "brightcut" pave, with an edge instead of the more rounded one, which from the picture in your dilemma thread looks like Leon''s micropave (the surface is just evenly encrusted with the melee). I loved the micropave, it is so modern and gorgeous, but the labor cost is significantly higher, and it didn''t really work with the design I finally settled on so I stuck with the brightcut. To me (not accordingly to Leon) the brightcut also seemed more secure for pave because it sits within an edge and not just mounted on to a surface like the micropave. so if budget is a concern you may want to look at other styles of pave, at least if you are considering working with Leon.

I don''t know if I''m really qualified to answer your questions since I just got my ring two days ago, but I''m babying my ring right now since it''s brand new, and I don''t wear it with anything else and I take it off for bed and showers. I did know it would be somewhat impractical for wearing with other rings but I''m planning on going back to Leon to create a w-band that will work with my e-ring (although i know he advise against wearing them together).

GL!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 9:01:30 PM
Author: lovey
I can''t believe that you even remember my ring...there has been so much gorgeous bling between then and now. How nice!

Leon discouraged me from wearing another ring with my e-ring. But I tend to do my own thing and I wear my e-ring together with a band. No problems. My band is very simple, plain platinum. GingerB wears hers with a matching pave band. It is a great look - I wasn''t even thinking about a wedding band when Leon made my ring..I was so damn happy to just have the e-ring - oh and of course to be engaged ;-)
Oh yeah, I remember it... every time I try to convince myself to be practical, I just remember yours and that side view and the impractical part of me fights back no.can''t.do.it.gotta.have.side.view.like.lovey! The side view has been really important to me every since I saw that diamond and scalloping on a Tacori I don''t know how many years ago. Your ring is really beautiful and one of my favorites!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 9:33:37 PM
Author: schmoopykitty
Sera

i just got my 3-sided pave e-ring from Leon and i totally love it. my ring is done with what Leon calls ''brightcut'' pave, with an edge instead of the more rounded one, which from the picture in your dilemma thread looks like Leon''s micropave (the surface is just evenly encrusted with the melee). I loved the micropave, it is so modern and gorgeous, but the labor cost is significantly higher, and it didn''t really work with the design I finally settled on so I stuck with the brightcut. To me (not accordingly to Leon) the brightcut also seemed more secure for pave because it sits within an edge and not just mounted on to a surface like the micropave. so if budget is a concern you may want to look at other styles of pave, at least if you are considering working with Leon.

I don''t know if I''m really qualified to answer your questions since I just got my ring two days ago, but I''m babying my ring right now since it''s brand new, and I don''t wear it with anything else and I take it off for bed and showers. I did know it would be somewhat impractical for wearing with other rings but I''m planning on going back to Leon to create a w-band that will work with my e-ring (although i know he advise against wearing them together).

GL!
You''re qualified because any bit helps! My first choice would be to go with him... but I''m also considering Maytal Hannah and for non-custom Simon G. I''m still undecided on exactly what I want even apart from 3-sided pave. At first I was thinking I did not want that edge since it looks kinda harsh in the pics... but I remind myself it''s magnified and probably delicate irl (I have an engraved ring with the edge and it is very delicate).

I''ve been looking at the designers I''m considering and hopefully what I want (when I have that figured out) and the designer I choose will fit in the budget.

I am now back to not a solitaire- so 3-stone or 5. I''m even reconsidering a small, delicate halo around the center.

I wasn''t sure how my PoH would translate into the 5-stone shown with the sapphire... but seeing this one in the pic, I think it would be very nice.

leon 5 stone ec trap round.jpg

schmoopykitty

Rough_Rock
that ring looks really great, and i like the mix of shapes he used. Trying on different rings is probably the best way to help you determine what you want at this point, I think. If you are considering going with Leon, I would definitely try to meet with him in person to chat. It was really helpful to meet with him and go over my ideas, even though my ring design actually changed drastically after I met with him. I got to review his "portfolio", try on some of his "Available for sale" rings and see how the rings/styles/proportions actually work on me, and that did change the way I envisioned my ring (or future potential rings). For example, I actually didn''t like the micropave (no edge) until I tried it on, now I feel convinced that I must own one.
9.gif
Of course, there''s always the danger of wanting every single style that Leon can make too...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results