shape
carat
color
clarity

$1000 - What would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 11:36:40 AM
Author: btrflygrl23
Hi Miranda,

I vote for the WF bangle or the hoops but I am biased toward the bangle LOL I have 2 of the 1ct bangles. Not sure if WF makes them custom or smaller but I have the same size wrist as you and it fits me fine doesn''t turn and before I bought mine I asked jcrow about hers and her wrist is a bit smaller than mine and she was nice enough to tell me that she really likes hers and it doesn''t turn either. I''ve had no probs at all with mine they are just super pretty.
The hoops sound gorgeous too you are so lucky I just went to a wedding with FI and there were tons of my least favorite people there and I never thought to ask him for an incentive to go!!
2.gif
Next time I will thanks for the awesome idea you rock!
Enjoy your bling whatever you get and try to have fun!
Take care
21.gif
With a little ''incentive'' I can be talked into most things...He knows this!!! Thanks for the tip about the bangle. I don''t worry about it turning as much as where it would sit on my hand. Bracelets bother me when they are really loose. I guess a call to Whiteflash is in order!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 11:49:46 AM
Author: Miranda
HAHA!!! Dart board!!! That''s a great idea! I''d stop driving myself crazy!

I''ve added another thing to the list. A solitaire bezel set pendant. From .5 ct to .7. Does that change any minds?????
Gah, this is complicated enough as it is!!! Stop adding more pretties!!
41.gif

Seriously, I''d still stick with the band, although the pendant would come in 2nd. I''d be able to appreciate the sparkle on my hands anytime, but I''d hardly ever get to see the sparkle if it''s laying on my chest....unless I have tons of mirrors about--then the two might be tied....

snlee

Ideal_Rock
My vote goes to the WF bangle because I love it and I''ve wanted one for awhile! Can you let me know if you find out anything about the sizing? I''ve been wondering about that, as I have about a 6" wrist and I don''t like it when bracelets are too big.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 11:27:48 AM

Date: 8/9/2007 6:04:05 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I got a .43 carat H/SI1 bezel pendant from blue nile set in platinum!!! I love it!!!
For $1000? I was pricing .5 ct stones at around $1200. I love your necklace! Thanks for the new idea!
It was under 1k with the strong blue flour! No upgrade policy with BN though, but it was definitely a few hundred cheaper than anyone else with the platinum chain.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to chime in to add that I previously spoke with Katie at Whiteflash and she told me they cannot make the bangle any smaller
7.gif
I love that bangle, but I too have tiny wrists and normal size bangles can slide right off my hand. Maybe if enough of us start asking they will make a smaller version!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 4:18:25 PM
Author: NovemberBride
I just wanted to chime in to add that I previously spoke with Katie at Whiteflash and she told me they cannot make the bangle any smaller
7.gif
I love that bangle, but I too have tiny wrists and normal size bangles can slide right off my hand. Maybe if enough of us start asking they will make a smaller version!
That''s a bummer. I wonder if that bangle would feel too big on my 6" wrist.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My honest answer is "I don''t know!" Because I can''t decide how to spend my own money and started my own thread a couple of weeks ago. LOL

Now I have looked at the diamond hoops and they are very nice. But I don''t need them and you can''t see earrings. Which just got me thinking about getting more diamond studs. But nothing larger than what I have is available in that price range.
38.gif
So I thought about going w/WF with the idea of upgrading...

The ring is nice.

The WF Bangle would be my pick ''cause as you make small talk with those annoying people you could stare at your new bangle! I already have a bangle that I wear every day.

HTH

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Gwendolyn - I still love that band...It has moved to the top of the list...Unless I find a great stone that is
31.gif

snlee and NovemberBride - that is a total bummer! I''ll call WF and tell them the small wristed ladies have united. We need a small bangle!

KC - thanks for the info! I love strong blue!

Stone Hunter - that was my thought. I could gaze upon my little ACAs to take away the pain of enduring some of my least favorite people. I thought about starting with some tiny studs from WF and upgrading, too. While hubby is OK with my neverending thirst for bling, he never likes to hear the word ''upgrade'' - it makes him twitch
28.gif
!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2007 8:58:42 PM
Gwendolyn - I still love that band...It has moved to the top of the list...Unless I find a great stone that is
31.gif

snlee and NovemberBride - that is a total bummer! I''ll call WF and tell them the small wristed ladies have united. We need a small bangle!

Stone Hunter - that was my thought. I could gaze upon my little ACAs to take away the pain of enduring some of my least favorite people. I thought about starting with some tiny studs from WF and upgrading, too. While hubby is OK with my neverending thirst for bling, he never likes to hear the word ''upgrade'' - it makes him twitch
28.gif
!
Well I''m OK with my husband twitching if he doesn''t stand in my way! But my husband doesn''t understand that my interest in jewelry didn''t end once I got my Anniversary ring last year.
20.gif
Even thought I love it and don''t want to change it.

