shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your fancy colored diamonds

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1362285405|3394900 said:
kenny your blue pear makes me drool!!!! and periwinklegirl your blue pears are so nummy. what type of round are you setting it with?

I have a 0.72 fancy intense blue RB that I am upgrading to a three stone halo with the pears. I know the fancy deep blue pear won't match the other two stones - but it's lovely! And I want to wear them and look at them instead of leaving them in a gem jar for years while I wait for a matching blue pear.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1362287729|3394919 said:
pandabee|1362285405|3394900 said:
kenny your blue pear makes me drool!!!! and periwinklegirl your blue pears are so nummy. what type of round are you setting it with?

I have a 0.72 fancy intense blue RB that I am upgrading to a three stone halo with the pears. I know the fancy deep blue pear won't match the other two stones - but it's lovely! And I want to wear them and look at them instead of leaving them in a gem jar while I wait for a matching blue pear.

:cheeky: sounds gorgeous!!! can't wait to see it ::)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of my design inspiration rings. But with a scalloped halo around the centre to make it look more like a flower and full halos around the pears. My pears are bigger than these.

Of course, now I want a pink one too!

photo_h.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I hadn't checked in on this thread in awhile, but what gorgeous pretties!

davi_el_mejor, I love your yellow kite diamond and setting! That is a bada$$ combo :)

kenny, I worship that 8pt blue pear! That is a dream color for me.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Umm, I hope I'm not driving you all crazy with my pics. I'm sorry, I'm just so thrilled to finally being taking good pics of my fcds! And I'm colour-correcting - (hopefully Kenny will be proud that his lessons are starting to sink in!).

Sunny today, so I took a few pics outside in the shade. I'll have to get my red back soon so it can have a photo shoot too.
My small pinks collection and my pears. Please ignore annoying black fibres.

pinks_v_close_up2.jpg

two_blue_pears_shade_close_up1.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
great photography skills periwinkle! they look radiant.

my favourites are the green and the pink nearest it at 4o'clock

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
(I posted this exact post in "Rockytalky" because the date of the last entry there looks more recent but I'm not sure where this should go really? Re-posting here again :) )

So, I took the plunge to buy my first fancy coloured diamonds, a very small fancy pink-purple cushion and an even smaller fancy grey-blue pear. They are very sparkly but I'm feeling unsure about the colours. While I like the purple diamond, I'm admittedly disappointed by how the blue diamond looked more grey usually. (but of cos, pure blues are expensive and I don't think they are in my league!!!). In fact I'm still considering whether to send this blue diamond back. What do you guys think?

Anyway, today, a glorious sunset came and I got these photos:
The two "blue" shots that got my heart skipping a beat. The purple diamond was quite poorly-positioned ie not face up so it looked washed-out here. The diamonds were also very sparkly but it was hard to capture on camera ...
20150417_180906_3_.jpg
20150417_180917_3_.jpg

The sun rays weakened and the blue diamond began to look slightly moody grey again. I set it on an orange button of a remote controller to try to mimic a warm yellow/rose gold backing. So is it an "on" or "off" stone for you? :razz:
20150417_182042_3_.jpg
20150417_181948_3_.jpg

Back to moody grey.
20150417_181411_3_.jpg
20150417_181200_3_.jpg

Sorry if these aren't very clear photos (taken with a phone only and the macro shots aren't great either) because I was in a hurry to make the best out of the transient sunset rays. Thanks for looking!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty stones Sparkle_ruckle! What are the sizes and weights of your stones? The first 2 pics you posted definitely show the blue and how pretty both stones can be in the sun. Prices of pinks and blues just seem to keep rising to the point that it's hard to get anything with more saturation and size, it's crazy.

