carat
color
clarity

Window shopping for ruby?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,
My daughter is due in July so I'm browsing for a ruby ring/necklace. Budget under 3k ish.

Window shopping helps me forget rhe discomfort of being 31+ weeks pregnant haha.

Any enabling/looking for pretties is appreciated!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one I really like, but would need to find a mount for it:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another option

Not entirely confident this is authentic but I like the design:

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
These are for @lovedogs baby only!

This one has a terrible setting but hear me out, it's 2 ct for less than 2k. And you can sell the gold and it has diamonds. Ask him if it's unheated. If he thinks it is, I'd get it certified by Stephen Kennedy at The Gem & Pearl Lab; he's in the UK and he's great.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
These are for @lovedogs baby only!

This one has a terrible setting but hear me out, it's 2 ct for less than 2k. And you can sell the gold and it has diamonds. Ask him if it's unheated. If he thinks it is, I'd get it certified by Stephen Kennedy at The Gem & Pearl Lab; he's in the UK and he's great.

Link would be helpful too lol

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Link would be helpful too lol

Oooo both interesting!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From one July baby to another and the DD who was due in July but arrived early in June was nevertheless given Ruby as a middle name (couldn’t face Pearl as her middle name ha ha).

Dr_Diesel

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oooo both interesting!!

That 2ct cabochon looks astounding! If the stone is as red and clean as it looks, it would be an absolute STEAL, even if it were heated. The price is almost TGTBT and the "New Retail Replacement £4500" value is suspicious, IMO. A Burma ruby of that (apparent) quality would easily be worth 10x or more the price of the whole ring. I would definitely ask to have a lab certify it as a natural ruby, and you may want to ask for better pictures of the stone.

If it can be certified as natural and the quality is as good as the photos suggest, somebody here need to buy it...heck, at that price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

The conspicuous absence of any certification or mention of any treatments (or absence thereof) on a Burmese ruby of that size & quality gives me pause. These things are seldom overlooked or omitted by accident....but maybe it's just your lucky day!

Please let us know what you discover!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results