shape
carat
color
clarity

1.20 carat round Ideal I Si1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless he really needs your help, I would be inclined to let them get on with it. Maybe she would realise the principle of the wasted carat weight for example with two 200 pound men, one tall and thin and one short and fat, they both weigh the same but the weight is distributed differently, then she could see why another diamond would be a better buy, I suppose if she is really set on that diamond maybe she should have it even if it isn''t the best deal going.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2006 11:31:53 AM
Author: pinkflamingo
she doesn''t seem to understand that even though it has a larger carat weight, it will look the same size (diameter) as a well cut carat.
Yes, that is why I say I wouldn''t go with this one. If cut is not a concern of hers, why not look for a shallow diamond so that it will face up even bigger than it is?

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I think yor good intentions have gotten you into a difficult situation. Obviously , no one one here would agree that it is an Ideal cut, Also it is SI 2 rather than SI 1.

The depth and the thick girdle will make the ring appear smaller than than it is. But now, he is reluctant to buy the ring and she feels he wants to buy her a smaller stone so there is a problem between them. This is not a terribly expensive stone,and although not the great deal they thought it was, if she is happy with it why get involved?

The road to hell is paved with good itentions. If this is the stone she wants and it looks good to her, it may be more important for her to say she has a 1.20 ct stone even if it looks smaller that a one smaller one tihe a better spread and cut.The concern and good advice you gave them has caused dissension when it shold be one of the happiest times of ther lives.

At this point,I thnk you have no option but to back out and just let them get what they want. If they dont buy this stone because of your input, you would probably have to help them find a better stone for the price and she may alwys feel that because of our influence, she did not get what she wanted. Maybe, after your input, the vendor will know that they have access to some knowledge that they did not have before and show them the difference between this stone and a smaller one that looks larger.

I think you have gone above and beyond in giving your friend the best informatiion available and and now it is completely up tp them to decide what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results