Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, my eyes are bugging out.
They are all so beautiful.
Thanks for all your work and a great thread idea Amy. :love: :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
23gb9v » 27 Apr 2009 12:07
Here is my three week old half bezel 1.23 ct. champagne diamond e-ring. I love it, as it is unique and the setting is from my mother. I''m a bit self concious of how masculine it looks to me sometimes, and people have been giving me mixed opinions on what they think of it...a lot of people prefer white gold and diamonds....and mine goes against the grain :) enjoy!

Attachments

• champ.bmp
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,000

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover » 04 Apr 2009 20:43
I also got a shot of my green and pink diamond ring, and my pink champagne ring. I know everyone has seen so many pictures of this, they probably want to be ill, but I really love this shot. It's great when the sun comes out. It is so hard to capture the green of my diamond on the camera as well, but it sometimes looks minty or forest green depending on the lighting. The pink champagne has blue fluor which you can see here a little bit as it gets "whiter" outside in natural UV rays from the sun.

Attachments

• fancy.bmp
    349.3 KB · Views: 2,013

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover » 17 Dec 2008 17:09
I reset my brown-pink diamond in a setting with a rose gold head. I think the diamonds were competing with the stone in my other setting, and it didn't do much for the stone. Center stone is 52 points. The old Tacori style mount that this stone originally was in is being replaced by a 48 point yellow diamond with a yellow bezel.

Here are the results. The setting is lan.b04 from ebay with upgraded diamonds. The head is rose gold and the shank is white gold.

Attachments

• tl.bmp
    468.8 KB · Views: 1,986

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say I love this thread. So many of these are my favorites on this thread! I really love all the ways the stones are set. My stone will be reset some day when I decide what to do with it so I love the ideas from all of you.

Such a lovely thread full of lovely stones :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover » 17 Dec 2008 17:15
Here's how the brown pink used to look in the Tacori style mounting - I went to a different jeweler than I normally go to since they could get rose gold prongs. They did a terrible job as you can see, and the prongs are lumpy, that also upset me. Will never ever go there again. My other jeweler did a great job on the prongs in the new mounting above, and rose gold is very difficult to work with. The prongs are delicate and are not "eating" the stone in the above pictures. In this picture, they are devouring the stone.

Attachments

• brownpink.bmp
    374.7 KB · Views: 2,020

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover » 20 Dec 2008 11:39
I reset my Tacori style mount (see a few posts above this one to see the "before" picture) with a light yellow diamond of a 1/2 carat in weight. They bezel set it in yellow, and I think it looks much better than before. Now the ring lights up!

Attachments

• tl1.bmp
    321.2 KB · Views: 1,995

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mugumbris » 16 Jan 2008 19:14
My 2.85ct Modified Trilliant cut canary yellow from Queensland.

Attachments

• trillion.bmp
    458.2 KB · Views: 1,992

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1292376591|2797085 said:
All 4 are natural diamonds with color of natural origin per GIA reports.

Fancy Deep Purple Pink
Fancy Intense Green, no modifying hue
Fancy Intense Green Blue Pear
Fancy Deep Blue, no modifying hue

The green is my favorite.
The light performance of the big chunky facets of this old fashioned cut is out of this world, especially for an FCD.

HOLY SHENANIGANS KENNY!! I stared at those beauties for about an hour!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
thanks amy! there's a new addition coming soon :D

thanks for putting this thread together, it's great to have 1 place for all of the colored diamonds!

SmallSparkle

Rough_Rock
LOVE all the Fancies!!
Here is my new pear, 0.31ct Fancy Light Pink VS1

4546_di_image_fe92e.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SmallSparkle|1292407960|2797441 said:
LOVE all the Fancies!!
Here is my new pear, 0.31ct Fancy Light Pink VS1

SS that is a gorgeous colour - my dream diamond is an asscher in *exactly* that same very pale pink :love: :love:
would love more photos :sun:

SmallSparkle

Rough_Rock
I have been waiting a while to find a pink pear, won't get my hands on it until mid January but pics look good. Now i just need to figure out the ring. Not sure if i should get it set in a 3 stone, with a pave band, or just a solitaire? Halo is out as my fiance already has a few.

0.31ct-FLP-PS-I4767-Pic3 (Medium).jpg

0.31ct-FLP-PS-I4767-Pic4 (Medium).jpg

4546_di_image1_1c368 (Medium).jpg

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Thank you AmysBling for starting this thread and including my ring with the beauties of this thread! :D

There are just so many beautiful colored diamonds on pricescope!

