shape
carat
color
clarity

$1000 - What would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
This is a long story and I don''t know how to shorten it so lets just say that I''m kinda bribing my sweet DH. We have been invited to a wedding where there will be some of my LEAST favorite people. I told DH I will go and EVEN mind my manners if I have some new jewelry to wear. Well, DH happily agreed. And now I have a roughly $1000 budget to find something new. Here are a few things I had in mind...

The Whiteflash bangle I just love this! It would be the 1 ct. size. Does anyone know if these can be sized down or custom made smaller? My wrist is 5.5" at the widest point.

Signed Pieces band This would make a great RHR...Or a wedding band if I ever upgrade
31.gif
!

Also, my jeweler has some 1.5 ct. bead set hoops similar to these Blue Nile hoops that I loved when I was there over the weekend.

The Cartier trinity yellow, white, and rose gold ring. I was saving that one for Mother''s Day, though, I do love it.

Any other ideas???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh, what fun!!!
31.gif
31.gif

I like the earrings or bangle braclet. Jcrow and Mara love their braclets.
9.gif
What a sweet dh. hehee

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are all great choices!!! Now how in the heck do you get jewelry for attending a wedding you don''t want to go to. I need to use that on Mr. Kaleigh.
31.gif
You are my hero!!!
36.gif
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 9:56:49 PM
Author: Skippy123
oooooh, what fun!!!
31.gif
31.gif

9.gif
What a sweet dh. hehee
It is fun! I think it''s funny that he was game!

Do you think the hoops are too trendy?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha-YES! I love a good bribe! Hmm...of the choices you posted, I would probably go for the Cartier trinity ring. But I''m biased, because I have one and I love it! So if you''re saving that one for Mother''s day, then I would probably go for Whiteflash bangle. I bet WF can make the bangle smaller for your tiny wrist, too!

Speaking of tiny wrists, I think it was you who was looking for gold bracelets in smaller sizes at the same time I was. Well I found a bunch of 6.5" and 6.75" gold bracelets on QVC.com. I haven''t ordered any yet because now I''m saving up for bezel set diamond earrings, but the gold bracelets are high on my jewelry need list!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:07:26 PM
Author: Miranda

oooooh, what fun!!!
31.gif
31.gif

9.gif
What a sweet dh. hehee

I
emlove.gif
the hoops. I want a pair. hehehe

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I'd go with the Signed Pieces ring as it seems to be the most classic of the bunch. I'm not a fan of either braceletes or hoops. . .I know the WF bangle is popular here, but I (personally) don't like anything on my wrists, so I'd say nay to that. . .I think really, it comes down to what you'd wear most. Pick which item you'd wear most often, NOT what you'd pick just to show off at the wedding.
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:05:01 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Those are all great choices!!! Now how in the heck do you get jewelry for attending a wedding you don''t want to go to. I need to use that on Mr. Kaleigh.
31.gif
You are my hero!!!
36.gif
3.gif
HA HA!!!! I think it has something to do with the fact that he wants another new surfboard, too.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:07:36 PM
Author: thing2of2
Hahaha-YES! I love a good bribe! Hmm...of the choices you posted, I would probably go for the Cartier trinity ring. But I''m biased, because I have one and I love it! So if you''re saving that one for Mother''s day, then I would probably go for Whiteflash bangle. I bet WF can make the bangle smaller for your tiny wrist, too!

Speaking of tiny wrists, I think it was you who was looking for gold bracelets in smaller sizes at the same time I was. Well I found a bunch of 6.5'' and 6.75'' gold bracelets on QVC.com. I haven''t ordered any yet because now I''m saving up for bezel set diamond earrings, but the gold bracelets are high on my jewelry need list!
Yep, it was me! Thanks for the info. I am leaning toward saving the Trinity for M Day.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:10:49 PM
Author: MC
Well, I''d go with the Signed Pieces ring as it seems to be the most classic of the bunch. I''m not a fan of either braceletes or hoops. . .I know the WF bangle is popular here, but I (personally) don''t like anything on my wrists, so I''d say nay to that. . .I think really, it comes down to what you''d wear most. Pick which item you''d wear most often, NOT what you''d pick just to show off at the wedding.
2.gif
Good advice! I posted things that are on my list of things I''d love to have and would wear daily.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:08:40 PM

Date: 8/8/2007 10:07:26 PM

oooooh, what fun!!!
31.gif
31.gif

9.gif
What a sweet dh. hehee

I
emlove.gif
the hoops. I want a pair. hehehe
I love them, too. My studs may be reset soon so I will only have a pair of princess huggies to wear. Maybe the hoops are just the thing!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the bangle! It''s beautiful and kind of out of the ordinary...just like the way you got your jewelry allowance!
19.gif
I always try to pick fun items that I would never buy for myself when I suddenly get to pick a gift.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love diamond hoops. My second choice would be the SP band.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:14:43 PM

Hahaha-YES! I love a good bribe! Hmm...of the choices you posted, I would probably go for the Cartier trinity ring. But I'm biased, because I have one and I love it! So if you're saving that one for Mother's day, then I would probably go for Whiteflash bangle. I bet WF can make the bangle smaller for your tiny wrist, too!

