shape
carat
color
clarity

1.56 G Si1 - Does this look good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
It *might* be upgrade time already
11.gif

Any input on this stone will be muchly appreciated!

JLRBcollage.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - I was planning to get an asscher in between 1.5-2ct, but maybe this will be a better buy?

This stone is a 1.56 G Si1 H&A RB and the inclusions at to the side of the stone which can be pronged.

Should I?? It''s a bit over 12k... *Hmmm*

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
its its its sooooooooo round
hehehehe
Its a very very nice diamond. But its sooooo round.
Since its a GOG diamond im going to assume that none of the feathers break the surface but ask to make sure.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 4:45:28 PM
Author: strmrdr
...Since its a GOG diamond im going to assume that none of the feathers break the surface but ask to make sure.
Pssttt!!

Shhhh!!

Lol. Is it THAT obvious that it''s a GOG stone
2.gif
Now someone is going to buy it before I make up my mind!
31.gif

Are those feathers?? It doesnt look like feathers on the inclusion chart?
33.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh and strmrdr - this gives my hubby more time to save up for a 3ct Asscher?
12.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that on GOG website...if I were in the market, I would definitely be interested in that one!!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ok - I was planning to get an asscher in between 1.5-2ct, but maybe this will be a better buy?

This stone is a 1.56 G Si1 H&A RB and the inclusions at to the side of the stone which can be pronged.

With all things considered fancy cut diamonds have a unique look about them and should not be ruled out. There a many fancy cut diamonds that have a visual appeal of their own and a fine "make" really brings out the beauty in these stones. For the premium you are paying for a H&A stone you can typically get a larger Fancy cut.

My 2 cents...
35.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 4:56:53 PM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut

With all things considered fancy cut diamonds have a unique look about them and should not be ruled out. There a many fancy cut diamonds that have a visual appeal of their own and a fine 'make' really brings out the beauty in these stones. For the premium you are paying for a H&A stone you can typically get a larger Fancy cut.
My 2 cents...
35.gif
I was looking at a 1.61 H VS2 (Asscher) but it turned out that it wasn't available
8.gif

I love the asscher, but want more spread as well
9.gif
A 3 ct asscher is not within my budget at the moment [$$)]
31.gif

kalgal

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the dumb question..what is a GOG stone??

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
GOG = Good Old Gold

A very reputable PS vendor whom I''ve dealt with and purchased stones from.

kalgal

Rough_Rock
thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
www.goodoldgold.com
Is his website address.

In the lower inclusion photo above the top red arrow and closest to the edge is the feather I was talking about.
Most of the rest look like crystals.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
upgrade time eh? nice!!!
2.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
This is the sarin info.

Strm, I have emailed Jon abt the inclusions and am waiting to hear back from him.

BR1560GSI1-SARIN.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Jade Leaves,, one (of many) things I like about this one is the med,med, med girdle........Thin ones scare me!!!!!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
HCA Score:

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1 - Excellent
within TIC range

bling

Shiny_Rock
ooh..i saw this one too, and wondered how it was on GOGs site for so long. i thought someone would have snatched this baby up in no time. if i were in the market for an upgrade, this would have been my choice.. hurry and get it before i do! hahaha.. its lovely! any news on what the isee2 is on this baby?
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 4:40:49 PM
Author: JadeLeaves

looks like a very nice SI 1 stone and the inclusions are white.give Jon a call see what he thinks about the stone.one thing about rb''s they will always be in style even 100 yrs from now.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Jade, I saw that one online a few days ago. It looks stunning based on the information availabe! If was in the market for a 1.5 that would be high on the list. :) Best of luck. Keep in mind....I''m a novice just trying to read up before we purchase. :)

(Actually got into it with a B&M that I thought I would give a try. *Salesman* was rather annoyed that I was rejecting stones that don''t have proportions that produce....too deep based on table, etc. Thank you PS!!! I truly can''t express how grateful I am for this forum).

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
It''s looking better all the time!!!!
emsmilep.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 7:22:27 PM
Author: bling
...any news on what the isee2 is on this baby?
36.gif
There is no isee2 score available on the site - will get Jon to email me!

I have put a hold on this stone
9.gif
Get in line
31.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 7:24:11 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
looks like a very nice SI 1 stone and the inclusions are white.give Jon a call see what he thinks about the stone.one thing about rb''s they will always be in style even 100 yrs from now.
My sentiments exactly
1.gif

I think GOG has an ''upgrade'' policy that might allow me to trade this in for an asscher in the future
2.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
So....what kind of setting????????
emquestion.gif
face23.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
These are the 3 contenders at the moment!

JLShortlistSettingsRB.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 7:43:11 PM

Date: 2/11/2005 7:24:11 PM
My sentiments exactly
1.gif

I think GOG has an ''upgrade'' policy that might allow me to trade this in for an asscher in the future
2.gif
JL
i know Jon will give you full credit for his h&a rb''s towards "upgrade" but i don''t know about asscher, would he give you full credit for an asscher towards a future upgrade ?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 8:27:36 PM
JL
i know Jon will give you full credit for his h&a rb''s towards ''upgrade'' but i don''t know about asscher, would he give you full credit for an asscher towards a future upgrade ?
I think I''ll be able to trade the RB H&A up for an asscher, but if I get an asscher now I won''t be able to trade it up.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2005 8:33:25 PM

JL
i know Jon will give you full credit for his h&a rb''s towards ''upgrade'' but i don''t know about asscher, would he give you full credit for an asscher towards a future upgrade ?
I think I''ll be able to trade the RB H&A up for an asscher, but if I get an asscher now I won''t be able to trade it up.
that''s what i thought.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm very yummy! i love it!

you should put the diamond on HOLD before posting them on here...otherwise you never know who might snap them up while you are still considering!?
32.gif
hehehe.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 9:15
6.gif
3 PM
Author: Mara
mmm very yummy! i love it!

you should put the diamond on HOLD before posting them on here...otherwise you never know who might snap them up while you are still considering!?
32.gif
hehehe.
*heh*

I actually emailed Jon to put the diamond on hold for me after strm "outed" the stone as a GOG stone.

31.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/11/2005 8:33:25 PM

JL
I would clarify this with Jonathan...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results