shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking an Oval Diamond with Specific Pavilion Facets

slightlystoned

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I’m in the market for an oval diamond with a unique feature – specifically, one with either 6 or 8 pavilion facets, with one facet being on center. Additionally, I’m looking for the diamond to be 2.0 carats, eye clean, and colorless. My budget is around $20,000 - $30,000.

I’ve been doing some research but haven’t had much luck finding exactly what I’m looking for. Could anyone recommend reputable places or jewelers where I might find such a diamond within this budget? Any tips on what to look out for or specific questions to ask would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pay attention to the LxW because ovals vary widely at the same carat weight. If you want professional help, Jonathan at
Distinctive Gems can help. He can also do aset and idealscope images for you (to check on light return).

Hmmm...he used to have something on his website about it but I cant find it now.

Anyway, the above should be enough to get you going. If you like any of them we can take a further look at them. I did not look
at any numbers/girdles/inclusions. I only looked for the faceting pattern you are after.

slightlystoned

Rough_Rock
Thank you tyty333 these are some great finds.

Yes by colorless I am talking about DEF range.
From what I understand about LW ratio I should be looking for 1.3 - 1.5.

These three seem like they could work for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, the first two stones are the same stone. (most stones are virtual and listed on multiple sites)

Face up size they are relatively the same. The VVS is a little bit slimmer/longer. The VS2 stone has a higher
crown and a slightly smaller table than the VVS1 stone. (higher crown, smaller table usually preferred)
They both have a little bit of the ear muff effect going on at the N/S ends. It would be nice if you could get
an aset image of the two stones.

Relative visual size on size 6 finger
Screenshot 2024-05-17 185019.png

slightlystoned

Rough_Rock
I will reach out to James Allen and request aset images for both stones.

What are the ear muffs? I am not familiar with those.

Thank you again

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Great finds @tyty333 . Love that 2.02 F VS2.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ear muffs...they dont really bother me but some people have pointed them out in the past

Screenshot 2024-05-17 210601.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results