Speaking of tiny wrists, I think it was you who was looking for gold bracelets in smaller sizes at the same time I was. Well I found a bunch of 6.5' and 6.75' gold bracelets on QVC.com. I haven't ordered any yet because now I'm saving up for bezel set diamond earrings, but the gold bracelets are high on my jewelry need list!
Yep, it was me! Thanks for the info. I am leaning toward saving the Trinity for M Day.
Hey, that is a good idea in honor of your 3 kiddos.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:21:25 PM
Author: BigDiamonds
I vote for the bangle! It''s beautiful and kind of out of the ordinary...just like the way you got your jewelry allowance!
19.gif
I always try to pick fun items that I would never buy for myself when I suddenly get to pick a gift.
This is ordinary...For me! Once, he wanted ot go to the Porsche Driving School in Alabama. I told him of course he could go...In exchange for some jewelry!
31.gif
LOL - he has a really good sense of humor about things like this.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:27:12 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks for your input! I was just looking at your hoops and charms in Ann''s thread. So cute!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 10:42:18 PM

Date: 8/8/2007 10:14:43 PM

Speaking of tiny wrists, I think it was you who was looking for gold bracelets in smaller sizes at the same time I was. Well I found a bunch of 6.5'' and 6.75'' gold bracelets on QVC.com. I haven''t ordered any yet because now I''m saving up for bezel set diamond earrings, but the gold bracelets are high on my jewelry need list!
Hey, that is a good idea in honor of your 3 kiddos.
That''s the idea. One white, one yellow, one pink, for my two boys and a girl!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooh....I''m going to go against the grain here and vote for the band. That is just beautiful, and I want diamonds on both my hands eventually, so I''d go with that one in your place, no question.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 11:20:28 PM

Thanks for your input! I was just looking at your hoops and charms in Ann''s thread. So cute!

I totally forgot about that thread! See if you get the hoops you could add some pretty charms.....maybe another event you have to go to
27.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
bangle bangle bangle!!! I''ve been coveting one!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a .43 carat H/SI1 bezel pendant from blue nile set in platinum!!! I love it!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d have to vote bangle!

I was lucky enough to wear Mara''s for a few hours when we went out to dinner during her trip to the East Coast, and it was GORGEOUS. Simply beautiful.....eyecatching and VERY sparkly!

The nice thing about a bracelet? YOU can see it.....unlikely earrings/pendant! LOL

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love shared prong bands! Thanks for the help Gwendolyn!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 1:47:06 AM

Date: 8/8/2007 11:20:28 PM

I totally forgot about that thread! See if you get the hoops you could add some pretty charms.....maybe another event you have to go to
27.gif
Good thinkin'' Tacori!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 2:18:05 AM
Author: divergrrl
bangle bangle bangle!!! I''ve been coveting one!!
I have been, too! Along with a million other things!
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 6:04:05 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I got a .43 carat H/SI1 bezel pendant from blue nile set in platinum!!! I love it!!!
For $1000? I was pricing .5 ct stones at around $1200. I love your necklace! Thanks for the new idea!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 10:36:42 AM
Author: aljdewey
I''d have to vote bangle!

I was lucky enough to wear Mara''s for a few hours when we went out to dinner during her trip to the East Coast, and it was GORGEOUS. Simply beautiful.....eyecatching and VERY sparkly!

The nice thing about a bracelet? YOU can see it.....unlikely earrings/pendant! LOL
LOL! That''s just what I told my DH! He loves the hoops is trying to talk me into those. I said, "But, I can see a ring or bracelet through the entire event to help improve my mood!"

Mara''s is gorgeous! She and Jcrow did this to me!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 11:26:12 AM
9.gif
I think that, whichever you choose, you''ll have something incredibly beautiful and sparkly and NEW! Maybe you should print out pictures of all your choice, tack them to a dart board, and choose that way?
37.gif

(PS--Still voting for the shared prong band! Know that I will be dripping with envy if that''s what you end up getting!!
9.gif
)

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Miranda,

I vote for the WF bangle or the hoops but I am biased toward the bangle LOL I have 2 of the 1ct bangles. Not sure if WF makes them custom or smaller but I have the same size wrist as you and it fits me fine doesn''t turn and before I bought mine I asked jcrow about hers and her wrist is a bit smaller than mine and she was nice enough to tell me that she really likes hers and it doesn''t turn either. I''ve had no probs at all with mine they are just super pretty.
The hoops sound gorgeous too you are so lucky I just went to a wedding with FI and there were tons of my least favorite people there and I never thought to ask him for an incentive to go!!
2.gif
Next time I will thanks for the awesome idea you rock!
Enjoy your bling whatever you get and try to have fun!
Take care
21.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 11:36:34 AM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 8/9/2007 11:26:12 AM
9.gif
I think that, whichever you choose, you''ll have something incredibly beautiful and sparkly and NEW! Maybe you should print out pictures of all your choice, tack them to a dart board, and choose that way?
37.gif

(PS--Still voting for the shared prong band! Know that I will be dripping with envy if that''s what you end up getting!!
9.gif
)
HAHA!!! Dart board!!! That''s a great idea! I''d stop driving myself crazy!

I''ve added another thing to the list. A solitaire bezel set pendant. From .5 ct to .7. Does that change any minds?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results