shape
carat
color
clarity

Hand Engraved & Monogram Vendor Roundup/Ideas/Inspo

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I've been inspired by @mrs-b's fabulous engraved gold pendant and wanted advice/inspiration/vendors for similar pieces, as well as any tips for finding great hand engraving vendors. I believe this pendant was either made or engraved by DK, so that's always an option, but wanted to see what other options were out there.

Vendor roundup (so far):

Aurelia Demark - tons of engraving options, most $1k+; a variety of different circle styles (the 4 leaf clover is amazing)
1715166337562.png

Devon Woodhill - a variety of prices (under $1k up to $4k+ for large diamond lockets), variety of finishes (florentine, polished etc)

1715166447498.png

Julia Ballentine - $1.2k+ - LOOK AT THAT WORK! Gorgeous!
1715166783107.png

Singlestone - $2.9k+ - Gorgeous, expensive, tons of options $5k+ with diamonds and different shapes

SINGLE STONE FLORAL ENGRAVED ROUND DISC PENDANT featuring Handcrafted 18K yellow gold engravable round pendant with engraved floral design. Price includes monogrammed engraving of up to three letters in any of the styles shown above - please be sure to sp
https://www.singlestone.com/cdn/sho...-810b-4c8880ab0447.jpg?v=1647628475&width=800
Jamie Wolfe - The locket that launched a thousand ships (only $14k) - smaller version here.

1715167050951.png

Any other vendors I'm missing?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there, @Grymera!

My pendant shown above was hand engraved in Australia about 15 years ago. It's made from my husband's and my wedding rings and engagement ring after they broke or had other problems (I ultimately became allergic to the nickel in my wedding ring where the diamonds were set, for example). So we had them all melted down (nickel removed) and made new wedding rings and that pendant with the leftover gold. It's my "save in a fire" piece.

My suggestion for someone you're missing would be Monica Rich Kosann, but her prices are not for the faint of heart!

Her lockets are what inspired my lockets.

No engraving on this one, but just a reminder not to overlook enamel on lockets/pendants; a very classic look:

IMG_2448.jpg

The shape of this pendant was inspired by MRK - her lockets are sublime, in my opinion. The diamond placement here mimics the Southern Cross constellation - which one can see from the southern hemisphere and is on the Australian flag. A nod to my heritage. It's on a 30" 18kt chain, so the chain alone was a major commitment. I wear this locket a *lot*.

DKPV2021___09__09____81305____81305.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

This one is a pendant, not a locket, and is the heaviest piece I own, bar none. All engraving is machine done by DKJ. This is a memorial piece to my heart dog - the love of my life. I wear it rarely, because the emotions it evokes are so intense.

Dixon pendant.jpg

These 3 I tend to wear going out, but I have another pendant I wear most days, that I've never posted. I'll try to get some snaps today, if you like, and will post it here. It's just a solid gold heart, but much smaller than the one above, and engraved on the back - again, machine done.

I love pendants, and will be fascinated to see where you land!

:wavey:

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
My locket was hand engraved by Adam Amara who does things that are a lot more complex than just the simple monogram on mine. He used to be the hand engraver for Tiffany in Boston but I had my locket engraved after he began to work independently in Maine.

1715293857130.png

Edit:
I quickly scrolled through google photos with the search "locket" to find a photo of it on. The locket itself is sterling silver from Tiffany but this model has been discontinued. I wear it almost 100% of the time including to sleep which has made the engraving on the back less clear over the years but the front still looks good.

1715294952782.png

Last edited:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b I would love to see pics and thank you for sharing how you got your gorgeous pieces! I love Monica's work, however the price is definitely spendy.

@newtojewels - Thank you for the recommendation! That was exactly what I was looking for and I love your locket.

I'm thinking most likely I'll either find a pre-loved piece and have it sent for engraving, or I'll spring for one of the cherub charms from Temple St Clair. They do machine engraving on the back. But it would have to be in white gold. Decisions, decisions!

1715539450022.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results