Kroshka

theren

Rough_Rock
I thought I posted pictures of mine... Fancy light yellow and fancy pink.. Made by DBL..

img_20141025_1.jpg

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Kroshka! Thank you for liking my humble little stones. The fancy pink-purple is 0.22 carat and the grey-blue is only 0.09 carat. The prices are indeed really high and so I wasn't sure if I return this one now and wait for the right blue diamond (but mines are closing soon and prices are indeed rising) , or is there some way of setting it that would balance out its greyness. Any ideas? I wonder if yellow or rose gold would help, and which one is better. :)

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkle_ruckle|1429502663|3864708 said:
Hi Kroshka! Thank you for liking my humble little stones. The fancy pink-purple is 0.22 carat and the grey-blue is only 0.09 carat. The prices are indeed really high and so I wasn't sure if I return this one now and wait for the right blue diamond (but mines are closing soon and prices are indeed rising) , or is there some way of setting it that would balance out its greyness. Any ideas? I wonder if yellow or rose gold would help, and which one is better. :)

Hmm that's hard to decide. If you like it enough and the price was acceptable then I would keep it, as it's not easy to find a large selection of blues to choose from and they are getting more and more expensive. Unless of course you find a blue you like better in the meantime and in your price range and within the return period of this one. Then definitely return, or of course if you don't mind paying more for a blue later when you find the one you fall in love with. I think I would vote for rose gold to bring out the blue more, but it also depends on the design, etc. I can say from experience I've had both regret at not keeping or purchasing a stone and buyer's remorse in purchasing and keeping what I kind of consider a dud....lol

Kroshka

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Theren, I have seen your e-ring in other threads and I think it's amazing! And all the other fancy color diamonds. I hope to own more in the future, but for right now just got my toes wet with a light pink half pave rose gold band from zina on etsy. She is very professional. I hope my band counts for this thread and I hope I can get more saturated stones in future. But I am really happy how delicate it looks and will be good for stack.

_29270.jpg

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
Victoria10 said:
Theren, I have seen your e-ring in other threads and I think it's amazing! And all the other fancy color diamonds. I hope to own more in the future, but for right now just got my toes wet with a light pink half pave rose gold band from zina on etsy. She is very professional. I hope my band counts for this thread and I hope I can get more saturated stones in future. But I am really happy how delicate it looks and will be good for stack.

Of course it counts and it's very lovely!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm excited to finally have something to post in this thread! Admittedly, it's nowhere near as exciting as some of the gorgeous pinks and blues and greens already posted here, but I'll share anyway. :naughty: My first FCD, a super pretty FLY oval from Leibish. Can't wait to set it!

fly.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1429718012|3865875 said:
I'm excited to finally have something to post in this thread! Admittedly, it's nowhere near as exciting as some of the gorgeous pinks and blues and greens already posted here, but I'll share anyway. :naughty: My first FCD, a super pretty FLY oval from Leibish. Can't wait to set it!

It's really pretty star sparkle! Any ideas on how you're going to set it?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle, that's a very pretty oval and in my favorite yellow color, FLY! I can't wait to see how you set it. :appl:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Susiegrneyes thank you I feel better.

Star sparkle that is a beautiful color and can't wait to see the finish setting.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, junebug, Catmom, and Victoria10!! I'm so happy and excited for this project!

My current inspiration is this T&Co ring.

tcoenchant.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1429721901|3865928 said:
Thank you so much, junebug, Catmom, and Victoria10!! I'm so happy and excited for this project!

My current inspiration is this T&Co ring.

Oh yes, that is a fabulous setting! I love it!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I really like your inspiration and I think it will look very pretty.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Adding my most recently set stone - gia fancy green.

inthesun.jpg

Kroshka

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Oh I remember green envy post. She is pretty and very well thought out setting.
I never saw a green diamond before except on website, but those aren actual in person on hand shots. Thank you for sharing!

theren

Rough_Rock
Victoria10|1429583783|3865143 said:

Thank you so much!! And of course it counts. It's beautiful!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
kroshka|1429733080|3866024 said:
Adding my most recently set stone - gia fancy green.

inthesun.jpg

Kroshka

love this iridescent green colour in this ring... noice.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
correction: 20k gold!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Elle Elle that is a very pretty yellow diamond and love the setting! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a gorgeous ring Elle Elle! :love: :appl: It's a real beauty, the diamond and the setting are a winning combination, congrats!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful yellow diamond ring, ElleElle!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results