shape
carat
color
clarity

In your opinion, are Australian opal doublets worth buying?

Arthur Kennedy

Rough_Rock
Ok, here's a link to a short clip of that pair of 6×4mm Australian opal doublets, gang. I actually think they look pretty nice. But what do YOU think of the overall quality of the play of color? Like I said, this pair is on sale and would cost right around $105 after taxes and shipping. seems like a decent price, but I don't really know what a small pair of opal doublets would go for a generally....

Any thoughts, @Autumn in New England ? @Avondale ? Anybody who wants to feel free to pipe in with your 2 cents....

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
Agreed they are very nice and you already have a 6x4 setting so you won't be paying for that. Tough to get something more beautiful at $105.

but I don't really know what a small pair of opal doublets would go for a generally....

I don't know either. I've only casually browsed OpalAuctions and my impression is that SedaOpals has among the fairest prices. They don't have 6x4 oval pairs listed but if you ask maybe they could come up with another option.

These are only blue/green singles, 17-23$ each. The ones you picked have better colorplay and hence more expensive, but it is possible that Seda could do a similar pair as the one in the video for under 100.

Arthur Kennedy

Rough_Rock
Agreed they are very nice and you already have a 6x4 setting so you won't be paying for that. Tough to get something more beautiful at $105.

I don't know either. I've only casually browsed OpalAuctions and my impression is that SedaOpals has among the fairest prices. They don't have 6x4 oval pairs listed but if you ask maybe they could come up with another option.

These are only blue/green singles, 17-23$ each. The ones you picked have better colorplay and hence more expensive, but it is possible that Seda could do a similar pair as the one in the video for under 100.

Thanks for the links! Those are great prices. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this site in the future.

Arthur Kennedy

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I went ahead and bought that 6×4 mm oval pair, gang.

Thanks again, everybody!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results