shape
carat
color
clarity

18kt or 14kt white gold for jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meredith07

Rough_Rock
Hello again everyone,

I am in the process of buying my sister''s wedding jewelry for her. She is getting in May
9.gif
. Oh I just can''t wait!!!

Anyway, I am SO in love with everything I have seen on Whiteflash, but the majority of the pieces I have seen on the site and in B&M stores is set in 14kt gold. My sister and I have always preferred 18kt white gold (we are Arab love of jewelry and higher kts of gold is in our DNA
2.gif
).

So, most places do try to get the jewelry in 18kt, but it makes me wonder - why is so much jewelry (even some high end pieces) set in 14kt gold. Is it because 14kt gold is stronger versus 18 kt which is more malleable? Will daily or repeated wear wear-out 18kt gold jewelry?

If a certain piece of jewelry is not available in 18kt will the piece look bad in 14kt?

Any advice or opinions on 14kt vs. 18kt gold?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/1/2009 11:09:55 PM
Author:meredith07

why is so much jewelry (even some high end pieces) set in 14kt gold. Is it because 14kt gold is stronger versus 18 kt which is more malleable? Will daily or repeated wear wear-out 18kt gold jewelry?

If a certain piece of jewelry is not available in 18kt will the piece look bad in 14kt?

Any advice or opinions on 14kt vs. 18kt gold?
Hi, Meredith :). I know that you are interested in white gold, not yellow, and that the poster who started the thread to which I am referring you was interested in yellow gold. The same principles apply to 14K white gold versus 18K white gold that apply to 14K yellow gold versus 18K yellow gold, however.

I thought that you might at least gain some understanding of of the spectrum of Pricescopers' views from reading this thread, therefore. I am by no means trying to discourage anyone from replying to you! White gold is white...which makes it inherently different! I just thought that the above thread might be of use.

I recently bought an 18K white gold chain from Goldspeed, although I do not, now, have a pendant to put on it. I had been planning to get a tiny cross.

Good luck with your search!

PS-I may not be recalling correctly, but I believe that SanDiegoLady likes 18K white gold. Maybe she will chime in!

AGBF
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results