shape
carat
color
clarity

1.56 G Si1 - Does this look good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 9:41:37 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Date: 2/11/2005 9:15
6.gif
3 PM

Author: Mara

mmm very yummy! i love it!

you should put the diamond on HOLD before posting them on here...otherwise you never know who might snap them up while you are still considering!? 
32.gif
hehehe.

*heh*

I actually emailed Jon to put the diamond on hold for me after strm ''outed'' the stone as a GOG stone.

31.gif

Id say that 90% of the people who have been here a while knew it was a gog stone without me saying anything.
Those images have his signature written all over them :}

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
thanks josh - I have emailed Jon with all my questions but as i''m in Melbourne, Australia, I''ll have to wait till tmr morning before i get a reply!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 11:48:12 PM
Author: strmrdr

Id say that 90% of the people who have been here a while knew it was a gog stone without me saying anything.
Okok so I need an excuse to put the stone on hold
41.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 11:57:58 PM
Date: 2/11/2005 11:48:12 PM

Author: strmrdr

Okok so I need an excuse to put the stone on hold
41.gif

hehehe its a good thing to do.
I just wasnt willing to take all the blame errr credit for it :}

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Well I love love love this stone anyway - just need some *expert* opinions on it.

Hey does anyone know if a levy is still payable now that Australia has a new free-trade agreement with the US?

Edited to add: I know there is no levy on loose stones, but there used to be on mounted jewelry.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JadeLeaves

GOG has a few other 1.5 ct in this price range,maybe you should ask Jon to compare this stone to the other one''s he have in stock.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 12:15
6.gif
7 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
JadeLeaves

GOG has a few other 1.5 ct in this price range,maybe you should ask Jon to compare this stone to the other one''s he have in stock.
G Si1 is the sweet spot for me
9.gif

the only other one i saw was a K VVS1?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
6.gif
7 AM
JadeLeaves

GOG has a few other 1.5 ct in this price range,maybe you should ask Jon to compare this stone to the other one's he have in stock.
Jade:

All it takes to put a stone on hold is to let the vendor know your interested. Jonathan is really accomodating when it comes to this.

My Opinion:

The stone looks to be beautiful. The GIA plot along with the enhanced pictures show that there are several tinier inclusions spread out around the perimeter of the stone. I think your going to be really hard pressed to see these even upon close examination because of the nature and location of the inclusions. This is an ideal si-1 you selected because the inclusions are faint/white and spread out.

The optical symmetry looks good through the Hearts and arrows viewer and i don't like to focus too intently on the numbers but a smaller table is going to provide you with more fire vs. stones cut with a larger table and 55% table is also appealing to me.

If you get Jonathan to work with you a little a j-k/si1 will put you in the 2 carat range
36.gif
Personally I like no lower than J in a well cut stone. This stone seems to display some nice optical symmetry and by the pictures shown should be a real good performer.

It seems you have a very nice stone to consider, let us know what you go with.
36.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Josh
35.gif

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am just not comfortable going lower than H if I can''t see the stone for myself before purchasing it as color sensitivity varies from person to person. I defnitely want a stone that faces up very white, and even though there are some amazing J stones here, I think H will be the limit to my absolute comfort zone. Hey, you''ll never know though, before I found PS a year ago, I would only go for at least F VS2
2.gif

That said, if Jon comes up with a H or even I which HE says has no visible difference to a G, I *might* consider it, given the level of trust I have in Jon as a vendor.

