shape
carat
color
clarity

2.8 ct violet/blue spinel in 18K rose gold LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Brandy!!

Date: 1/19/2010 2:11:31 PM
Author: Chrono
I love the last 2 pictures; very crisp, clear and focused. Most importantly, BLUE! It also goes really well with the rose gold.
30.gif
You know, I have no idea how I got such an in-focus shot. I''m still perplexed. My camera finally decided to cooperate!! Thanks for the "heart eyes" Chrono - LOL!!
2.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 2:30:50 PM
Author: packrat

Date: 1/15/2010 7:31:14 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
On a white background.

I thought I''d already seen this thread-musta been a different one?? Regardless, I LOVE this particular picture! I love your metal color/stone color combinations. (I''m STILL dying to do mint green/rose gold together)
Thank you Packrat.
Yes, I set a similar colored 1.5 ct violet cushion recently in white gold, so perhaps that''s the thread you saw. Good luck with the RG and mint stone. I can''t wait to see your project.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 5:59:13 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Always love to see your pics and jewels, no need to apologize! Plus we all should be buying as many stones! I''m trying to keep up!

I agree, the rose gold gives it an antique or vintage feel. Very very pretty and feminine ring.
Awww, thanks Stoniegirl. I feel like I''ve been on a stone binge lately.
emembarrassed.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Your photography skills are really improving TL! I guess it helps to have so many beautiful things to take pictures of
emteeth.gif
Congrats on yet another sweet ring. You are going to have to update us with a all on one or both hands shot hehehe.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 12:04:50 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
Your photography skills are really improving TL! I guess it helps to have so many beautiful things to take pictures of
emteeth.gif
Congrats on yet another sweet ring. You are going to have to update us with a all on one or both hands shot hehehe.
SS,
Thank you!! You are really too kind, as always. I don't know if my rings are that beautiful, but I do have a lot!!
emsmilep.gif

Did you see my question on the prior page about buying light vs dark toned violet/blue/purple spinels? I wonder what you think about that (unless you only buy reds/pinks/oranges).

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I toyed with the idea of getting a tanzy blue stone in the form of a spinel but I concluded that it was much easier for me to find a med-light blue in sapphire, darker toned stones are too disappointing to me indoors and at night! I also noticed the med-light blue spinels that are typically available are too grey for me, oh well. Pinks/reds are almost always going to be spinel for me ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
SS is correct in his post above. Nice blue sapphires are so much easier to find than trying to find nice blue spinels. Of course the two have different looks but the price is also different, more so when non-treatment is taken into account. For me, finding a nice blue spinel is more of a personal challenge which I enjoy. I noticed that darker blue spinels usually have better saturation while lighter blue spinels tend to be gray. Even the pink/reds are not immune to having their own issues; brown and/or orange undertone and extinction make the red/pink spinels of fine quality difficult to find as well, not to mention rising prices.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you again SS, and Chrono,
You are both so knowledegable, especially about spinels.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results