shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Victor Canera Jocelyn with Scalloped Basket

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom,

Your ring is stunning. I love the double prongs and the setting is gorgeous. Your diamond is perfect! Congratulations!
My emerald cut is getting set by Victor right now and I am beyond excited. I am doing the Sophia with french cuts. Can't
wait! Victor also did both of my daughters engagement rings! His work is impeccable!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kimber418|1420229241|3810990 said:
LLJsmom,

Your ring is stunning. I love the double prongs and the setting is gorgeous. Your diamond is perfect! Congratulations!
My emerald cut is getting set by Victor right now and I am beyond excited. I am doing the Sophia with french cuts. Can't
wait! Victor also did both of my daughters engagement rings! His work is impeccable!

Thank you kimber418. I love this ring more every day. It's strange because sometimes I will look at it and my stone will look just really BIG to me, just really big and round, and that has NEVER happened in the two years that I have had my stone in its previous settings. I love everything about it, the top down view, the tiny, disappearing prongs, the single cuts in the shank that just sparkle every where, and any time of the day. I just just shoving boots and coolers into a dark closet and noticed my ring and the arrows in my stone shine super white. It's incredible. :shock: In dim energy saving lighting, my stone just sparkles.

Anyway, you know what it's like to receive a ring made by Victor, so you can imagine. I'm so excited for you. You will have to create a new thread with tons of pictures when you receive your ring. I know you are going to just love, love, love it. :love:

I went back and looked at your thread on your daughter's emerald cut in a split shank halo. It's gorgeous, and looks just beautiful on her. If you have a chance, you should create a thread on your other daughter's round in an emilya too.

I so wish I could get another piece made by him, but cannot decide for now. Keep us updated so we can live vicariously through you!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I'm shameless and I will add more pictures to this thread, just cause I took them, and wanted to incorporate them all into one thread.

BTW, I love my ring even more. I wore it skiing this weekend. Could not bear to leave it behind. No prob!! All ok and in one piece. :)

dsc_0402.jpg
dsc_261.jpg
dsc_0394.jpg
dsc_0381.jpg

MeganS

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous ring, looks fabulous on your hand. Thanks for sharing all the photos, LOVE the modeling shots!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is amazing, love the sparkling basket and single cut stones on the shank. It looks so elegant on your hand, such a pretty manicure :D the ring and bracelet together are a knockout!!

Well worth all the work, just beautiful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for bumping my own thread. Krishima, for you...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. :love: Please keep adding the pics LLJsmom because we could never tire of gazing at your beautiful ring. :appl:

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Swoon!!! I am so in love with your ring. Perfect from every angle, simple and classic but special. Did you ever decide on a band?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring, I have come back to admire it - it's visual perfection, I love your new band too, I missed it because I was away I think at the time you posted it.... :love: :love: :love:

I'm totally biased I love all of Victor's work we have very little that is comparable here in Australia!!! Your ring is no exception it is my idea of an Ideal modern solitaire!!! :sun:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I never get tired of looking at your beautiful ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Callie, arkie, thank you for kind and lovely comments. Hilarious to admit but I enjoy looking at the pics too. God how embarrassing. Lol!! But if anyone would understand and forgive jewelry-love it would be my fellow PSers. ;-)

JustinVu

Rough_Rock
Hi OP,

I honestly fell in love with your ring, thanks to Diamondseeker2006 to refer the VC design to another member on a separate thread, and after some searches, I've found your thread.

I think I'm locking in this design for my gf's E-ring. Only things I'd like to ask is:

1. Do you know the height of the diamond from the ring (i heard 7mm is a good indication)? and do you feel comfortable wearing daily with that height?
2. I'm wondering whether or not to milgrain the pave'. what's your opinion?

Cheers,

Justin

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JustinVu|1467764489|4051808 said:
Hi OP,

I honestly fell in love with your ring, thanks to Diamondseeker2006 to refer the VC design to another member on a separate thread, and after some searches, I've found your thread.

I think I'm locking in this design for my gf's E-ring. Only things I'd like to ask is:

1. Do you know the height of the diamond from the ring (i heard 7mm is a good indication)? and do you feel comfortable wearing daily with that height?

Cheers,

Justin

Justin, not everyone can make this ring. I wish you could let Victor make it. It is truly a gorgeous setting. But fine quality pave like this in a handforged ring is pretty hard to find. Still, it is a great choice of style for your diamond!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JustinVu|1467764489|4051808 said:
Hi OP,

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Justin,
I am glad you like this ring. Victor's work is quite amazing. I no longer have this stone. I traded it in for on OEC. However, I love the setting so much I kept and hope I will have a chance to use it again in the future.

I will try to answer your questions.

1. I do not know the height of the diamond from the ring. Victor sets it at a medium height. I think based on the picture, the stone is set about as low as it will go. The height of my stone is 5.46mm. I found it comfortable to wear daily. No issues. My previous setting was even higher. If I had to do it over, I would set it as low as it could go, which is what I think Victor did.

2. I would add millgrain if Victor was doing the work. His work is extremely fine. You can see it all with the naked eye, yet it does not detract from the ring and adds delicacy to the ring. If it was not he, Steven Kirsch, or Caysie Van Beber doing it, I would not ask for millgrain. I have had and seen millgrain from others, and it usually looks clunky and inappropriate, at least based on what I have seen.

Good luck. I think you will love Victor's work, if he is the one doing it. It's jaw-droppingly delicate and fine. I especially loved the scalloped basket. And I definitely recommend single cut melee on the shank and basket. The quality of his melee is unbelievable, very clean, sparkly, well cut, and white, which matched really well with my F center stone.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! This is my dream ring :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results