shape
carat
color
clarity

$10k to celebrate 10 year anniversary… how would you spend it?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I are planning! It’s a huge milestone, and we have $10k to spend. Still coming up with ideas. Jewelry is a definite possibility. A trip to Hawaii maybe. Any other ideas? The more specific the better! Or better yet, share what you did!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You are way out of my league with this celebration. We never had that much to spend on an anniversary or special occasion. I can't remember our 10th at all. I don't even remember our 25th. :lol-2: We never traveled without the kids, so I know there was nothing romantic. I guess I would go to Tahiti or Bora Bora. It all depends on where you live. I love Hawaii, but it isn't anything special to us as it's close-ish and we visit every year.

I like the idea of you each getting each other something (could be jewelry for you, maybe electronics or something else hobby related for him; and then spend some money on celebrating together). For example, my last significant anniversary with my ex (not married, engaged to be engaged if that makes sense) I got him tickets to a game he really wanted to see, he got me a pair of earrings I’d been eyeing, and we took a mini weekend trip together. We *did* end up spending more on the earrings than anything else… but who said things had to be fair ;-)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We really splurged for our 10th anniversary. We spent about 10k to upgraded my ring, another 10k for 2 trips. Dh and I went to Paris (dh’s sister lived there at the time so we didn’t have to pay for accommodations) and then took the kids on a Disney cruise!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would you find most special? A trip or material goods? Or perhaps both?

It comes down to what you both would find to be the most special way to celebrate. And that will be different for many couples.

For us it has changed. When we were young we splurged and spent an inordinate amount on a trip to Italy. Over 3 glorious weeks. Very memorable. But now that wouldn't feel the same and I wouldn't choose a trip but then it was perfect. And we also bought a few bling gifts along the way during that trip so I have those keepsakes to remember that wonderful time.

Some of our most happy memories were our Autumn car trips to New England. We would stop at bed and breakfasts along the way and take a few weeks to properly see all we wanted to up and down the coast. It was very romantic and I do hope to be able to do that again at some point (we had to stop for various reasons not the least of which were needy cats). We did that for over 10 years. Really special. We found some amazing romantic places that we went back to each year they were so special.

And of course there were special jewelry gifts through the years as well. Pieces I still cherish and associate with very happy times.

There is no right or wrong answer. Just what you two would find to be the best and most memorable way to celebrate. No matter what you decide happy 10th anniversary. Wishing you many many more.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of you each getting each other something (could be jewelry for you, maybe electronics or something else hobby related for him; and then spend some money on celebrating together). For example, my last significant anniversary with my ex (not married, engaged to be engaged if that makes sense) I got him tickets to a game he really wanted to see, he got me a pair of earrings I’d been eyeing, and we took a mini weekend trip together. We *did* end up spending more on the earrings than anything else… but who said things had to be fair ;-)

That sounds perfect! Each getting a gift and going on an outing.

You’re pre-engaged? Congrats!! Does this mean there’s a ring in the works?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
We really splurged for our 10th anniversary. We spent about 10k to upgraded my ring, another 10k for 2 trips. Dh and I went to Paris (dh’s sister lived there at the time so we didn’t have to pay for accommodations) and then took the kids on a Disney cruise!

Oh that sounds like a dream!! I love those ideas!

What does your ring look like?

Was Paris as romantic as I’m thinking?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
What would you find most special? A trip or material goods? Or perhaps both?

It comes down to what you both would find to be the most special way to celebrate. And that will be different for many couples.

For us it has changed. When we were young we splurged and spent an inordinate amount on a trip to Italy. Over 3 glorious weeks. Very memorable. But now that wouldn't feel the same and I wouldn't choose a trip but then it was perfect. And we also bought a few bling gifts along the way during that trip so I have those keepsakes to remember that wonderful time.

Some of our most happy memories were our Autumn car trips to New England. We would stop at bed and breakfasts along the way and take a few weeks to properly see all we wanted to up and down the coast. It was very romantic and I do hope to be able to do that again at some point (we had to stop for various reasons not the least of which were needy cats). We did that for over 10 years. Really special. We found some amazing romantic places that we went back to each year they were so special.

