shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get some feedback on these claws pls?

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
I also can't see the prongs from the pears running down to the donuts. They seem to emerge from the prongs supporting the center stone. What's that all about?

To me that is a large part of the problem - they just stop where the basket ends. So weird! (I almost want to take the doubled prongs from your prior ring, and just have the outer ones turn into the prongs on the sidestones but perhaps you were deliberately moving away from that look of double prongs in the side view?)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me that is a large part of the problem - they just stop where the basket ends. So weird! (I almost want to take the doubled prongs from your prior ring, and just have the outer ones turn into the prongs on the sidestones but perhaps you were deliberately moving away from that look of double prongs in the side view?)

Nope. I like that look. It makes sense to me. That - or set them into grooves on the basket and do away with them altogether. But, again, that leads to a significant step down, which I'm trying to avoid. But this current look is...confusing?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a really helpful and satisfying conversation with Amy. We're re-casting.

We're going to drop the height of the head so it's more band-like, then set the tips of the pears into the band, rather than in prongs. I like that look - it's how Leon does it, and nobody does a better 'round with pears' than Leon.

We're also going to widen the basket to address the points Yssie brought up, and that will raise the edge of the basket, meaning we can set the pears with no inside prongs, while still maintaining the curve I want.

Prongs had already been reduced by the time I saw the ring, but the remaining 4 prongs will be smaller again in the next iteration.

And, lastly, I'm switching benches to someone I think will be able to give me a softer, rounder look.

Softy-curvy. Softy-curvy.

::)

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think this is going to be a really lovely ring when it is finished. I like the diamonds you've selected, and their proportion to one another. And a more softy-curvy setting will suit them brilliantly.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see the end result and the differences from the first round. I'm glad that you and Amy have come up with a design/solution that fits more to what you were hoping. Don't forget the photos, please!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies - I feel way better about it all after today. Amy is so soothing and accommodating, and DKJ *definitely* has benches who can do what I want. So I feel like I'm in good hands.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies - I feel way better about it all after today. Amy is so soothing and accommodating, and DKJ *definitely* has benches who can do what I want. So I feel like I'm in good hands.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you go about identifying the bench? I assume Amy knows.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't mind me asking, how do you go about identifying the bench? I assume Amy knows.

Yes, she does. I just said to her that I would like whichever bench did my first 3 stone, and she said she could arrange that. Every bench really does have their own aesthetic.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, she does. I just said to her that I would like whichever bench did my first 3 stone, and she said she could arrange that. Every bench really does have their own aesthetic.

Thank you! I probably need to call her next week. I’m stumbling through with what I want and I feel like a HuGE pest

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I probably need to call her next week. I’m stumbling through with what I want and I feel like a HuGE pest

I've done multiple CAds on both this ring and the diamond studs we're doing. I feel like she can't get me off her phone!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops: @mrs-b I thought this claw thread would be about artificial gel nails. :oops:

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results