shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Anyone Get Taylor Swift Tickets?

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I tried. Got through the queue and missed out about 15 times. Every time tickets came up and I clicked on them, “Another fan got them first” or something to that effect. It was just for me and my DIL and neither one of us is losing sleep over it. Just thought it would be fun.
Fun fact, Taylor grew up about 30 minutes away from here and went to a private elementary school with my neighbors kids.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do people use sniping software for Ticketmaster?
kinda like but not really the same as eBay auctions.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My colleague got a pair.

cheers--Sharon

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WE GOT LOWER BOWL FOR THE HOUSTON SHOW!!!!!!!!!

It only took me 1 hour and I was in shock the rest of the day after hearing all the problems. It was easy for me - must have been a lucky fluke.

And it's a very good thing because I think my daughters would have fallen into deep depression had I not been successful. They are Swifties. We are already planning our outfits lol!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yennyfire 7 hours, wow. I am so not a concert person—I am not really cut out for big crowds—so I have no idea what it’s like to try to get tickets to see someone so popular. You’re a very dedicated and super nice mom! Congrats!

I see there will be a senate hearing for Ticketmaster because of how things went with ticket sales last week. Interesting.

I saw her for free and was in the front row several years ago (she was with Keith Urban... not a fan, but I got dragged along). Her star has certainly risen, that's for sure!! I love TS.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was able to get 4 for the Pittsburgh show. I was online 4 hours.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@yennyfire 7 hours, wow. I am so not a concert person—I am not really cut out for big crowds—so I have no idea what it’s like to try to get tickets to see someone so popular. You’re a very dedicated and super nice mom! Congrats!

I see there will be a senate hearing for Ticketmaster because of how things went with ticket sales last week. Interesting.

Luckily, I have two laptops, so I was able to work all day while I waited. I’m not a concert person either, but this was my daughter’s only ask for Hanukkah, so I was determined!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reviving this thread because I just picked my daughter up from school and she giddily informed me that there were 3 Eras Tour dates announced for our nearest venue for 2024. I said ok, we get home, I hop online and WTF. Prices start at $2800?!

Am I doing something wrong here or is that just the price?

I don’t know how people afford to see her. This is insane. Can I afford it? Sure. Do it think it’s OBSCENE? Absolutely.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reviving this thread because I just picked my daughter up from school and she giddily informed me that there were 3 Eras Tour dates announced for our nearest venue for 2024. I said ok, we get home, I hop online and WTF. Prices start at $2800?!

Am I doing something wrong here or is that just the price?

I don’t know how people afford to see her. This is insane. Can I afford it? Sure. Do it think it’s OBSCENE? Absolutely.

Update! So I figured out after my initial panic that one of the websites that came up and showed the exhorbitant ticket prices was probably not legit. Upon further research, I found I needed to register at Ticketmaster and then I would allegedly receive an email August 8 saying whether I could proceed with the purchase of tickets or be placed on a waitlist.

That’s fine, better than having paid thousands and been scammed. But still! What are these tickets actually going to cost? Anyone have a ballpark figure? I don’t want to promise something to my kiddo that I don’t end up coming through with because I decide they’re just too much for my comfort level.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch Thank goodness you realized that site was likely not legit.
I think they’ll tix were about $600 when she played my tri-state area and coworkers took their daughters.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch Thank goodness you realized that site was likely not legit.
I think they’ll tix were about $600 when she played my tri-state area and coworkers took their daughters.

Thank you! That’s much more palatable!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My physical therapist got tickets. Well, she didn't. The ticket master site crashed and everything sold out and it was ugly. The father of a friend of hers got tickets for around $500 each so she and her friend got to go. Tickets were going for anywhere from a few hundred to a couple of thousand. The day of the show, someone said a number of floor seats were released at something like $400 each.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get them and they fixed the massive bot buying site crashing insanity!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No -- I don't think anyone did. So weird what with all the hype, too. :mrgreen2:

A niece in a very small market scored original face-value tickets for a regional big-city show 500 mi away.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My physical therapist got tickets. Well, she didn't. The ticket master site crashed and everything sold out and it was ugly. The father of a friend of hers got tickets for around $500 each so she and her friend got to go. Tickets were going for anywhere from a few hundred to a couple of thousand. The day of the show, someone said a number of floor seats were released at something like $400 each.