Tiny studs from WF really wouldn''t give you the instant satisfaction that a bangle would. At this point I''m looking for some instant gratification! LOL

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I forgot to add that I recently found the starlight bands -- tiny colored diamonds in a thin band. They look wonderful. I'd like several of them stacked. They would go so well with my colored gemstone rings. I'm off to measure how many mm I have available on my hand.
11.gif
11.gif

But I haven't seen them in person.
7.gif

ETA: http://www.starlightbands.com

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
Wahooooo!!!! You totally need to get that band, so I can live vicariously through you, Miranda!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 9:32:19 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

31.gif

28.gif
!
Well I''m OK with my husband twitching if he doesn''t stand in my way! But my husband doesn''t understand that my interest in jewelry didn''t end once I got my Anniversary ring last year.
20.gif

Tiny studs from WF really wouldn''t give you the instant satisfaction that a bangle would. At this point I''m looking for some instant gratification! LOL
That''s how my hubby is. I''ve told him that once I have the 2+ ct oval I won''t be so obsessive. He is shocked that I would even want something else since I just got a new ring 2 years ago. He just doesn''t understand.

I don''t think little studs would give me the bang I''m thinking, either.

What are you looking for? Do you have an unpleasant event to attend, too?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 9:35:46 PM
Oh I forgot to add that I recently found the starlight bands -- tiny colored diamonds in a thin band. They look wonderful. I''d like several of them stacked. They would go so well with my colored gemstone rings. I''m off to measure how many mm I have available on my hand.
11.gif
11.gif

But I haven''t seen them in person.
7.gif

ETA: http://www.starlightbands.com
Verrrrrry pretty!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 9:49:40 PM
Author: gwendolyn

31.gif
Wahooooo!!!! You totally need to get that band, so I can live vicariously through you, Miranda!!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda,

Any idea what you''re thinking of getting? When is the wedding?

A few months back, my husband planned to take the kids and me to a party which was going to make me miserable, and I ALMOST tried the "I''ll go if I can get a piece of jewelry or a new outfit," lol, but then he decided not to go after I explained my reasons for not going. I was actually relieved since the people related to the hosts are VERY rude!
1.gif
lol

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 11:18:59 PM
9.gif
When''s the deadline for you to decide?
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 11:26:09 AM
Author: MC
Miranda,

Any idea what you''re thinking of getting? When is the wedding?

A few months back, my husband planned to take the kids and me to a party which was going to make me miserable, and I ALMOST tried the ''I''ll go if I can get a piece of jewelry or a new outfit,'' lol, but then he decided not to go after I explained my reasons for not going. I was actually relieved since the people related to the hosts are VERY rude!
1.gif
lol
I haven''t decided yet. The event isn''t until Sept. so I''m just planning ahead. I love the hosts of the event and would go whether or not DH was open to bribery. A bit of jewelry just sweetens my mood. If I can avoid a certain somebody or a few certain somebodies everything will be fine...If not, my tongue will be bloody from all of my biting it LOL!!!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 12:34:31 PM

Date: 8/13/2007 11:18:59 PM
9.gif
When''s the deadline for you to decide?
9.gif
Sept 1 is the event.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 12:58:59 PM
Sept 1 is the event.
Can you pick up any of the items in a store, or would they all have to ordered online and shipped to you? If so, how much time would you need to allow for that?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 2:22:07 PM

Date: 8/14/2007 12:58:59 PM
Sept 1 is the event.
Can you pick up any of the items in a store, or would they all have to ordered online and shipped to you? If so, how much time would you need to allow for that?
Most I could get at my jeweler. I don''t need the piece for the event, I just want something new
28.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the bangle, too. I think it''s the wisest investment and the most sparkle for the buck.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 2:29:29 PM
Most I could get at my jeweler. I don''t need the piece for the event, I just want something new
28.gif
Hehehe, fair enough. If it was me, I''d want to wear it to the event so I could wave my hands while talking and watch the people who annoy me follow the sparklies with their eyes. That would definitely make the evening more bearable for me.
2.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2007 11:17:51 PM

Date: 8/13/2007 9:32:19 PM

31.gif

28.gif
!
20.gif

That''s how my hubby is. I''ve told him that once I have the 2+ ct oval I won''t be so obsessive. He is shocked that I would even want something else since I just got a new ring 2 years ago. He just doesn''t understand.

I don''t think little studs would give me the bang I''m thinking, either.

What are you looking for? Do you have an unpleasant event to attend, too?
Nothing unpleasant. I just have "cash back" on one of my cards and want to use it for bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results