shape
carat
color
clarity

1st LV purse purchase suggestions

Steel

Ideal_Rock
silverand%20redsteal2010.jpg

I only have 2 Chameleon inserts - as above. One is silver/gray for the mono (there wasn't a beige option) and of course the red for the damier. I love the red one the most - it completely blends. I need to buy one for the cerises - if I ever take the plastic off :rolleyes: .

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Steal said:
lizzyann01 said:
Ha!!! You are so funny Steal!!! I would love to see the luggage tag when you get a minute! I love all of your advice to btrfly too! All valid points for a pricey purchase. My first EVER LV purchase was on my honeymoon 7 years ago in Maui. I had my eye on a Speedy and we saw an LV store there and had the BEST shopping experience so I bought it. They gave us champagne and were so nice! And considering a Speedy isn't the priciest of bags, I was thrilled that they went above and beyond for me! That started my love for designer handbags. I went on to work for a major retaillers buying office in NY and we actually got an employee discount on LV so I bought some other items/accessories. Then I got involved with Prada, Burberry, and Gucci. I don't have a lot of pieces but I LOVE the pieces I own. Now I have an 18 month old son so priorities have changed, I have my eye on a couple of things, but I want a big a$$ eternity band first!!!

That was a great 1st experience and it worked - you came back to LV. Would you believe I own some of the more obscure LV's but not a mono 25? It is absolutely on my must-get list. I'm glad you still use yours - some people have given up on the speedy's in the thoughts that as they are so well copied they wouldn't want their friends to assume theirs is fake. For me, Speedy's are and will always be, just perfect ;)) . (Very belated) congratulations on your son! I am TTC and baby mad at the moment. I don't love most of the 'new' bags LV have brought out the last 3 or so years - they are just not my style. So my collection is pretty much complete - for the moment. I still have to scratch the itch and buy the MC speedy 30 oh and my le fab ( :love: ): One day you will be mine. sigh. Good luck finding and grabbing the perfect eternity!

And so, I hope you will please forgive me for this picture. (You know I'm almost at the point that I want to share my name online. I 'know' so many ladies here that I feel strange being called by my screen name. Eventually I will do it. Maybe. Until then you must forgive this 'smudged' picture.) You will get the general impression and it is pretty. I have more tags than this but I pulled out the most complimentary looks on the speedys in honour of Btrfly's purchase-to-be. These are the only speedy's I own and yes the cerises had plastic on the handles. It was repaired and I asked the rep to keep on the plastic - BIG MISTAKE - I cannot bear to take it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

usethisonesteal2010.jpg

Wow! What a collection of Speedy's! I also love my speedy bag and I know I see a lot of fakes out there, but *I know* mine is real so I can walk proudly with that bad boy. Do you know I once had a fake wallet and used it for like a day and couldn't bear to have a fake. I'd much rather have none at all then to have a fake. I know some people are ok with it but I dunno, having a *real* something makes me feel prouder in my accomplishment of buying it. I just didn't get that same tingly feeling with a fake. That's why I have a small collection but I take great care of them and really enjoy using them. I would like to get a damier down the road. I used to be all about the mono but I think the damier is very classy looking. Definitely a larger bag though so I better keep saving!!!

Good luck on TTC! I'm sure you hear that a lot though! Once you make the decision to start trying that is all you can think about! I know trust me!

Btrfly, we are so excited for you to have your first LV! You will feel so special once it arrives!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
bumpsie.gif
Has your purse come in yet?

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Sorry ~ my post is a bit late but for purchases in the future (hope there will be more ~ lots more :D):

I have the Tivoli PM and I love it. It's a great all around bag - not too big and not too small.
It's light and you can pretty much fit most things in there on a daily basis e.g. wallet, camera, sunglasses, makeup bag etc.
It also keeps it's shape well.

LV bag on top of my purchase list at the moment is:
Stresa GM in Damier Azure - It's perfect for work/trips - fits A4 sized books and more.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I was in the same boat last year and my first purchase was a Damier speedy 30. I love it!
At first I thought it might be too small, but when I "tried it on" inteh shop, i realized that size fits me best. I fill it will all kinds of things including an umbrella on rainy days and it still does not sag.

I also love the dmaier pattern. At first I was det onteh monogram, but after careful consideration, decided they were both classic, but that the damier was the pattern for me.

I love it and find the top handle to be easy to manuever and use. It can be a bit tricky if you do a LOT of shopping and have your arms full of shopping bags and clothes to try-on (that happened once, not fun).

I have enjoyed my bag and I am sure you will too!! I soon added a small damier zippered card case/coin case to my collection and hope to add a wallet in the future.

ENJOY!!!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
lizzyann01|1287792080|2744644 said:
Wow! What a collection of Speedy's! I also love my speedy bag and I know I see a lot of fakes out there, but *I know* mine is real so I can walk proudly with that bad boy. Do you know I once had a fake wallet and used it for like a day and couldn't bear to have a fake. I'd much rather have none at all then to have a fake. I know some people are ok with it but I dunno, having a *real* something makes me feel prouder in my accomplishment of buying it. I just didn't get that same tingly feeling with a fake. That's why I have a small collection but I take great care of them and really enjoy using them. I would like to get a damier down the road. I used to be all about the mono but I think the damier is very classy looking. Definitely a larger bag though so I better keep saving!!!

Good luck on TTC! I'm sure you hear that a lot though! Once you make the decision to start trying that is all you can think about! I know trust me!

Btrfly, we are so excited for you to have your first LV! You will feel so special once it arrives!!!

I have this magnet on my fridge.. :lol:

25808dgi-can-tell-your-purse-is-fake-posters_22320518.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
PavePrincess|1291707772|2789680 said:
lizzyann01|1287792080|2744644 said:

I have this magnet on my fridge.. :lol:

Paveprincess, I just noticed this! Too funny!!! Your ring is gorgeous by the way. I have been looking for a halo for a princess for awhile now but had yet to find one that I loved, but yours is just beautiful! Please please please take some more pics and start a thread in SMTR!!!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Lizzyann - I didn't want to thread jack, so I posted a mini thread for you in SMTB. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results