shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Grown Round Help

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone
I have been on and off here for years and got a tremendous amount of help when I was looking to upgrade my Center Stone to an ACA and am so thankful for that.

Now, I am starting to plan for my next project. I am turning 50 soon and I would like to buy something for my right hand. In all truth, I would love to upgrade my ACA for a 2+CT center ACA but that would end up being over $10K with my Trade all in and we do not have that budget. So, I am going to get a Right Hand Ring instead.

I want something as large as possible with incredible sparkle and quality. With a budget about $4k-$5k max.

The 2 Options I am thinking about now are:

1) I always wanted a 6 prong round tiffany style solitaire, I believe the WF Valoria Petite Six Prong is close to this. I am considering getting a lab grown from WF around the 2ct+ range..............is WF the best place to get a LGD? If so, what am I putting in the search to get the best quality sparkle size?

2) I also always eye a chunky diamond ring perhaps one from David Yurman as they tend to be bigger.
If I am going this route, is there a better place to get rings like this besides DY?

Lastly, if you were me, had $4-5K to spend on a sparkly right hand stunner, what would you get? I don't want a chunky wedding band as it will over power my engagement ring so right hand has to be it. I would love to hear ideas from those much better at this then me!?

Thanks in advance everyone for sending me your thoughts. I have time to plan, research and save. Likely will make the purchase about a year out but i am a super planner. LOL

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone
I have been on and off here for years and got a tremendous amount of help when I was looking to upgrade my Center Stone to an ACA and am so thankful for that.

Now, I am starting to plan for my next project. I am turning 50 soon and I would like to buy something for my right hand. In all truth, I would love to upgrade my ACA for a 2+CT center ACA but that would end up being over $10K with my Trade all in and we do not have that budget. So, I am going to get a Right Hand Ring instead.

I want something as large as possible with incredible sparkle and quality. With a budget about $4k-$5k max.

The 2 Options I am thinking about now are:

1) I always wanted a 6 prong round tiffany style solitaire, I believe the WF Valoria Petite Six Prong is close to this. I am considering getting a lab grown from WF around the 2ct+ range..............is WF the best place to get a LGD? If so, what am I putting in the search to get the best quality sparkle size?

2) I also always eye a chunky diamond ring perhaps one from David Yurman as they tend to be bigger.
If I am going this route, is there a better place to get rings like this besides DY?

Lastly, if you were me, had $4-5K to spend on a sparkly right hand stunner, what would you get? I don't want a chunky wedding band as it will over power my engagement ring so right hand has to be it. I would love to hear ideas from those much better at this then me!?

Thanks in advance everyone for sending me your thoughts. I have time to plan, research and save. Likely will make the purchase about a year out but i am a super planner. LOL
For the LGD, you can get a really nice one for much cheaper than WF if you ask for recommendations from Loosegrowndiamond.com. I unfortunately am not skilled enough to make suggestions:) @Kim N or @DejaWiz can if you ask them.

For the bands, I do really like DY, but it's hard for me to recommend them, because they are so overpriced, and who knows if the diamonds will sparkle. For really cool bands, I recommend Sholdt or David Klass (who can make a lot of different styles). I recently bought a ring in this five-stone style from Sholdt, in platinum and using ACAs. It has great presence. https://www.sholdtdesign.com/product/5-stone-diamond-band/. Here are a few others I think look nice:
Diamonds by Lauren: https://diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/052ct-h-oec-diamond-ring-r10132
1715614629226.png 1715614932011.png 1715615178499.png
1715615470545.png 1715615470545.png

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure David Klass could custom make you something inspired from the DY photos.

If you're ok not getting a branded stone, you'll easily get a super sparkly 2ct+ solitaire. Take a look around at the 3-5ct beauties other PSers have been acquiring with the help of @Kim N and @DejaWiz!

Happy Upcoming birthday!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I'm sure David Klass could custom make you something inspired from the DY photos.

If you're ok not getting a branded stone, you'll easily get a super sparkly 2ct+ solitaire. Take a look around at the 3-5ct beauties other PSers have been acquiring with the help of @Kim N and @DejaWiz!

Happy Upcoming birthday!

@DejaWiz
@Kim N
can either of you help me find some options for stones? Also, any thoughts on if I should get a solitaire OR a chunkier DY style ring. I know both totally different but I'd like to get the most presence and sparkle for the money i can spend.

Thank you!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz
@Kim N
can either of you help me find some options for stones? Also, any thoughts on if I should get a solitaire OR a chunkier DY style ring. I know both totally different but I'd like to get the most presence and sparkle for the money i can spend.

Thank you!

I can definitely help you find options for stones, but are you still wanting to wait to make the purchase a year out?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
have you had a chance to try on both styles at a local jewelry store? They are very different rings, and maybe even getting some CZ options off Amazon will help you narrow your choice.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I can definitely help you find options for stones, but are you still wanting to wait to make the purchase a year out?

Roughly yes so just trying to get a ball park idea of what i can get, where to get it and so on. That said, if I were to get an unexpected bonus beforehand, I may get it sooner.

