shape
carat
color
clarity

100% Natural Unheated Ruby - Estimated Retail Value???

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the pictures.

Yes, I know about how to check for Fluorescence, I have over 50 diamonds in my collection.
The red glass is only between the camera and the diamonds, UV direct at the diamonds of course - no glass between diamonds and UV.

I know it's red, I have tested other diamonds, ruby's, sapphire's, torumaline's, demantoid's etc, det filter does not affet their color at any level at all. I use the red glass only because the camera goes blind without it and so do I. This is because I personally use a UV-lamp with 3000 mv/cm2 and 6000 mv/cm2. I have also tried just a regular UV-pen, shows red Flurescence then as well.

The reason I wondered about red fluorescence is because I've been reading all over internet that RED Fluorescence will do nothing but enhance its value quite a lot. And also diamonds with red fluorescence is collector items only, and that Red Diamond collectors very very often collects diamonds with Red Fluorescence as well - because it's so rare. I've never ever seen this type of fluorescence before, so I dont know.

The problem is that I cant find any exact information about how much it would affect the value and no explanation of why they turn red in color.

About fluorescence in general, GIA posted a report online stating that fluorescence will not affect a diamonds value in any way (when the fluorescence is faint at least). But I know many people is stearing away from diamonds with fluorescent because it can make a diamond look more yellow, dull, faint etc.

I also wonder about Orange Fluorescence in white diamond (D-H color).
I had never seen this before either, untill I purchased 2 H colored diamonds x 0.65 carat each from Pakistan.
One of them is Medium Orange, but the other one is Vivid Orange.
I read somewhere that it's because it's missing 2 carbon-atoms or something, so the fluorescence gets up in a "wrong" color. But I cant really find any good information or a decent answer on this one either

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
STOJA001|1318593447|3040125 said:
Thank you for your response!

Yes, but as far as I know - a Ruby from example Mozambique is NOT the same as a Tanzanian Ruby at all.
I've seen a lot of different Ruby's - when comparing a Mozambique Ruby to a Tanzanian Ruby - it's like day and night in sparkle etc.

They are very similar..as Vincent states
"Generally speaking, the visual appearance of Niassa rubies is reminiscent of Thai‐Cambodian gems and of other iron rich rubies from East Africa; like those from Winza and Umba in Tanzania, from Baringo and Simba in Kenya, and from Madagascar and Malawi"

More of the mozambique stones tend to be less transparent and darker but thats on an overall basis...youi can't compare your one stone to all mozambique stones in general. Provence only matters in overall terms except when gcertain properties come into play like low iron in burmese rubies. They are similar as well....in the fact that many parcels of winza rubies are mixed with mozambique rubies.

"Take a AAAAA Burma Ruby, AAAAA Winza Ruby, and a AAAAA Mozambique Ruby (no matter the color).
Line them up next to each other and I'm pretty sure you'd see the difference between them.
I've seen a lot of Winza Ruby's with excellent brilliance, sparkle and glittering, but I have never ever seen this in a Mozambique Ruby."[endquote]

There are tanzanian rubies that will/do kick the butt off most burmese rubies and the same is true for Mozam material and vice versa.
You probably have only been seeing junk mozam rubies. Remember color is king..a really silky mozam ruby with good red color would fetch more than a ruby from tanzania with good "crystal" and some slight secondary color. Color is king...clarity takes a back seat to color.

This picture is of some very nice mozambique rubies..look how red the color is with not to much secondary. The ones towards the back are pinker but also the one on the far right in the front row..the oval... "pinks" a good bit. That one is from Winza Tanzania the rest from mozambique

-000.jpg

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
amethystguy|1318818867|3041770 said:
STOJA001|1318593447|3040125 said:
Thank you for your response!

Yes, but as far as I know - a Ruby from example Mozambique is NOT the same as a Tanzanian Ruby at all.
I've seen a lot of different Ruby's - when comparing a Mozambique Ruby to a Tanzanian Ruby - it's like day and night in sparkle etc.

