shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy deep orangy brown

worldsurvivor

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of buying this gemstone but I have no knowledge about diamond so I would like to know if this ring worths 2000e? I have done some research online and learned that brown is the least rare color of the fancy color. Should I buy this ring?

Screenshot_20240517_144226.jpg

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking of buying this gemstone but I have no knowledge about diamond so I would like to know if this ring worths 2000e? I have done some research online and learned that brown is the least rare color of the fancy color. Should I buy this ring?

Screenshot_20240517_144226.jpg

A few things about this; You cannot judge a colored diamond without seeing good pictures and videos. The same cut requirements that apply to modern round brilliants do not apply to fancy colors, because the latter are cut to maintain color and color saturation. This certificate is not from one of the standard, reputable grading labs. I believe that GIA would be the most reputable grading source for colored diamonds. Other reputable sources are IGI and GCAL. AGS was purchased by GIA recently, but former AGS certificates are also reputable.

Whether the price is fair or not depends almost entirely on how beautiful the diamond is, and we cannot tell from the photo or certificate.

Are you interested in brown diamonds? We can suggest reputable sellers if so.

I think it all depends on if you like the color. You'll need clear photos and a video to accurately assess it. Likewise, make sure you have a generous return policy. Next, I would need a report from the GIA, because what this lab grades as SI2 clarity, the GIA might grade as I2, and that would be a big difference in value. I'd want to see the cut grade details as well. I would also need to know the fluorescence, because strong and even medium fluorescence can interfere with FCD color in sunlight. As @mayaINaU pointed out, in light of all those factors, it may be worth it to simply look to a "PS approved" dealer for this purchase. I bought mine from James Allen and was very pleased. It's 2.13ct. and fancy brown...

thumbnail_Screenshot_20230304_002311_Samsung Internet (1).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results