I just do not even know where to start with LGD. If I were to get a solitaire, where is the best place to go and what am I looking for as far as specifics?

Also, I my next question would be if I wanted to get something made like this.... where would I go?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roughly yes so just trying to get a ball park idea of what i can get, where to get it and so on. That said, if I were to get an unexpected bonus beforehand, I may get it sooner.

I just do not even know where to start with LGD. If I were to get a solitaire, where is the best place to go and what am I looking for as far as specifics?

I often search on LooseGrownDiamond and Adiamor. If you want a super ideal cut, then I suggest going back to Whiteflash or checking out Brian Gavin Diamonds and Distinctive Gem.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock

Also, I my next question would be if I wanted to get something made like this.... where would I go?

LGD prices have fluctuated a lot over the past year, what is picked out now may not be representative of what you would get in one year.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
freedom2016 what color and clarity grades are you looking to stick to?

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
freedom2016 what color and clarity grades are you looking to stick to?

hi there thank you. I dont know. lol. I remember when i got help picking my ACA the wonderful people here, gave me specific search criteria when looking for that stone.
they gave me parameters to put in the search to get the best possible light, sparkle, presence as possible. I wanted bright white and large - so i guess i would say I want the same for this ring.

SO i guess my question is:
1) where do i go search to find a lgd and
2) what specifics requirements do i need to stick to in order to get the best performance out of the stone.

I am thinking 3-4k ish for stone and 1k for setting.

thank you for any info you can share! :)

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
We can help you look, but we need some help from you. Do you want the largest stone you can buy for $4000? Or do you know that you want a particular size? Do you like colorless, ice, white diamonds? Or do you like a little bit of warm?

We assume you want eye-clean, so we’ve got you covered on that front. But we need a few details. What color is your current diamond? How big is it?

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
hi there thank you. I dont know. lol. I remember when i got help picking my ACA the wonderful people here, gave me specific search criteria when looking for that stone.
they gave me parameters to put in the search to get the best possible light, sparkle, presence as possible. I wanted bright white and large - so i guess i would say I want the same for this ring.

SO i guess my question is:
1) where do i go search to find a lgd and
2) what specifics requirements do i need to stick to in order to get the best performance out of the stone.

I am thinking 3-4k ish for stone and 1k for setting.

thank you for any info you can share! :)

I, like you, have been watching now for about 7-8 months to see the trend. From what I can see, Lab Grown Diamonds seem to have dropped in price over that timeframe--and I suspect they will continue to drop. I would suggest not pulling the trigger on a center stone until closer to the timeframe you want it--but keep checking in to Pricescope to keep up on what is going on with the market. Several of the websites (Including this one I think) track price over time.

I just bought a 4.13 ct hearts and arrows LGD round diamond in April and it is at David Klass's right now getting made into a ring. Had I bought it a year ago, it would have been much more.

Another good place to look is with the pre-owned jewelry that gets listed here (well, actually on Loop Troup but you can read about the listings here). You may be able to find something to your liking for a reasonable price.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
I, like you, have been watching now for about 7-8 months to see the trend. From what I can see, Lab Grown Diamonds seem to have dropped in price over that timeframe--and I suspect they will continue to drop. I would suggest not pulling the trigger on a center stone until closer to the timeframe you want it--but keep checking in to Pricescope to keep up on what is going on with the market. Several of the websites (Including this one I think) track price over time.

I just bought a 4.13 ct hearts and arrows LGD round diamond in April and it is at David Klass's right now getting made into a ring. Had I bought it a year ago, it would have been much more.

Another good place to look is with the pre-owned jewelry that gets listed here (well, actually on Loop Troup but you can read about the listings here). You may be able to find something to your liking for a reasonable price.

where did you get your LGD? Everyone seems to recommend David Klass. I tried to see if they have a website and it doesn't look like it launched yet. How did you start the process with them to have them make you something?

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
We can help you look, but we need some help from you. Do you want the largest stone you can buy for $4000? Or do you know that you want a particular size? Do you like colorless, ice, white diamonds? Or do you like a little bit of warm?

We assume you want eye-clean, so we’ve got you covered on that front. But we need a few details. What color is your current diamond? How big is it?

HI, I think I like around 2cts. I dont know enough about LGD. Do they have the same things like EGD? I would want colorless so likely F or above,

Again, i am not looking to buy today but wanted to get ideas on a goal, so i know where to go, how much i can get for my budget and so on. I am a planner.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Just for reference, here's a lovely 2.34 F VVS1 for $1563 that @Kim N found for another PSer who decided to go larger.
https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/?sku=623415213&skuu=623415213

Here's a 5.26 FVVS2 that @DejaWiz for for $5500.
https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG551213973

There's such a range of sizes that $4-5k can buy, so that's why we're asking for size preference.

Now if you want a branded stone from Jann Paul or Brian Gavin or Whitefish, that's a difference price point.