And of course there were special jewelry gifts through the years as well. Pieces I still cherish and associate with very happy times.

There is no right or wrong answer. Just what you two would find to be the best and most memorable way to celebrate. No matter what you decide happy 10th anniversary. Wishing you many many more.

A road trip is a really cool idea and would be a nod to the life we led when we met!

What’s a piece of jewelry you picked up in Italy, can you tell me about one?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You are way out of my league with this celebration. We never had that much to spend on an anniversary or special occasion. I can't remember our 10th at all. I don't even remember our 25th. :lol-2: We never traveled without the kids, so I know there was nothing romantic. I guess I would go to Tahiti or Bora Bora. It all depends on where you live. I love Hawaii, but it isn't anything special to us as it's close-ish and we visit every year.

Hawaii sounds lovely, even if it’s close by!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A road trip is a really cool idea and would be a nod to the life we led when we met!

What’s a piece of jewelry you picked up in Italy, can you tell me about one?

I miss our road trips. So much fun and so romantic.
Let’s see. I got my Cartier tank in Milan and my aquamarine ring in Rome. Among a few other pieces some for my husband but most for me.
And too many boots and jackets to count lol.

We declared everything at customs. My husband is very by the law and we don’t play around with that. Don’t ask how much we paid in fees lol. But it was worth it.

That sounds perfect! Each getting a gift and going on an outing.

You’re pre-engaged? Congrats!! Does this mean there’s a ring in the works?

Ah no, what I meant was that I was pre-engaged with my ex when we did that. I just included that info to explain the seriousness of the occasion, and also to highlight of course our finances were separate. At the moment I’m single… (but no worries, you didn’t upset me by bringing it up)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
We went to Alaska on a small ship cruise for our 10th anniversary. I've been to a lot of places, both in the US and in Europe and it was my favorite trip ever. It was romantic and fun and almost spiritual. My husband and I both felt it. Another trip that I think would be memorable is to go to Iceland to see the Northern Lights!! Almost like natural fireworks to commemorate your anniversary!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably use the money for a trip if you feel comfortable travelling right now. I don't know where you are located, but I'd go to somewhere like Paris or Amsterdam or Provence or Tuscany. Then I'd use some of the funds to buy something special for each of us while on the trip to remember it by. It really depends on what kind of trips you like, some like beach vacations, some like cruises and some like city trips, so it's hard to be very specific without knowing which you prefer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to add one thought. I wouldn’t want to go on a cruise right now. They can act like Incubators. Definitely not during the pandemic IMO. Though I will add one of my favorite trips was my Alaska cruise on the Holland America maiden voyage of the MS Ryndam. But better enjoyed during non pandemic times.

Reactions: Kya

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely prioritize a special piece of jewelry! You can easily add on a trip - I traveled a lot pre-kids and pre-covid and never came close to spending $10K on one trip.

For our ten year anniversary my husband and I took a vacation to the British Virgin Islands and I got the ring in my avatar. The total was only a bit more than $10K. The vacation was wonderful but my ring brings me joy every day.

In fact, that's how I found Pricescope. I had picked out a Tiffany Soleste sapphire ring, but decided to see what I could have custom made for the same amount of money. Then I found out about August Vintage diamonds and the rest is history!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I miss our road trips. So much fun and so romantic.
Let’s see. I got my Cartier tank in Milan and my aquamarine ring in Rome. Among a few other pieces some for my husband but most for me.
And too many boots and jackets to count lol.

We declared everything at customs. My husband is very by the law and we don’t play around with that. Don’t ask how much we paid in fees lol. But it was worth it.