They are very similar..as Vincent states
"Generally speaking, the visual appearance of Niassa rubies is reminiscent of Thai‐Cambodian gems and of other iron rich rubies from East Africa; like those from Winza and Umba in Tanzania, from Baringo and Simba in Kenya, and from Madagascar and Malawi"

More of the mozambique stones tend to be less transparent and darker but thats on an overall basis...youi can't compare your one stone to all mozambique stones in general. Provence only matters in overall terms except when gcertain properties come into play like low iron in burmese rubies. They are similar as well....in the fact that many parcels of winza rubies are mixed with mozambique rubies.

"Take a AAAAA Burma Ruby, AAAAA Winza Ruby, and a AAAAA Mozambique Ruby (no matter the color).
Line them up next to each other and I'm pretty sure you'd see the difference between them.
I've seen a lot of Winza Ruby's with excellent brilliance, sparkle and glittering, but I have never ever seen this in a Mozambique Ruby."[endquote]

There are tanzanian rubies that will/do kick the butt off most burmese rubies and the same is true for Mozam material and vice versa.
You probably have only been seeing junk mozam rubies. Remember color is king..a really silky mozam ruby with good red color would fetch more than a ruby from tanzania with good "crystal" and some slight secondary color. Color is king...clarity takes a back seat to color.

This picture is of some very nice mozambique rubies..look how red the color is with not to much secondary. The ones towards the back are pinker but also the one on the far right in the front row..the oval... "pinks" a good bit. That one is from Winza Tanzania the rest from mozambique

Thanks for your reply!

No, probably all minds bring good Ruby's I suppose...
I have just never seen a "flawless" Mozambique Ruby ever, but I've seen quite many good Tanzania Ruby's.
So I'm just speaking out from what I've seen my self :)

The Ruby I'm speaking about here is the 3.34 carat, it has a Purplish undertone - but I can only see it in very strong sunlight and/or fluorescent light (not UV). The Ruby is not "cracked" as it looks like a lot in the pictures, it's natural "silks" only - at least when seen thru a 60x loupe. Under incandiscent light and in mid-afternoon it's pigeon in color as well - truly red.

Under UV at 6000 mv/cm2 it turn deep pigeon blood-red - under 3000 mv/cm2 it's glowing orange-pink.
It's fluorescence of course, but I dont know why it reacting different to the mv/cm2??? Any ideas?

As I heard, AGL is best identifying gemstones - so I will order a AGL Report for it.
I will scan this document and post it here when it's back some time in November I suppose.

Under incandiscent light it's looking very similar in color to pear (in your picture) to the right.
I really like the color of the 2 pear cut you got there :)

Please take a look at this link - maybe you got an answer for me;
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yellow-sapphires-and-their-value-conflicting-minds.167070/#post-3041706#p3041706']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yellow-sapphires-and-their-value-conflicting-minds.167070/#post-3041706#p3041706[/URL]

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
It's nice to actually see someone that will send their stones to AGL and post the resilts. God bless you :))
Like I said before on another thread..many times you get folks that just pop in and say this or say that and then you never hear from them again. Glad to see you seem to be here for the long haul. I can't wait to see the report! That sure is a fine looking stone you have any way you look at it :))
I wish we could do video on here so we could see some of the sparkle or your stone...as well as everyonbe else's stones.
Thanks for posting.

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
amethystguy|1318821488|3041788 said:
It's nice to actually see someone that will send their stones to AGL and post the resilts. God bless you :))
Like I said before on another thread..many times you get folks that just pop in and say this or say that and then you never hear from them again. Glad to see you seem to be here for the long haul. I can't wait to see the report! That sure is a fine looking stone you have any way you look at it :))
I wish we could do video on here so we could see some of the sparkle or your stone...as well as everyonbe else's stones.
Thanks for posting.

