shape
carat
color
clarity

23rd Street Jewelers + OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! That stone is TDF and the profile of that setting is just exquisite!
30.gif
30.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It looks beautiful on your hand. I love how much personality the stone has.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! Many congrats
36.gif

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Beutiful stone and ring! Congrats!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!! Congrats!!!!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. I love that your fiance made a makeshift light box for pictures.
3.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thank you all for your kind comments! It feels so great coming full PS circle, after admiring all of your rings for so long, now to have our very own SMTR thread!
1.gif
PS is such an amazing resource and community, and we definitely wouldn''t have this gorgeous ring without all of you!
36.gif

Naty H&A – Thank you!!

small_paws – Thanks so much!

DiaDiva – Thank you!

softly softly – Thank you! I love your stone so much!

chiquitapet – Thanks so much!!

Tuckins1 – Thank you!

lknvrb4 – Thanks so much! And I think I might get one of those 1.5mm plain bands from eweddingbands.com thanks to your thread!

MissGotRocks – Thank you!

oddoneout – Thanks!

Circe – Thanks so much! And *PHEW* - thank you, when I first saw it I threw my hands up and literally said to FI “That’s it, I’m just not meant to have a diamond – I don’t have the stomach for it!” Blasphemy, I know. But the anxiety, especially with an antique stone…woah. I’ll get over it though
27.gif

gemgirl – Thank you!

Laila619 – Thank you, they definitely knocked it out of the park with the profile!

wsblue430 – Thank you so much!

Bella_mezzo – Thanks!!

starshine – Oh wow, that’s a huge compliment, thank you!

elrohwen – Thank you! We got the elusive ‘just below the big price jump stone’ – at 7.36 x 7.26 it’s closer to the dimensions of a 1.5. Yay!
9.gif

luvmyhalo – Thanks so much! I love your stacking bands!

Burk – Thank you!

rhbgirl24 – hahaha glad you like it!!

kittybean – Thanks! It is a really special stone
4.gif

risingsun – Thank you so much!!

IloveAsschers13 – Thank you!

SparklyOEC – Thanks so much!

princessplease – Thank you!

Sparkles&Glitter – Thank you! Haha yeah he was SO excited – we went on a full-on mission to get good pictures yesterday, we walked around for like two hours stopping under random trees and flowers to take pics
9.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
O and I realized that I posted some duplicate pictures - d''oh, sorry! I was rushing to get the thread posted, and I left out a couple of my favorite shots.

I like this one because it shows how the ring is delicate, and yet very substantial

DSC005160.JPG

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I asked for the basket to look like a crown - not because I have any delusions of royal grandeur, but I just love how it looks
5.gif
The basket looks like a crown from all angles, but this is my favorite, how it just cups the stone, and the prongs complete the look. I know that claw prongs are a fave on PS, but I feel like the prongs give the basket a stately feel. I''m so weird
41.gif

DSC004400.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really delightful!!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What an exquisite ring!! Congratulations!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful - thank you for giving us so many pictures! they''re gorgeous

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh, wow. That is one amazing diamond. And the setting is stunning too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

The perfect setting for a gorgeous stone - it looks lovely on your hand
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much canuk-gal, starburst, Maevie, CBL, yssie, Luckyeshe!!

I hope I didn't go overboard with the pictures! We've been engaged since December of last year, I had the first ring for less than a month, and then was ringless for two months so it was a lot of waiting and built-up excitement
4.gif

brilliance4me

Shiny_Rock
JJC!

W
30.gif
W!!!!!! This ring is sooooooooooooo magnificent! So unique! The facet pattern... the profile... the mounting...OHhhh MY!
3.gif

Just Beautiful!
30.gif

W
30.gif
W!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a stunner! It''s absolutely perfect! Congratulations and wear it in good health!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind words brilliance4me, legra, IndyLady, & thing2of2!!

I can't stop staring at it, and I wish I was a better photographer! These pics really don't do the ring justice. It twinkles even in the dark, and in the sun the sidestones create two shimmery little runways that bring your eyes to the center and BAM! she's a firecracker
10.gif

Here's a real life perspective shot (I've been staring at the ring in the mirror a lot too...please tell me other people do this too!!
37.gif
)

ETA - woah, sorry that pic is so huge. I'd been resizing them and they look so mucky - but that one was way too big, sorry!

DSC003470.JPG

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I just love the way the crown-like head cradles the stone! Are you going to do a matching band for it?

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 3:58:27 PM
Author: starshine
I just love the way the crown-like head cradles the stone! Are you going to do a matching band for it?
Thanks so much starshine! I love it too
30.gif

I tried on some bands when we picked it up, one that matches pretty well (but was thinner), one teeny tiny pave band, and the teeeeeny tiny french cut band that I''ve been coveting. And it might sound weird, but I just love it with the french cut band! Maybe because I''m so convinced that I need it regardless
27.gif
But I really like the contrast, and the subtle shimmer of the french cuts don''t detract from the center stone, which I always want to stay the star. I might get married with a plain band, though I''m not sure how that would look..

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous OEC.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cut pattern in that stone has me floored! Congratulations on your engagement! Wear that gorgeous ring in good health!

jan can

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 5:39:34 PM
Author: jjc
Date: 3/16/2010 3:58:27 PM

Author: starshine

Thanks so much starshine! I love it too
30.gif

I tried on some bands when we picked it up, one that matches pretty well (but was thinner), one teeny tiny pave band, and the teeeeeny tiny french cut band that I''ve been coveting. And it might sound weird, but I just love it with the french cut band! Maybe because I''m so convinced that I need it regardless
27.gif
But I really like the contrast, and the subtle shimmer of the french cuts don''t detract from the center stone, which I always want to stay the star. I might get married with a plain band, though I''m not sure how that would look..

OOOOOO, yeeeeesssss!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results