shape
carat
color
clarity

Leakage in Table?

ayotamato

Rough_Rock
Forgive me these are my first attempts on taking ideal scope photos.
There is a pinkish halo in the table, does that mean there is significant leakage under the table? And why are the arrows grey instead of black?

And is the digging and painting severe?

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpeg
    IMG_0511.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0510.jpeg
    IMG_0510.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0509.jpeg
    IMG_0509.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Was it @0-0-0 who said that you need to judge the table in relation to the very center portion of the image? I think the back lighting has something to do with this, too.

I don’t think home grown ideal scope images show black necessarily.

@Garry H (Cut Nut) are you able to comment on these images? Since your trade, I know you may not be able to.

I think these look great, but I am a real newbie when it comes to ideal scope images.

ayotamato

Rough_Rock
Yes reading some more posts and I feel more like a newbie. Please help
@flyingpig
@Karl_K
Any thoughts on this?
Was it @0-0-0 who said that you need to judge the table in relation to the very center portion of the image? I think the back lighting has something to do with this, too.

I don’t think home grown ideal scope images show black necessarily.

@Garry H (Cut Nut) are you able to comment on these images? Since your trade, I know you may not be able to.

I think these look great, but I am a real newbie when it comes to ideal scope images.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The lightest part in the center becomes your reference for leakage, this compensates for different backlighting.
Grey arrows are usually light leakage at the top of the scope or an alignment issue.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You did a great job taking the pics and it passes the IS test with flying colors.

ayotamato

Rough_Rock
You did a great job taking the pics and it passes the IS test with flying colors.

Thank you!!
What do you think about the degree of digging/painting around the diamond?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think about the degree of digging/painting around the diamond?
Did you suspect painting/digging from your ideal scope image or the 360 video? Or did somebody tell you there was painting/digging?

I’m asking because I didn’t suspect much from the images you gave. Just trying to educate my eye if I missed something.

ayotamato

Rough_Rock
Did you suspect painting/digging from your ideal scope image or the 360 video? Or did somebody tell you there was painting/digging?

I’m asking because I didn’t suspect much from the images you gave. Just trying to educate my eye if I missed something.

I just read a post about someone’s diamond and saw this image as a reply and thought it looked like my diamond.

I heard that serious digging and painting could lead to watery scintillation (not sure what that means either)?

IMG_0513.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just read a post about someone’s diamond and saw this image as a reply and thought it looked like my diamond.

I heard that serious digging and painting could lead to watery scintillation (not sure what that means either)?

IMG_0513.jpeg

Whats funny is that pic totally misses the most significant cut issue and over states minor ones.
Your stone is fine.

ayotamato

Rough_Rock
Whats funny is that pic totally misses the most significant cut issue and over states minor ones.
Your stone is fine.

Thanks. I am curious as to what the significant cut issue is in the image above, is it pavilion twists?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

ayotamato

Rough_Rock
So I put my diamond on a bright yellow clip and the yellow kind of shows through the diamond. Is this leakage, and would that mean I shouldn’t set this diamond on a yellow gold setting?

IMG_0527.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpeg
    IMG_0525.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

mccsbobo

Rough_Rock
Pavillion twist is another one of those concepts I still don't fully understand! Are the yellow arrows pointing to how we would see pavilion twist in this image?

1715884305309.png

Also, why do we not care? Hahaha ;-)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can see pavilion twist in images as differences in patterns between the arrows not explained by tilt or lighting.
The differences can be black in IS the majority of the time or lighter areas some times, or both.
Regular pics and spin videos are much harder to see small amounts.
Some common spin vids setups will give a false twist reading face up but you can rotate it slightly back and forth and see there is little to none.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes to the yellow arrows.
The area at 3oclock has both black and light twist defects.

mccsbobo

Rough_Rock
Very interesting! I get it now! Thank you!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be reluctant to call twist from that photo. The resolution isn't good enough. To my eye, it looks fine in there.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd be reluctant to call twist from that photo. The resolution isn't good enough. To my eye, it looks fine in there.

I agree. If there is some its minor enough not to worry about unless its being billed as a top of the line H&A stone.
In that case it needs better images to prove that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results