carat
color
clarity

Show us your fancy colored diamonds

justginger

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1361003264|3381575 said:
justginger|1361002684|3381572 said:
Just out of curiosity, are your colored stones mined or created? The haloed blue stone (your engagement ring?) reminds me of a DNEA stone. It has that beautiful, specific hue that I've seen in their stones.

Good eye. All my fcds are from D.NEA! I'm becoming one of Eric's regular customers. In fact my halo is on their website.

I have a pair of vivid blue studs that are even bluer than my ring! Although in today's shots it looks a little too blue. IRL, my stone looks nothing like a swimming pool. It's very much sky blue.

I wasn't aware that D.NEA did pinks. They look like they cover a range of saturations and hues. Lovely little things to look at. :))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Here is my light yellow cushion with fancy pink diamond "flower" halo and my J diamond pear pendant with fancy pink diamond halo - both custom made for me by DBL.

phpvlxisiam.jpg

_3762.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
And one more...

My natural fancy purplish pink diamond in the very early setting stage with the fabulous Mike R!!!!! The other spaces are for some Arglye pinks.

Hmmm... I wonder what it's going to be :naughty:

_55.jpeg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1361001803|3381567 said:
minousbijoux|1360963528|3381158 said:
Periwinklegirl: I can't believe your blue. That is amazingly lovely. I would very much like to possess your ring :Up_to_something: :mrgreen: Does it sparkle a lot? A blue sparkly stone like that could definitely have me falling for diamonds...

Minousbijoux,

Thank you so much! Vous êtes trop gentille!

There's nothing quite like an fcd! I'm very partial to my blue. But I also really love my pinks. And well, the red one! I find the warm colours do better in sunlight than the blues.

But yes, it sparkles. It is a diamond! I've got a blue pear that's way more sparkly though. Positively scintillates! And oddly enough, it's only an I1. Is it possible not all inclusions are evil?

This afternoon I was walking my dog out in the glorious sunshine and my ring kept catching my eye. So I snapped a few shots.

These are for you...

Your ering is positively gorgeous!!! And your pinks will make for a stunning stacking band. Will have to do some looking around the D.NEA site... :naughty:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
justginger|1361022291|3381628 said:
I wasn't aware that D.NEA did pinks. They look like they cover a range of saturations and hues. Lovely little things to look at. :))

Pinks, reds, purples, greens, yellows, oranges, and now some bigger whites. Even a green heart!

I'll see if I can find a pic.

If you haven't visited their site, check out their big blues (1ct>)!

Found the pic. How cool is this?

blue-green_heart.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what D NEA means, but that blue! Heart bestill! :love: :love: Thank you Peri for the extra photos. I puffy heart them very much. :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

pinkjewel said:
And one more...

My natural fancy purplish pink diamond in the very early setting stage with the fabulous Mike R!!!!! The other spaces are for some Arglye pinks.

So exciting! I wish you got it before the gtg and not after!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's not mine, but I still wanted to share. 24ct of vivid is too good not to share.

_3766.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Athena, you do get around, don't you? What's that cartoon noise when their eyes bug out of their heads?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Minousbijoux,
It's my pleasure to take more pics for you. I'm slowly mastering iphone & diamond photography. There are more of my ring if you look in the lab grown diamonds forum.

D.NEA is a company that makes high quality, well cut created diamonds. Real, just not mined. And they use really talented cutters in Antwerp. The blue diamond in my halo shows a perfect eightstar!

d.neadiamonds.com

They have some gorgeous stuff! And many more fcd pics on their facebook page. Like these:

PS. Correction to my previous post, I meant to say they have blues greater than 1 carat! Of course, they go fast!

blue_diamond_flower_cluster1.jpg

deep_blue_asscher_ring1.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1361051987|3381905 said:
Oh, Athena, you do get around, don't you? What's that cartoon noise when their eyes bug out of their heads?

Ah-WOOOOOOOO-gah!! :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

justginger said:

Cracking up here!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1361026671|3381656 said:
And one more...

My natural fancy purplish pink diamond in the very early setting stage with the fabulous Mike R!!!!! The other spaces are for some Argyle pinks.

That is lovely!! Any more pics? Even of just the stone?

And...

Bump!! Any more pinks out there?

