carat
color
clarity

Some (mostly precision cut) Colored Stones

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

I've had some stones for a looooong time and for almost as long, knew I wouldn't set them. But due to scammers, I'm such a reluctant seller that they've just been hanging around gathering dust. Finally screwing up my courage to sell - but I really only want to sell to PSers, so on LT, I'm writing somewhat blah descriptions and have considerably higher pricing, lol. I try to be fair in pricing, but will entertain PS offers if you email me. I have others, besides these I'm listing now. I'm, uh, how shall I say, limited in my tech/photographing abilities, so please don't expect too much!

So for now:

1. 2.14 ct Burmese Red Spinel, radiant/cushion cut with GIA lab report. This is the only one that is not precision cut and could stand a recut.

Spinel Closeup 2.jpeg RSCN4005.jpeg

2. Merelani mint garnets, precision cut – stunning examples. One is 1.75 ct round (7.3 x 4.6), and the other is a 2+ asscher/square step cut (6.95 x 4.85). Both are light to medium toned, with excellent color. Both have great cutting and polish, with very little extinction so are sparkly and reflective. The square step cut is like looking at a hall of mirrors. Mint on Case.jpg Round Mint on Hand.jpg Mint Merelani 1.jpg Merelani Mint Roger Inside on Hand.jpg

3. 3 Spessartite garnets, weighing from 1 – 3 cts, various gorgeous shades of orange, and various shapes (rounds, ovals). One is the coveted Loliondo type and mandarin/Sunkist color. All eye clean. (Selling individually, just lumping together here to describe them).

Spess Round Outside on Hand.jpg Spess Round Table Sun.jpg Lol Spess on Hand Shade Sun.JPG Loliondo Overcast hand.jpg

Okay, I will get listings up on LT by end of day, but the red spinel is up - ask for PS price: https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/red-spinel;48976

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, @minousbijoux! These are such lovely stones, in keeping with your excellent eye for same.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
So ummm... what's your view on shipping across the pond? :roll:

<edit> And to tempt you to say you're open to it I'll just mention that my husband just offered to buy me all five. :lol: For real, I'm drooling over that square mint garnet, and if you have anything in blue hidden away in that stash of yours, I'm dying to see it.

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Avondale: I used to include my email in my LT listings, but then I became a target for yucky, yucky spam. I propose you contact me via LT and we can talk offline - we can maybe figure something out that way...if you can let me know here if/when you've reached out via LT, I'll get back to you right away =)2

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I've got them all up on LT now. I think this link should go to my listings: https://loupetroop.com/users/mbijoux

Oh, and I'm serious about wanting them to go to good PS homes, so if I "know" you, they'll be discounted!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That step cut mint is to die for - so gorgeous! Roger Dery is an artist! what might a fair % off the posted price be? I love it!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Avondale: I used to include my email in my LT listings, but then I became a target for yucky, yucky spam. I propose you contact me via LT and we can talk offline - we can maybe figure something out that way...if you can let me know here if/when you've reached out via LT, I'll get back to you right away =)2

Sent you a message through LT. My account name there is the same as here. Since my LT registration email is the dedicated spam email, many things get filtered out as spam, including LT responses which is why I've given you my gmail directly.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay and Good Morning/Day to everyone! Thank you all for your contact via LT. Since there were multiple PSers interested in the mint garnet(s), I have replied to the first 3 PSers who reached out. For any others interested, I'll reach out if the others fall through. In the meantime, there are some great mandarin garnet and red spinel stones still available...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick update to say that both mint garnet stones are now available again, as are the others. I really thought someone would snap up the Burmese red spinel, as that one has a GIA lab report and is considerably discounted for PSers, but no one has even inquired! :lol-2: Ahh, well, I'll just keep on wrapping Christmas presents, I guess...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I have been remiss in updating this thread! The merelani mints have both been sold, and I must have seriously undersold the others in my descriptions for them to still be available.

I am honestly surprised that they have not sold, especially the red spinel. I am offering it to PSers at a considerably lower price than what its posted for, but the only inquiries/offers received so far have been, ironically, trade members. Go figure. Photos and links: Spinel Closeup 2.jpeg

Lol Spess on Hand Shade Sun.JPG

Spess Round Outside on Hand.jpg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I love the red spinel. My birthstone is ruby so I’m partial to red stones but the price on LT is out of my range.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not in the market - unfortunately
but if I were - I’d be super hesitant to reach out to you to find out if I qualified for you knowing me, to receive the PS discount you mention.
plus being embarrassed if it still wasn’t in my budget. For fear of becoming one of the offensive lowballers that get mentioned here time to time.

maybe state your lower price here if you still don’t want to lower the LT listing price?

Last edited:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d be super hesitant to reach out to you to find out if I qualified for you knowing me, to receive the PS discount you mention.
plus being embarrassed if it still wasn’t in my budget. For fear of becoming one of the offensive lowballers that get mentioned here time to time.
Wow, @Rfisher, (and @Jax172) of course I know you! I appreciate your thoughts, and this helps to know. Guess I hadn't thought it through. By a known PSer, I mean anyone whose PS name I recognize -- which would be anyone who has posted frequently and who didn't just join in the last few weeks (e.g., since the beginning of the year).

I swear I'm not trying to be cagey!! I have discovered that non-PSers clearly frequent the Preloved posts looking for the same deals as members - it just doesn't seem fair to PS members who've been looking for a while. I, like many others here, would love for the stones to stay in the PS family and want to know they'll be appreciated and not flipped. Unfortunately, this means I don't want to state the discounted price here for fear of being contacted by a non-member with a generic "I'm a PSer and I'd like to buy for the PS price," with no indication as to who they are on the Board.

So please contact me! I love getting to know PSers off the board, and am not fussed about which PSers contact me and why. I'm sorry if I come off as a difficult butthead, its just that I'm not a seller by nature and would rather keep the stones than deal with problems of the unknown...

HTH. If I'm way out of line, lmk!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, @Rfisher, (and @Jax172) of course I know you! I appreciate your thoughts, and this helps to know. Guess I hadn't thought it through. By a known PSer, I mean anyone whose PS name I recognize -- which would be anyone who has posted frequently and who didn't just join in the last few weeks (e.g., since the beginning of the year).

I swear I'm not trying to be cagey!! I have discovered that non-PSers clearly frequent the Preloved posts looking for the same deals as members - it just doesn't seem fair to PS members who've been looking for a while. I, like many others here, would love for the stones to stay in the PS family and want to know they'll be appreciated and not flipped. Unfortunately, this means I don't want to state the discounted price here for fear of being contacted by a non-member with a generic "I'm a PSer and I'd like to buy for the PS price," with no indication as to who they are on the Board.

So please contact me! I love getting to know PSers off the board, and am not fussed about which PSers contact me and why. I'm sorry if I come off as a difficult butthead, its just that I'm not a seller by nature and would rather keep the stones than deal with problems of the unknown...

HTH. If I'm way out of line, lmk!

Message has been sent!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sent you a message about the orange spess via Loupe Troop yesterday. Hope you got it!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@minousbijoux Sent you a message about the orange spess via Loupe Troop a couple of days ago. Hope you got it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results