shape
carat
color
clarity

A Dynamic Duo-Deco Emerald + Old Cut Diamond Rings

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
For the last several months I have been heavily involved in forcing helping my DS to apply to colleges. Per usual, shopping for old cuts has been my stress relief :geek2:

One Friday night I was trolling an online auction site and came across a ring that I was immediately smitten with. The listing was so new/real time that it had only one picture and no description. I couldn't hit the buy button fast enough. Unfortunately, the ring failed authentication due to the metal-as the seller listed the ring as white gold only (the ring face is platinum).

What should have been an easy transaction became a bit of a saga. The odd seller threatened several times to re-list the ring for a higher price, insisted that I call him, and he sent me a picture of himself :roll:. I had to jump through some hoops to get this ring! I prevailed and after a few weeks I successfully had the ring in my hands. It's a little smaller in scale than I imagined, but it's so pretty.

tempImagex3A7JM.png

The ring is approximately 1 ctw of diamonds and tapered french cut emeralds set in platinum with a white gold shank. The OECS are colorless and nicely cut. Currently, she's a pinky ring.

tempImageSfQsJn.jpg

As luck would have it, a couple weeks later I got the opportunity to acquire another emerald and old cut ring that I couldn't pass up. I have been shopping old cuts extensively for the last four years and I have never seen an Art Deco ring set in this style. The center carre cut is approximately .70 cuts. I guesstimate that the diamonds are at least 1.2 ctw. She is missing one emerald.

tempImageQ2Sb0j.jpg

tempImageu0deGM.jpg

tempImageeCVzoo.jpg

Thus, is the story of how my dynamic duo came into being! Also, emeralds happen to be my teen DD's birthstone. Ironically, she doesn't love green gems, but she did called dibs on the floral ring.

Thanks for reading along!

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous! The carre cut ring has stolen my heart.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
You have so many gorgeous pieces! Love this pop of green. It must be fun, and difficult, to decide which ones to wear! Enjoy!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and really unique! I love emeralds, and these are such a lovely color. Congratulations on acquiring these beautiful rings.

PS - I’m not sure his price point but Gary Roe (a really talented jewelry craftsman on Instagram) also restores antique rings, and he works closely with a gem cutter. So if you ever feel the need to fill-in the missing emerald you might contact him to see if he does such things.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
So happy they arrived safely! They are both beautiful, but that carre one ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely, lovely pair!! I am enamored with both :kiss2:

empliau

Shiny_Rock
They're totally stunning. I do love them both. Congratulations on amazing finds!

Beautiful and really unique! I love emeralds, and these are such a lovely color. Congratulations on acquiring these beautiful rings.

PS - I’m not sure his price point but Gary Roe (a really talented jewelry craftsman on Instagram) also restores antique rings, and he works closely with a gem cutter. So if you ever feel the need to fill-in the missing emerald you might contact him to see if he does such things.

What have you done to me...I checked out his Instagram and now I want everything. This is bad for the budget!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulu_ma!
What a gorgeous set of fraternal emerald and old cut diamond "twin" rings you have just "adopted!"
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the story about the seller being so difficult and sending you a pic of themselves.. But you persevered and all's well that ended well.
They are both truly lovely!!!!!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@lulu_ma You have the best finds! They are sooo well matched too, and utterly unique - like you say, never really seen anything like them before ❤️❤️❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous. So unique & lovely!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! The round one feels familiar to the compass style rings I have been studying lately. It seems it was a common theme in ring design. I love your iteration. The emerald “rays” are unique and special.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they are both so incredibly beautiful! You have the best antique finds, lulu_ma! :love:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING! I love that photo of the two of them together. Just gorgeous!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Those are fantastic!

I have the matching stickpin, the baby cousin to your beautiful rings. It says hi.

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg
Beautiful! Will you keep it as a pin or convert? It really does look like a match made in heaven with Lulu ‘s Carre.

Last edited:

glitterata

Ideal_Rock

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are so gorgeous! I am a convert to old pieces. I don't know if I will ever buy anything new again.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
You have so many gorgeous pieces! Love this pop of green. It must be fun, and difficult, to decide which ones to wear! Enjoy!
Thanks so much @RunningwithScissors-I can say the same for you !:D I have a lot (maybe too much) fun playing with my old cut collection.

@LightBright thank you and thanks for the referral. I will check GR out. I have a lead that is about 2 hours away. I may just drop off the Deco band later this month.

Those are fantastic!

I have the matching stickpin, the baby cousin to your beautiful rings. It says hi.

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

Oh gosh @glitterata- the pin is so lovely. It looks like it's from the same parure as my band!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both gorgeous antique finds! I can see why you were smitten with the floral ring and I am so glad you pursued it!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All purchasing stress aside--these pieces are stunning! I have no idea how you decide what to wear!

cheers--Sharon

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve these 2 pieces so much :love: :love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are both amazing! I can't even choose between the two!

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
I llooooooveee them too! When buying your vintage emeralds, how do you determine the treatment, or do you just assume they're heavily treated and accept that? This guy caught my eye - you could always make your collection triplets instead of twins!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are on a roll @lulu_ma ! They are both beautiful! That roundish one really is gorgeous though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results