I saw this stone a couple of wks ago when it was in the new stones being scanned page and I kept going back to it even during my search for a 1.5-2ct asscher. I even got Jon to call in some asschers for me but as luck will have it, the stones I liked weren''t available anymore. Hence the change of mind, plus the fact that i might not be able to trade the asscher up for a bigger stone for the same deal that Jon does for H&A RBs bought from GOG. My rationale is that I can always trade this up for a bigger asscher when it''s within our means
31.gif

I''ll be sure to post an update when I get a reply on some of my qns to Jon!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2005 12:46:24 AM

6.gif
7 AM
JadeLeaves

G Si1 is the sweet spot for me
9.gif

the only other one i saw was a K VVS1?
yeah..... the G SI 1 specs all in the sweet spot,did you ask Jon for a Isee2 scan? i bought a 3.34 ct H SI 1 from Jon that score a triple VH and it''s amazing.
30.gif
10.gif

p.s. the "K" looks very nice but 4 color grade lower,4 clarity grade higher.i guess the question is, what''s more important to you color or clarity?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well that''s great to hear and I wish you the best sweety
2.gif

Regina has a 1 carat H and a 1 carat D both H&A''s.
Very subtle difference face up.
6.gif

Maybe consider I with some Flour..to really stretch those Aussie Dollars..
21.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 2
6.gif
1:35 AM
yeah..... the G SI 1 specs all in the sweet spot,did you ask Jon for a Isee2 scan? i bought a 3.34 ct H SI 1 from Jon that score a triple VH and it''s amazing.
30.gif
10.gif

p.s. the ''K'' looks very nice but 4 color grade lower,4 clarity grade higher.i guess the question is, what''s more important to you color or clarity?
I *lust* after your 3.34ct H Si1 - since your wife doesn''t wear it often, you can send it to me!
9.gif
I can be your god-daughter!
41.gif

I will go for color over clarity any day! I''ve asked for the isee2 score - now waiting for Jon to wake up and answer my emails!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 2
6.gif
4:25 AM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut
Well that''s great to hear and I wish you the best sweety
2.gif

Regina has a 1 carat H and a 1 carat D both H&A''s.
Very subtle difference face up.
6.gif

Maybe consider I with some Flour..to really stretch those Aussie Dollars..
21.gif
thanks! Is there a discernible difference between Regina''s H & D? I''m asking because all my diamond bands are D-F color and if I''m going to wear the new ring together with the eternity bands, will the color difference be really noticeable IF i go for a lower color grade?
33.gif

Speaking abt aussie dollars, the exchange rate is *really* good at the moment!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jade

the G color (ex choice) sound more like your kind of stone and as far as the si1 clarity,i think you'll be alright because,i can't see any inclusions on my 3.34 ct without a loupe.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 8:27:23 PM
These are the 3 (setting) contenders at the moment!
Hm... nice, but half a carat more on the stone is nice too
31.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 8:57:58 AM
Author: valeria101
Hm... nice, but half a carat more on the stone is nice too
31.gif
4.gif
Baby steps
12.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the isee2 results!

So have I got a winner or not??
34.gif
33.gif

br156gsi1ic2.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2005 1:33:14 PM
I just got the isee2 results!

So have I got a winner or not??
34.gif
33.gif
On this machine... 9.8 is max and what you've got pretty darn rare. Sure you have got a winner
36.gif

Speaking of settings... WF made something like the first (the one with princess and pave clouds). Just in case.
Anyway, I just love the thing - mostly for being one solid carved piece, at least apparently.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You need to go for it!!!!! That looks like a beauty!!!
emteeth.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome
2.gif

I am leaning towards the style of the second setting but with a thinner band. Also, maybe a little bit *flatter* than the rounded look on the band.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Also, Jon has told me that the feather will not break the surface, is absolutely eyeclean and I can trade it up for an Asscher in future
36.gif

I think I''m doing it!
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jade
36.gif
36.gif

how long it takes to get to Aus ?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 2/12/2005 3:19
6.gif
7 PM
Jade
how long it takes to get to Aus ?
Hmm if nothing goes wrong I *should* get the stone by the end of the week or early next week. I think GOG is shut Sunday & Monday, so it may take a couple more days because of the time difference and all that.

In the meantime, Jon has sent me this pic to tide me over the wkend
10.gif

IMG_7461.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo La La
3.gif
26.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a winner to me!!
3.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
The stone looks beautiful, and so do the settings....hope you like the stone and everything works out for you!!!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results