shape
carat
color
clarity

$10k to celebrate 10 year anniversary… how would you spend it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Half on a holiday and half on blings.

DK :))

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Since it is a wedding anniversary I would choose to spend the budget on a joint present - and if possible that would be a holiday for the two of us.

My husband and I are longing for the day we can travel alone again however since we have 3 teens, one with a sporting commitment that keeps he and my husband travelling regularly plus a business to run and parents getting older that seems a bit of a pipe dream at present.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sounds like a dream!! I love those ideas!

What does your ring look like?

Was Paris as romantic as I’m thinking?

Upgraded to a 1.81ct solitaire at 10 years, but upgraded again to 2.80ct at 20 years :). Turned my 1.81 solitaire into a 3-stone!

Paris was very romantic. We left the kids with my parents for a week, and went to all the must-visit sites like the Louvre, Versailles, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, and had our anniversary lunch on the Eiffel Tower ( Jules Verne).

Last edited:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you should both independently write a bucket list, and then come back and compare and write a joint one.

Pick something you both agree would be amazing (something you've always wanted to learn or be able to do; or some experience/place you've always wanted to visit). Congratulations on 10 years of marriage, that's really something to celebrate.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our best $10K was a trip to London (from the US) with our middle-school-aged kids -- our first international trip with kids and our first as a couple in a long while. Most of the cost was airfare, of course. There was a lot of what my kids would now call "Type 2 Fun" -- hilarious memories of at-the-time stressful or baffling ordeals ("OMG, remember ______ !"). As long as we kept our cool, we knew it would be fine -- and spouse and I had to keep reminding each other along the way :mrgreen2:.

I love gems -- and these memories are better than any gem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results