shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone up for a challenge? Looking for a piece on a super budget.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
My birthday is coming up, and my husband told me the other day that he wanted to get me a nice piece of jewelry. He's never bought me diamonds before (we did a gemstone engagement ring), so he'd like to get me a diamond piece. However, he's completely clueless about diamonds - no clue about quality, cost, etc. so he asked if I could pick out some things I'd like for him to choose from.

His budget is about $800, which is fairly generous for us as far as gift go, but obviously doesn't take us too far in the diamond world. Would anyone be able to help me find some things that are still pretty, sparkly, and good quality within this budget? Some things I'm looking/hoping for:
  • I prefer natural-mined diamonds rather than lab-created diamonds.
  • I understand I'm not getting the biggest and best with this budget, but if possible, I'd still like to get something that is still good quality and has a presence. Essentially, I don't want to get something that has diamonds purely for the sake of getting something with diamonds.
  • With diamonds as small as we are likely looking at, I'm not sure how much this matters, but I am not color sensitive and really only need something to be eye-clean.
  • I'd like this to be an everyday piece.
  • Ideally, I'd like this to be something that goes with the jewelry I already wear everyday - diamond studs, a .25ct bezel set diamond necklace, a .70ct 7-station diamonds by the yard bracelet, e-ring with wedding band and diamond right-hand ring.
  • I'm primarily looking at bracelets but and also open to necklaces. I have diamond studs I wear everyday and rarely change out so earrings aren't top of mind, but I would consider it. Similarly, I have my standard rings I wear everyday and rarely deviate from, so I'm not really looking for rings/bands, but again, I'm open to considering it.
    • I'm drawn to the idea of a half-coverage tennis bracelet, but I'm not sure if that is possible at this price point given all the other points above?
Some items I'm considering - I welcome any thoughts on them and/or the company. (I've worked with Ivy and Rose, am familiar with Quince, and know Blue Nile has a good rep, but a quick Google search gives me mixed reviews of the others.)

I am VERY open to other ideas/retailers/suggestions. I appreciate any help/advice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results