Here's a Whitefish Precision Cut 2.08 FVVS2 for $3975
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...-vvs2-clarity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p236610

BG Premium lab 1.85 FSI1 for $2625
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...-lab/products/1-85-f-si1-bg-premium-lab-round

BG Deluxe Lab (step below premium) 2.04 E VVS2 for $3999

Hope some of that info helps!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
These are all under you stated budget.
And definitely check with Distinctive Gem about Jon's steal of the day lineup - he can either get almost anything found elsewhere or offer alternatives that could be even better since he performs full vetting.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Just for reference, here's a lovely 2.34 F VVS1 for $1563 that @Kim N found for another PSer who decided to go larger.
https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/?sku=623415213&skuu=623415213

Here's a 5.26 FVVS2 that @DejaWiz for for $5500.
https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG551213973

There's such a range of sizes that $4-5k can buy, so that's why we're asking for size preference.

Now if you want a branded stone from Jann Paul or Brian Gavin or Whitefish, that's a difference price point.

Here's a Whitefish Precision Cut 2.08 FVVS2 for $3975
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...-vvs2-clarity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p236610

BG Premium lab 1.85 FSI1 for $2625
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...-lab/products/1-85-f-si1-bg-premium-lab-round

BG Deluxe Lab (step below premium) 2.04 E VVS2 for $3999

Hope some of that info helps!

thank you! i have a question. Is the only difference with the 2.34 from lgd and the 2.08 from whiteflash ONLY that the wf one is branded? I am trying to figure out why the price difference if the quality is the same? wf doesn't offer an exchange for lgd so I am trying to figure out why to choose wf over the other?

thoughts?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
thank you! i have a question. Is the only difference with the 2.34 from lgd and the 2.08 from whiteflash ONLY that the wf one is branded? I am trying to figure out why the price difference if the quality is the same? wf doesn't offer an exchange for lgd so I am trying to figure out why to choose wf over the other?

thoughts?

I think the difference between a handpicked diamond by one of the consumer experts here versus the WF branded cut is that the WF comes with all the in-person vetting and advanced imaging that WF provides. So it’s a little more of a sure thing, but you have to decide if that’s worth the premium that you’re paying. I personally would try one picked by our members first, at that price difference.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
These are all under you stated budget.
And definitely check with Distinctive Gem about Jon's steal of the day lineup - he can either get almost anything found elsewhere or offer alternatives that could be even better since he performs full vetting.

thank you! where are these all from?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
thank you! where are these all from?

You're very welcome.
They should be listed at multiple sites (Adiamor, DreamStone, LooseGrownDiamond, etc) and available to just about any jeweler that has access to the same virtual supply channels.
If you want to push into larger carat weight/diameters, then you've got the budget for that.

Example:
(slightly tilted/unaligned in front of the camera)
PS - this one in just north of three and a half carats and has a price tag that'll drop your jaw, so you may want to order it as a loose diamond ASAP then decide if you want to keep it or return it...just to see it with your own eyes and give it a fair shake in case you don't want to miss out on the possibility of owning it.

Video:

Last edited:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
You're very welcome.
They should be listed at multiple sites (Adiamor, DreamStone, LooseGrownDiamond, etc) and available to just about any jeweler that has access to the same virtual supply channels.
If you want to push into larger carat weight/diameters, then you've got the budget for that.

Example:
(slightly tilted/unaligned in front of the camera)
PS - this one in just north of three and a half carats and has a price tag that'll drop your jaw, so you may want to order it as a loose diamond ASAP then decide if you want to keep it or return it...just to see it with your own eyes and give it a fair shake in case you don't want to miss out on the possibility of owning it.

Video:

hi thank you so much! the videos are great, where do i see the link with cost, which site has it, and so on. Sorry just confused as all these videos are wonderful but i can't see cost or where they are from.

Lastly, in the general consensus that my best course of action is to buy the best LGD i can find through help from folks like you and then ship it to david klass and have him make the ring for me?
pending i don't care about brand on it? I bought my wedding band from wf but is DK similar in quality ?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
hi thank you so much! the videos are great, where do i see the link with cost, which site has it, and so on. Sorry just confused as all these videos are wonderful but i can't see cost or where they are from.

Lastly, in the general consensus that my best course of action is to buy the best LGD i can find through help from folks like you and then ship it to david klass and have him make the ring for me?
pending i don't care about brand on it? I bought my wedding band from wf but is DK similar in quality ?

Let me know when you're here and I'll post it

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
hi there. I am here now. Thank you for your help!

Here you go!

Also listed here (and Jon at DG may be able to get it for you and run it through full vetting) if you want to ask for a price match:

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Here you go!

Also listed here (and Jon at DG may be able to get it for you and run it through full vetting) if you want to ask for a price match:

Thank you!!! I was away last weekend but gonna try and start on this again this week

I’m gonna reach out to David Klass to get a quote on making a similar setting DY crossover setting - would u agree he is the best place to have it made
Would wf be way more $?

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Here you go!

Are either of these any good ? IMG_0405.png

Attachments

• IMG_0404.png
    IMG_0404.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 7
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results