Lovely mementos! And a small price to pay for such an honest husband ;-)
Seems like a good investment!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ah no, what I meant was that I was pre-engaged with my ex when we did that. I just included that info to explain the seriousness of the occasion, and also to highlight of course our finances were separate. At the moment I’m single… (but no worries, you didn’t upset me by bringing it up)

Oh thank you for your thoughtfulness in letting me know that I didn’t upset you, because I definitely would’ve spent the day worrying that I had! I hope a JLo-worthy rock is gifted to you in the future ;-) but I think you’re a grown woman who can buy her own bling no problem in the meantime!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
We went to Alaska on a small ship cruise for our 10th anniversary. I've been to a lot of places, both in the US and in Europe and it was my favorite trip ever. It was romantic and fun and almost spiritual. My husband and I both felt it. Another trip that I think would be memorable is to go to Iceland to see the Northern Lights!! Almost like natural fireworks to commemorate your anniversary!!

I love the idea of incorporating natural beauty with the occasion. I’ve always wanted to go to one of those dark zones that are ideal for seeing the stars!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I would probably use the money for a trip if you feel comfortable travelling right now. I don't know where you are located, but I'd go to somewhere like Paris or Amsterdam or Provence or Tuscany. Then I'd use some of the funds to buy something special for each of us while on the trip to remember it by. It really depends on what kind of trips you like, some like beach vacations, some like cruises and some like city trips, so it's hard to be very specific without knowing which you prefer.

I definitely lean towards Paris!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Just to add one thought. I wouldn’t want to go on a cruise right now. They can act like Incubators. Definitely not during the pandemic IMO. Though I will add one of my favorite trips was my Alaska cruise on the Holland America maiden voyage of the MS Ryndam. But better enjoyed during non pandemic times.

Agreed

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely prioritize a special piece of jewelry! You can easily add on a trip - I traveled a lot pre-kids and pre-covid and never came close to spending $10K on one trip.

For our ten year anniversary my husband and I took a vacation to the British Virgin Islands and I got the ring in my avatar. The total was only a bit more than $10K. The vacation was wonderful but my ring brings me joy every day.

In fact, that's how I found Pricescope. I had picked out a Tiffany Soleste sapphire ring, but decided to see what I could have custom made for the same amount of money. Then I found out about August Vintage diamonds and the rest is history!

I think this is exactly what I would like to do.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our daughter was in 1st grade, and we didn't have family members she could stay with, so travel was not an option. Probably we went out to eat and took our daughter with us, as we do most years.

Also, we each got some jewelry. I chose a pair of omega-back, channel set diamond hoops, and he chose a chunky gold curb link bracelet. That was 20 years ago and gold was more affordable back then.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Our daughter was in 1st grade, and we didn't have family members she could stay with, so travel was not an option. Probably we went out to eat and took our daughter with us, as we do most years.

Also, we each got some jewelry. I chose a pair of omega-back, channel set diamond hoops, and he chose a chunky gold curb link bracelet. That was 20 years ago and gold was more affordable back then.

That all sounds so lovely!

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
A trip to San Francisco with a visit to Lang Antiques followed by a picnic near the Golden Gate Bridge?

A hop across the pond with a stop at the Queen's jeweler, Bentley & Skinner. Followed by afternoon tea at Kensington Palace's Orangery and maybe a stop to see more royal jewels at the British Museum?

Oh, I could go on and on...Anyway, Congratulations!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are used to taking 1 week vacations, I would make it a two-week trip, if you can take the time off.

Me too. When I was younger, a Hong Kong jeweler wrote me fake receipt. I was a nervous wreck going through customs. It wasn't worth it so decided never again.

I remember coming back from Italy, the stewardess took a look at my detailed customs form and said "No one writes down everything, do you want a new one?" I declined. When we went through customs, I was the only one in the line to declare going over. The agent looked at it and asked one question: "Is this all for you?" I said yes and he let me through with paying any duty :mrgreen2:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
A trip to San Francisco with a visit to Lang Antiques followed by a picnic near the Golden Gate Bridge?

A hop across the pond with a stop at the Queen's jeweler, Bentley & Skinner. Followed by afternoon tea at Kensington Palace's Orangery and maybe a stop to see more royal jewels at the British Museum?

Oh. My. Gosh! Those both sound amazing!!!!!!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

Bentley and Skinner I had never heard of before!! My eyes are popping out of my head! Such beautiful things!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results