shape
carat
color
clarity

20th Anniversary project....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 5:29:31 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Thanks wifey2b!!! I got one pic of the oval and am waiting for more. Jonathon says it''s amazing!!!
ooooh oooh oooh!
36.gif
oval pictures!!!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Just now read about your 20th Anniversary Project! Congratulations!

I had a 2 carat oval that was sparkly as it could be....no bow tie....it just sounds like what you might have in mind. I should have done, several years ago, what you''re going to do.... a mount with half moons. It would have been awesome with my oval.....

But, 3 years ago, I traded this lovely oval in on my HOF.....*sigh*

I love the oval pic with the shields, too....that you posted.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hello to all,

I am new to this forum, and have never posted, but have been trying to learn as much as I can here and other sites. My husband and I also had a 20th anniversary recently, and he said he wanted to buy me a new ring. I was thrilled and began my search, not sure at all what I wanted. After looking around for a while, and investigating all my options I decided on a few styles similar to JBS, but have been so frustrated at the lack of good affordable settings out there to choose from . The JBS setting was nearly $13k without a center stone! I am honestly wondering if other people spend that on a setting and another $25k on the stone!! Am I just out of touch with prices?! My hubbie has been absolutely flabbergasted at the prices-probably wondering what kind of monster he''s created now!

Anyway, what should have been fun, has turned into a totally sad process. I think I have my sights set pretty high- I wanted at least a 2 carat stone, but really a 3 carat, in a mico pave setting. Just really wondering what people spend out there on their etc. I know it is a personal preference, and a matter of budget, but what is reasonable with today''s pricing?

I was referred to a private jeweler. He was nice and very imformative, but I know little about him.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
He had a H and A round brilliant that was 2.3 carats, Si 1, G in color, ideal cut for $23k. He kept referring to TIffany''s as having ''Guild Quality", and that is what he specializes in, and that this stone at TIffany''s would be twice the price.
Does that sound right?

Thank you in advance,

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results