shape
carat
color
clarity

1.47 ctw OEC studs

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

I was perusing PS the other day and I realized I never posted my studs and it's been 10 months! Oops! I got lots of help from all of you while deciding size, type of stone etc. so I feel it's only fair to post the finished product. I never did reset them in YG bezels because I've been enjoying them as is. Although I have to say I am already thinking about an upgrade. Definitely think I can go bigger!

They are .74 EGL H SI3 and .73 EGL G SI1...each about 5.7mm. They are so white compared to what I'm used to! I almost find them a little TOO white (meaning blue/white instead of soft white) in stark contrast to my coloring. A yellow gold bezel would fix that I think, but thinking of upgrade so maybe bigger size, lower color...

Here are the posts about my process:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-or-mrb-studs.205638/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-the-longest-stud-quest-on-ps.205908/

On to pics...

Loose stones
20140912_141952.jpg
20140912_145311.jpg

Playing with my OEC...3 stone??
with_1_0.jpg
with_1.jpg

Set in "temp" 6 prong 14k WG from OWD...
2014-09-20_10.jpg
2014-09-26_17.jpg
2014-09-26_17_0.jpg

On ears...dang it's hard to take ear shots!!! Think I can go bigger, no?
ear_shot_1.jpg
ear_shot2.jpg
ear_shot_3.jpg

On my 8 year old! Now THAT is the ear coverage I want!! :lol:
2014-09-26_17_1.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
They are awesome! Where did you get the diamonds and the setting? :love: :love: :love:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
lilysweet|1437063183|3903594 said:
They are awesome! Where did you get the diamonds and the setting? :love: :love: :love:

Ha ha!!! That's what happens when you try to post something quickly with a 4 year old on your lap...you forget stuff. The stones are from OWD and Adam's bench set them for me.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
They are so pretty, love classic diamond studs. And I love that ring of yours!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those studs are so pretty and look perfect on the ear. You have lovely hair as well and of course your e-ring is totally awesome!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous studs!!! They have an amazing sparkle and look stunning in yours ears.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think they look perfect on you! I just got a similar sized pair and they do not look that good by a long shot!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous :love: . They look great on you (and your 8 year old, lol!). I don't want to be a bad influence, but I can see you in some 1 carats :naughty: .

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Love your hair too ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous and look great on you! :love: (But of course you can go larger! :naughty: Upgrade policies are wonderful!)

Love seeing your beautiful ring, too! :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings! :love: So glad you posted them. They look fabulous on you! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh they're such pretty stones Val!!

The faceting is beautiful ::) I can't believe I'm saying this, but... Studs and killer solitaire beats three stone! :bigsmile:

It's been ten months - are you considering keeping them? Have your feelings on the whiteness changed at all since you first got them?

ETA: you have unfairly pretty hair. Just felt like I should mention that. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these on you Valmanin and I think they are perfect just the way they are. Great size and I love the setting too. So beautiful! :love: Sophisticated and blingy. A great combination. :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous.. really beautiful!

:appl: :appl:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Your new studs are beautiful and look great on you!! And your e-ring: :love: no words!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous stones and earrings!!!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, love these! They are so perfect and look fantastic on you!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your earrings are gorgeous and you have a stunning ring as well!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous studs! They look absolutely perfect on you! :appl:
:love: :love: :love:

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Those are breathtaking and so is your ring! I love the way they're set.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Thank you ladies!!! I appreciate all the kind words on the studs AND my e-ring. I do still love it a year and a half later, but jumping on PS again makes you start thinking...and not in a good way... :lol:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...and thanks for the compliments on my hair! I think it must have been a good hair day or good lighting or something, but I'll take it!!! :bigsmile:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1437111090|3903974 said:

The faceting is beautiful ::) I can't believe I'm saying this, but... Studs and killer solitaire beats three stone! :bigsmile:

It's been ten months - are you considering keeping them? Have your feelings on the whiteness changed at all since you first got them?

ETA: you have unfairly pretty hair. Just felt like I should mention that. :bigsmile:

Yssie, I hold you completely responsible for:

1. My lust for a 3 stone. I LOVE my setting and the simplicity of a solitaire. I feel like I can get away with wearing a 3.55 ct. diamond since it's presented so simply. My favorite clothing/dressing/fashion mantra is "carefully chosen, carelessly worn." I feel like a solitaire gives me that "feel"!!! BUT, my crush on a 3 stone, along with a lovely, delicate halo (VC, SK style), is always lurking... :Up_to_something: lurking...

I may give in some day!

2. Stud DSS! When I first saw the picture I took of my daughter (last pic on page) with my studs on, I thought "ooooh! That looks like the perfect size. Huh...that reminds me of something...what is it????" Then I remembered...it's the close-up of Yssie in her 2.5 cttw (I think that was the size) OEC studs!!! THAT is what I need! So, forgive me if I must look away when you get those honkers in your ears. I don't think I can handle it! :lol:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1437111090|3903974 said:

Ack! I got off on such a tangent, I forgot to answer the question. I go back and forth on keeping them and upgrading. I am feeling kinda lazy...not super inspired to upgrade ATM. BUT, I am going to NYC in a few weeks and that could change everything!

I am probably one of the few people that prefers a more off-white diamond. I think my sweet spot is J, honestly. So, no, my feelings on the whiteness haven't changed. I adore looking at them because they are so beautifully white, but I don't think they complement my complexion at that color grade. I think setting them in YG would probably do the trick...adding just a bit of golden glow. But, again, feeling lazy.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Nice!

Upgrade at next big anniversary???

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Val, your blond hair is as pretty as your diamonds.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
gregchang35|1437315017|3904773 said:
Beautiful. Nice!

Upgrade at next big anniversary???

Or maybe sooner. :Up_to_something:

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
AnnaH|1437339823|3904940 said:
Val, your blond hair is as pretty as your diamonds.

Anna, thank you so much!!! I have to say it must be a picture thing...good lighting or something. It's not like I walk around getting stopped for my hair or anything. That said, I'll take the lovely compliment! :D

BTW, I need to know more about the cross in your avatar?!? No thread on it? It looks gorgeous! :love:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. No thread on it. It's an antique I picked up last year from eBay, Mel's.
More recently purchased oec studs from Adam, too. Haven't done a thread on those either, but very happy with them.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they are stunning!! :love: So bright and sparkly and I think they are a lovely size on your ear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results