Good luck! I hope you are able to get them and they fixed the massive bot buying site crashing insanity!

I think there are some ongoing lawsuits with Ticketmaster about what happened. I remember it being a huge ordeal.

My daughter doesn’t have her heart set on going but I can tell it would mean the world to her. She’s in a group chat and all the kids are talking about it, so now there’s this added pressure, of course. (She doesn’t have a phone, she can use her iPad to text though and I can see everything.) She never asks for anything so I’d love to do this for her. Fingers crossed!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are some ongoing lawsuits with Ticketmaster about what happened. I remember it being a huge ordeal.

My daughter doesn’t have her heart set on going but I can tell it would mean the world to her. She’s in a group chat and all the kids are talking about it, so now there’s this added pressure, of course. (She doesn’t have a phone, she can use her iPad to text though and I can see everything.) She never asks for anything so I’d love to do this for her. Fingers crossed!

Awe, that would be so cool of you could get them! Maybe a surprise rather than telling her before you have them purchased. Just in case. Good luck!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got three!

They’re for her show in Liverpool (UK) next June. My hubby is taking number 1 daughter (who is obsessed & will be 15 then) & one of our nieces, equally obsessed & will be 18. They are both beyond excited. Also only paid face value direct from source, with no re-sellers.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not for me as I am not a fan.

And I thought queuing for 30min or so to get a Royal Ballet's The Nutcracker matinee ticket at the Royal Opera House in December 2023 when general booking opened at 09:00 a few days ago was bad enough!

Another item on my bucket list has been ticked off.

DK :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't believe much concert tickets cost these days.
I remember paying $7.50 to see Ozzy back in 1981! Tee hee!

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't believe much concert tickets cost these days.
I remember paying $7.50 to see Ozzy back in 1981! Tee hee!

I can’t even remember what tickets to various concerts have cost in the past. If I had to guess I’d say the most expensive was Sting at Wrigley Field in the oughties, and only because our seats were really close. They were still probably less than $100!

Do you still have your ticket stub from Ozzie?! Remember ticket stubs? Lol

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t even remember what tickets to various concerts have cost in the past. If I had to guess I’d say the most expensive was Sting at Wrigley Field in the oughties, and only because our seats were really close. They were still probably less than $100!

Do you still have your ticket stub from Ozzie?! Remember ticket stubs? Lol

I used to have a box full of stubs at one time, but I don't have them anymore.

Back in the early 80s, my sister and I went to see all the big rocks shows that came to our town. So much fun! I would scrape the money together somehow or save birthday money. Sister worked at a grocery store, so she had a little bit of spend money.
But now, I don't see how kids can afford concerts anymore.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to see her in April (Houston). Because she did so many shows in Texas, it was a bit easier to get tickets from ticketmaster. My two teenage daughters and I went, and I can say it was worth every single penny. I only paid $350 per tickrt for lower bowl (about 5 rows up from the floor on the 40 yard line!!!). We had amazing seats. I would have gladly paid a lot more if I needed to if I knew beforehand what a bad ass performance I would see. It was over 3 hours long. She didn't miss a beat. The costume changes, and special effects were breathtaking. I think I would have paid just to see the Reputation set! Everyone was so happy and it was incredibly refreshing to see that. Seeing strangers exchange friendship bracelets was so nice. There were tons of mothers with their daughters and some dads too. Taylor Swift has my total respect. I think she is an awesome role model. She stands up for herself while still showing some vulnerability. She seems real. Her business sense is spot on and she is very generous. Did you see that she gave over $55 million to her crew in bonuses? $100,000 to each truck driver. Lol, I must sound like an advertisement for her but I can't think of many young performers that have impressed me so much.

If you can get tickets (reasonably priced), then GO. And if you need someone to go with, consider me a Swiftie!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a box full of stubs at one time, but I don't have them anymore.