New pics always welcome!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1361060536|3381980 said:

Yes, that exactly!! I should just follow you around making that noise at all the great bling you either own or con people into letting you wear!! :naughty: :wink2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1361148611|3382698 said:
justginger|1361060536|3381980 said:

Yes, that exactly!! I should just follow you around making that noise at all the great bling you either own or con people into letting you wear!! :naughty: :wink2:

Hah hah, I wrote that thinking it was Athena who said it, but the same thing holds for you, Ginger...Poppy must get that sound all the time! :lol: :lol:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
My babies. Each 8 points of fancy grayish blue deliciousness.

_3871.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1361349782|3385178 said:

So sparkly!! Love the one on the right. Any setting plans?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting that they are both considered the same grade as the one on the right looks so much less grey and more slightly greenish light blue if you kwim.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1361366396|3385231 said:

So sparkly!! Love the one on the right. Any setting plans?

I bought them specifically for my e-ring upgrade, which screeched to a halt late last year and was overtaken by a Europe trip. They will be bezel set on the gallery of my main stone of my three stone oval e-ring. They are very sparkly in real life, especially in my kitchen. :love:

minousbijoux said:
Interesting that they are both considered the same grade as the one on the right looks so much less grey and more slightly greenish light blue if you kwim.
Yep, and they both look more gray in real life, especially the nicer blue one. I was a bit disappointed at first, but because they are so well matched in size and shape, and will not be set right next to each other, and because I was just so stoked to have real blue diamonds ( :D ), I kept them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jane I love your 8-point pears.
I'm looking forward to seeing them set in your new ring.

I have one too.
They say great minds think alike.

I wouldn't mind if it was 8 ct instead of 8 pt though.

_100.png

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Just a few photos I took this evening with my loupe. The color of the green isn't even remotely correct - was really affected by the yellowish nearby lighting. And that strange pale circle in the middle of the yellow is an effect of the loupe's internal lighting, I think.

bluezoom.jpg

greenzoom.jpg

_3895.jpg

yellowzoom.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous!! I love blue pears!

You're inspiring me to get out there and take some pics of my two - before I have to part with them to be set. Mine aren't even close to a matched pair though.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Justginger - lovely!!

Kenny - fab shot!

My two pears are different blues than the others so far. One is fancy intense blue, I1 included and incredibly sparkly because of it (first really included diamond I've ever liked), and the other is deep blue on the point graduated down to intense at the base.
Must get some shots! Soon!

Here's the vendor photo of the colour varied one. It's what lured me in. I just couldn't resist owning a blue pear!
And it's not included, just some dust or something on the lens maybe? Makes it look like it has bubbles in the photo.

deep_blue_pear_0.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here we go. Raining, so not a very bright pic. I'll try again on the next sunny day.
0.24 ct on the left and 0.32 on the right.

pears2.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl said:
Here we go. Raining, so not a very bright pic. I'll try again on the next sunny day.
I can't wait to see this with your round center!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1362204550|3394346 said:
periwinklegirl said:
I can't wait to see this with your round center!

Thanks - neither can I! Trying to decide if I can go ahead with this sooner rather than later. I got the blue pears last summer.

Here's one more pic. I borrowed Justginger's loupe technique. Who knew what you could do with an iphone!
It doesn't look quite this grey IRL.

These will be a lot easier to photograph once they're set!

blue_pear_loupe_close_up3.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, Justginger, Periwinklegirl, I'm loving your blues! Oh how I love blue diamonds. :love:

Every time I view this thread I seem to head over to the Leibish site. Tee hee hee!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yours are fabulous too!

I'm enjoying the picture taking. Means I get a really close up look at my stones! Plus it's an excuse to play with them!

Leibish have yummy pics!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can actually take pictures through a loupe? This I want to learn! Beautiful diamonds. I love the closeup, Peri :praise:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
kenny your blue pear makes me drool!!!! and periwinklegirl your blue pears are so nummy. what type of round are you setting it with?

minousbijoux|1362283237|3394889 said:
You can actually take pictures through a loupe? This I want to learn! Beautiful diamonds. I love the closeup, Peri :praise:

on my phone it's pretty easy...it's got a flat back so I just hold the cover that the loupe swings out of with the fingers I normally hold the back of my phone with and snap with my thumb. it works fine in place of the macro setting on my point and shoot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results