Kenny, your green diamond absolutely left me breathless! So did your other loose diamonds, but that green one, WOWZER!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
Are more people buying FCDs now or is it just that I'm paying attention now?
I've been here 5 years and I just do not remember so much interest and activity in fancy colored diamonds.
Are we just coming out of the closet? :naughty:

BTW, I forgot to mention, all four of my beauties came from Leibish & Co. www.fancydiamonds.net
I've been very happy with their service and product.
I was very very nervous at first but they've proven to be quite reputable.
I've even returned a few for refunds, no problem :appl:
I love to plug the vendors I'm happy with whether PS vendors or not - (I LOVE my GOG and WF stones and experiences too.)

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
i think a little of both kenny... hahahahahah starting to pay attention because it is your interest too now... and i see quite a few folks who are starting to get into fancy colored diamonds... :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Kenny- I think it's both!

Actually, my intention for creating this thread is a little selfish- looking for inspiration for my light yellow OEC and a possible .85 oval fancy brown I may purchase! :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
acebruin|1292440658|2797727 said:
i think a little of both kenny... hahahahahah starting to pay attention because it is your interest too now... and i see quite a few folks who are starting to get into fancy colored diamonds... :appl:

I hope we can encourage more people to jump in. The water's fine. :sun:

I'd love to see PS influence the FCD market to get them to also consider good cut for light performance.
I have 4 now but have had 7.
The light performance is ALL over the map.
Some just sit there, others are on fire and it's got nothing to do with its color grade.

I realize business will do what is most profitable and cutting to strengthen color REALLY makes them a lot of money so maybe I'm wasting my breath by mentioning light performance and FCDs in the same sentence.

FIve years ago I discovered PS when I bought a pair of earrings for a friend.
Then an earring for my SO.
Then a Solasfera.
Then an ACA.
Then an asscher.
Then an Octavia.

Then I got a color bug and considered buying a nice Kashmir Sapphire.
When I learned you have to contend with secret pricing I lost interest.
I'm very sensitive to being "read" and pumped for maximum money in a transaction.
IMHO, published prices are set with the competition in mind.
Secret prices are secret to maximize the profit on each transaction.

All this led me to Leibish and www.fancydiamonds.net
Thems are diamonds.
Thems gots color.
Thems gots published prices.
That's made Kenny one happy camper. :praise:

I'm so happy that I expanded my horizions into FCDs.
As long as you can accept the smaller weight and/or softer colors the prices are not that off-putting.
But I'm telling you, live, in person, FCDs are sooooooo exciting!!!
They combine all the emotional content of colors and the unique and stunning optical properties of diamond.
Pics just do not do them justice.

SmallSparkle

Rough_Rock
Their only small, but their still FCD's

these are fancy intense pink aprox 0.022 each

3smallsparkle.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
My "maternity clothes" diamond, sold all my maternity stuff and turned it into a lovely peachy/pink/champagne diamond. .22ct, has a feather in the tip that sould fit right under the prong. I just had it set in a temporary setting, but hope to someday mount it in a rose gold bezel with white halo.

th_earrings001.jpg

th_earrings010.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's a light brown that I have getting a new home at WF right now. In fact I just approved the CADs last night. :bigsmile: :appl:

BGD-recut2.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny - I've been collecting for years! I have got quite a few - some good, some not so good, some not even fit for viewing! :bigsmile:

A few of mine .......... first up, all natural untreated pinks.

Pink Diamonds Montage.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All natural yellows:

Diamonds Yellow Montage.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odd colours - all natural apart from the Black that may be irradiated (unknown):-

Diamonds Various Montage.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea what colour this diamond is! The report says yellowish brown but I'm not convinced! This has very strong green fluor that may be responsible for making it look the way it does!

Diamond Asscher 1.54ct montage.jpg

Diamond Asscher fluor2.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gorgeous Chameleon - presumably that's allowed in this thread?

Chameleon Range of Colours Montage trim.jpg

Chameleon 1.01ct Strong Yellow Fluor trim.JPG

Diamond Chameleon6_1_1.JPG

Diamond Chameleon4 trim for PS.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiny little natural coloured diamonds (pink and yellow mostly) to be made into a bracelet. The design idea is at the bottom.

Design bracelet diamonds.jpg

Diamond Coloured Bracelet 1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results