Back in the early 80s, my sister and I went to see all the big rocks shows that came to our town. So much fun! I would scrape the money together somehow or save birthday money. Sister worked at a grocery store, so she had a little bit of spend money.
But now, I don't see how kids can afford concerts anymore.

I saw Jimmy Buffett the summer after my senior year of high school and paid for it with my grocery store job money! No recollection of what tickets cost, but I made $5/hr so they couldn’t have been too steep. Lol

My niece wanted to go to Morgan Wallen last year. We looked up ticket prices and I was shocked then to see his we’re going for over $300 and not even good seats. She’s 15; she said “it’s fine, I have money, I can pay for mine.” Haaaahahahaha I was like who is this kid?! But she’s been saving every dollar she’s ever been given since she was little. She just hasn’t had to spend it yet. Idk how other kids afford anything, I don’t think my niece represents the majority.

I didn’t see big rock shows when I was young. I saw them on their many-eth later tours in small venues around 2010–Candlebox, Collective Soul, Black Crowes. I did see Bon Jovi at Soldier Field years ago but did I really? We were so far up in the nosebleeds I was just worried about falling instead of peering down at the stage a million miles away.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to see her in April (Houston). Because she did so many shows in Texas, it was a bit easier to get tickets from ticketmaster. My two teenage daughters and I went, and I can say it was worth every single penny. I only paid $350 per tickrt for lower bowl (about 5 rows up from the floor on the 40 yard line!!!). We had amazing seats. I would have gladly paid a lot more if I needed to if I knew beforehand what a bad ass performance I would see. It was over 3 hours long. She didn't miss a beat. The costume changes, and special effects were breathtaking. I think I would have paid just to see the Reputation set! Everyone was so happy and it was incredibly refreshing to see that. Seeing strangers exchange friendship bracelets was so nice. There were tons of mothers with their daughters and some dads too. Taylor Swift has my total respect. I think she is an awesome role model. She stands up for herself while still showing some vulnerability. She seems real. Her business sense is spot on and she is very generous. Did you see that she gave over $55 million to her crew in bonuses? $100,000 to each truck driver. Lol, I must sound like an advertisement for her but I can't think of many young performers that have impressed me so much.

If you can get tickets (reasonably priced), then GO. And if you need someone to go with, consider me a Swiftie!

Thank you for the info and review! I’ve been following her Instagram and seen a lot of Tiktoks from her tour so far, and it looks AMAZING. She is a pretty impressive woman, I must say. I appreciate what she’s done in music and am happy that my daughter is a fan. She seems like a good, genuine person.

Really really hope I can get tickets, I will absolutely get 4 if possible since it sounds like I’ll be able to swing that financially. Would be great to take my daughter and friends.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are able to get the tickets @monarch64. You’ll have a great time and will make a wonderful memory for the two of you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not for me as I am not a fan.

And I thought queuing for 30min or so to get a Royal Ballet's The Nutcracker matinee ticket at the Royal Opera House in December 2023 when general booking opened at 09:00 a few days ago was bad enough!

Another item on my bucket list has been ticked off.

DK :lol-2:

@dk168 you fascinate me! I love that you have this very wide range of interests and that you go out in your camper (sorry if I’m using the wrong word, that’s what we call an RV or pull-behind where I’m from) and live it up in the great outdoors, and then dress to the nines in your elegant attire and jewels. There are so many people on this site I’d love to meet someday and you are one of them.

I love the Nutcracker. To see the Royal Ballet perform it would be amazing. I love that you’re working on your bucket list. Your friend’s passing has saddened me and I’m so glad you’re inspired to live full force right now.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apologies for going off-topic in advance! :lol-2:

@monarch64 thank you for your kind words.

My live-for-the-present stance in life probably started when my late partner died suddenly of an accident in 2008, re-iterated recently by my mate's sudden death.

Few days before her death, we had a meal together, and I commented I might not live long enough to have all my better CSs set before I die! And then she left this earth before me! :cry2:

I shall have a managed exist when the time comes, that was decided a few years ago.

In the meantime, I shall enjoy myself as much as I could while I still have all my marbles and in reasonably good physical health to do so.

DK :))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son and his wife saw TS Friday night in LA. They said it would be worth 10x what they paid to do it again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results