Yes, I would prefer to get the results from a good Certifier as AGL.
If the Ruby turn out to not be good, so be it - at least it's honest :)

Listing/linking to video's is not allowed here at PriceScope.
I tried to link a video of my Chameleon's with Red Fluorescence - but Ella at PriceScope removed it...

My 2.11 carat Chameleon - Yellowish-Green to Reddish-Orange with Red Fluorescence :)

m1309_002a.JPG

m1309_002b.JPG

DSCF0428.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Also keep in mind that using the term "pigeon blood" denotes a one in like.... 50 million stone. It's as rare as it gets. Some of the biggest and most famous ruby/gem dealers in the world have only ever seen a real pigeon blood ruby maybe a couple times in their life. It's usage is tossed around to much and is used in big broad sweeping terms by dealers trying to make an extra buck or by the uninformed consumer/buyers. Maybe this quote will help you see exactly what the true term "pigeon blood ruby" denotes....from Richard Wise's

"Asking to see the Pigeon's blood[ruby] is
like asking to see the face of God"

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
amethystguy|1318821973|3041792 said:
Also keep in mind that using the term "pigeon blood" denotes a one in like.... 50 million stone. It's as rare as it gets. Some of the biggest and most famous ruby/gem dealers in the world have only ever seen a real pigeon blood ruby maybe a couple times in their life. It's usage is tossed around to much and is used in big broad sweeping terms by dealers trying to make an extra buck or by the uninformed consumer/buyers. Maybe this quote will help you see exactly what the true term "pigeon blood ruby" denotes....from Richard Wise's

I understand :)

Please take a look at this link - maybe you got an answer for me;
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yellow-sapphires-and-their-value-conflicting-minds.167070/#post-3041706#p3041706']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yellow-sapphires-and-their-value-conflicting-minds.167070/#post-3041706#p3041706[/URL]

The picture attached is not of my Ruby but has exactly same color under incandiscent light.
I will take new pictures of all my Ruby's, but I have to buy a new digital microscope again first.

robinsons-ring-copy1.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
amethystguy|1318821973|3041792 said:

Just to add to that, in 1985, a guy named J.B.Nelson procured a specimen of fresh pigeon’s blood from London Zoo and subjected it to scientific colour analysis and determined that it was far from the hue of a quality ruby.

Personally I feel that terms like 'cornflower blue' and 'pigeon's blood red' should be avoided. Whenever I see them used to sell stones, I immediately assume that the vendor doesn't really know his stuff.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Those are all your stones?
Very nice. Thanks for the pics

STOJA001

Shiny_Rock
Trade
amethystguy|1318874913|3042082 said:
Those are all your stones?
Very nice. Thanks for the pics

Thank you! :)

Yes, that's just some of my stones, I got more.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to chime in regarding selling these in Sweden. The market for people actually wanting and being willing to pay extra for unheated stones with reports, etc. is tiny. In fact this year I have only seen one ruby with a report. You regularly see diamonds with reports (even GIA) that sell for the same as diamonds without reports. So yeah most consumers here don't really have a clue regarding this kind of stuff.

Send an email off to Bukowskis, they can usually give you a rough idea over email. Although they usually don't sell lose stones but will make exceptions. I seriously doubt you will be able to get that type of money over here. An example of what we usually see, although no papers and no comment regarding treatment (aca. the usual) is this one, 3.70 ct already set and it did not sell at a price under $5000. http://www.bukowskis.com/auctions/S198/214-ring-oval-fasettslipad-rubin-ca-3-70-ct-samt-6-briljantslipade-diamanter-tot-ca-1-ct?q=ruby

If you want to sell in Sweden I would check with WA Bolin, they usually handle a wider selection than Bukowskis with some more high ticket items. Apart from auctions they are also Court jeweler so should have a better idea regarding the market for that type of ruby. You could also check with Kaplans. These three all have auctions in the fall and spring.

A question, who do you use for settings in Sweden? Looking to reset my engagement ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results