shape
carat
color
clarity

23rd Street Jewelers + OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oooh, gorgeous!

Ari does have some beatiful stones in his inventory, and Im thrilled you picked a winner.

Wear in much love, great health, and tons of happiness always!
36.gif
36.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much CharmyPoo, LaurenThePartier, jan can, and HeartingDiamonds!!

starshine - You''ve got me all excited about the wband now...and our wedding is still 7 months away! How will I wait, how will I make it?
32.gif
9.gif

LTP - I was hoping you''d stop by! I''m sure you don''t remember, but I picked the diamond out on the day of the GTG when you came to visit LA!
1.gif

HD - Thank you!!
9.gif
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 12:55:42 AM
Author: Hest88
Well *this* was a title that definitely caught my eye!

30.gif

Ditto this!! Love love love it
30.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning!!!! I love ALL the old cuts but the transition cuts are my favorite. They are just so fabulous.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Really, really lovely. I have yet to see an OEC I don''t love. Congrats!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
jjc, that''s a gorgeous stone! What are the dimensions? I''m wondering because that stone looks bigger than most 1.5 rounds. Do OECs face up bigger?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous - I just love it! One of my favorite rings on PS!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much icekid, LisaRN, & panda08 for your kind comments
4.gif

CareBear - My stone is spready for its weight, the dimensions are 7.36 x 7.26 (and I forget the last one, sorry!) Strictly by the numbers, my stone wouldn't be considered 'ideal' because it's a touch shallow, but it doesn't affect the performance negatively at all. And I quite like that everything about my stone, in all its wonkiness, came together just so to produce a magnificent result - it reminds me of me and FI (I definitely bring the wonkiness to the equation)
2.gif

vespergirl - Wow, thank you so much, that is a huge compliment! I'm honored
1.gif

Megalomi

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!!
30.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one heck of a gorgeous TC.

I adore that setting. I haven''t seen anything like that from 23rd before- I really love it!

I have noticed a lot of well cut stones go dark with a blue hue in the sunlight. All mine do, regardless of fluoro or not. I suspect the blue is from the sky. I think the darkness was explained as something to do with your pupils constricting because of the intense fire, making an optical illusion of a dark looking diamond. If I''m remembering that right!

Anyway, enjoy your absolutely gorgeous ring. It''s smashing!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Megalomi!

Thanks LittleGreyKitten! Yeah, it's not the more oft-done super thin micropave 23rd Street setting, it was important to me that the setting be a fitting home for our beautiful antique stone. Tina actually said the designer/benchman delighted in making a setting unlike what most people have been asking for. So much so, in fact, that he made the first one, didn't even show anyone but was unsatisfied with it, and so made a new one all over. I don't how I messed it up in my first post of this thread, but what I was trying to say was that both he and Tina were so passionate about this ring, their dedication was incredible!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
And now, if you'll all indulge me just a bit more, here are some pics that haven't been re-sized into yucky mucky oblivion
21.gif

DSC003860.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock

DSC003500.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock

DSC003380.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock

DSC018820.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock

DSC003410.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
And last one, just for fun
1.gif

Thanks for looking
4.gif

DSC02000.JPG

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
I too chose to impose a budget under what was actually available for us (~3 weeks salary rather than 3 months). I am so happy with what I got and I can't imagine having something significantly more because for me, I get really stressed about having to keep up with stuff. You pay more in insurance, you have to worry more about drawing theft or opinions, and as someone else said you still have to make a trade off somewhere. Even a billionaire could figure out other uses. Any extra is cash that we save.

In fact, I don't even enjoy owning lots of shoes, clothes, or bags. I have one black mini Dooney satchel that I wear every day and one other larger leather satchel for travel. A few years ago I got rid of all my plastic shoes and now have fewer, quality shoes: pumps in black and neutral, a sandal, pair of keds, evening shoes, my workout shoes, and some basic flat boots. I live in FL and I got rid of all my old cheap bikinis and just kept my favorite- a Poko Pano. And I enjoy the brands for the quality, not the branding.

It's just so much easier to keep myself organized and in check this way. I feel like I have an identity rather than the things being the identity for me. I hate that feeling. With that being said, I don't have GEM but I am not against large purchases either. That's just what works for someone else. My lifestyle is moving more and more towards living below our means, which makes me feel happy. I did purchase a second solitaire for myself just under .5 carats for travel and right hand use. I know that wasn't a necessary purchase but there is just something so classy about it and it provides good versatility.

What I'm really trying to say is that no one, anywhere, at any time, can have it *all* so try to remember that when you have GEM.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results