shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your solitaires please!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I love coming back and seeing the updates to this thread, how fun!!

Gosh, I know halos are all the rage (and they're gorgeously blingy :love: ) but there's something about a solitaire!!! I hope more will post pics of their sparklies so we can enjoy. :appl:

jeweluv

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom, thanks for starting this thread! We received our MRB this month and I'm already drooling over PSers 2carat+ OEC! Push gift? :naughty:

As for my new solitaire, was extremely skeptical about a J color but when we opened the ring box, I was awestruck by the whiteness and sparkliness of my pretty ring. Here's a shot with arrows reflecting the white of my cellphone.

2014_-_2.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jeweluv|1395282120|3637674 said:
LLJsmom, thanks for starting this thread! We received our MRB this month and I'm already drooling over PSers 2carat+ OEC! Push gift? :naughty:

As for my new solitaire, was extremely skeptical about a J color but when we opened the ring box, I was awestruck by the whiteness and sparkliness of my pretty ring. Here's a shot with arrows reflecting the white of my cellphone.

Jeweluv, that is one GORGEOUS solitaire. We need more pics of that baby on its own SMTB thread!! And the.back story too please!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Polished, I never really clicked with the MM setting until i saw your ring. Now I love it, especially the shape of the stone that these prongs create. I looked at his website and too bad logistics is too difficult for me to get that setting, I dont think any diamond setter here in Oz can shape the prongs the way Mark could. Anyway, I love both of your sets :love: !

Thank you Daisyoz, I've only just seen the comment you left. I'm from Australia too - I don't think anyone here in Oz could shape the band quite the way Mark does either - I simply marvel at the particular curve he achieves. I got my diamond through GOG which then gives you the added bonus of easy access to these wonderful ring designers - Vatche and Mark Morrell. I couldn't be happier. I think your dainty Vatche Felicity with your beautiful diamond looks superb.

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
MakingTheGrade- I'm in LOVE with your Bezel!' :love: :love: :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had this set in a vault for two years. Thanks to PS the diamond no longer looks too big to wear =) and I've had it sized to fit. My Dad bought this set for my Mom at Tiffany's on their 30th anniversary in NYC. Before that she didn't wear a diamond, just a plain band : ) That was the old days... She waited 30 years to get her diamond! They married as teenagers and were in love their whole lives. p1080382.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1395320523|3637859 said:
I've had this set in a vault for two years. Thanks to PS the diamond no longer looks too big to wear =) and I've had it sized to fit. My Dad bought this set for my Mom at Tiffany's on their 30th anniversary in NYC. Before that she didn't wear a diamond, just a plain band : ) That was the old days... She waited 30 years to get her diamond! They married as teenagers and were in love their whole lives. p1080382.jpg

Ummm hello! You most certainly should be wearing this!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[/quote] Ummm hello! You most certainly should be wearing this![/quote]

funny.
yes, I'm beginning to appreciate it more as a wearable thing, but my heart will always be with "my" diamonds that I've found & obsessed over since joining PS.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love mine:)

Can't decide if I should just wear with a plain band or buy a new diamond band that compliments it. Kind of like the plainness :o

*edited. Didn't like the second photo upside down.

_16037.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1395335987|3638008 said:

Can't decide if I should just wear with a plain band or buy a new diamond band that compliments it. Kind of like the plainness :o

Just beautiful! I can see why you are so happy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1395327251|3637911 said:

Ummm hello! You most certainly should be wearing this!

I so agree with everyone else - this is just elegant, classic and timeless. I can't imagine having this and not wearing it! I know you have your own stones and I understand but. . . this is just beautiful IMO!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[/quote]I so agree with everyone else - this is just elegant, classic and timeless. I can't imagine having this and not wearing it! I know you have your own stones and I understand but. . . this is just beautiful IMO![/quote]

Thanks! That's very sweet and I appreciate the encouragement! :appl:

jeweluv

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1395290526|3637738 said:
jeweluv|1395282120|3637674 said:

Jeweluv, that is one GORGEOUS solitaire. We need more pics of that baby on its own SMTB thread!! And the.back story too please!

Awwww....thanks *bashful*

There are just sooooo many utterly gorgeous rings and blings here in PS that I will probably reserve a proper SMTB thread for one fine day when I get a significant rock/ring. Thank you very much for prodding, LLJsmom :)) It means a lot to me :)) :))

Just a brief background of my stone though, it is not branded H&A. I hunted a sizeable stone within budget and using the HCA as an elimination tool (mine is 1.4), it's amazing how 4 out of 5 virtual stones that I shortlisted had good arrows patterning(quite easy if you stick with HCA below 2.0 and Ex symmetry). Most with good hearts too!! And then with the ASET and Idealscope and stats, we went for it, held my breath til the stone/ring arrived and relief!!! Then gasp gasp gasp and wonder and rainbows and everyone here knows where i'm getting at.....There is nothing like putting the effort into research and coming up with something one really likes!! Naturally, with most of the budget allocated on the stone, I "settled" for the simplest 6-prong setting. We figured I will re-set the stone a year or so from now IF I tire of the soliltaire look BUT, I have a stack and we LOVE the combination!!!! So, I may stay in the solitaire club for a long time :wink2:

As for your solitaire LLJsmom, I'm not sure why you don't "feel" it.... If it is true that every stone has it's own character, maybe this stone's personality doesn't speak to/for you??? If it is strictly DSS, then I have shortlisted VC's flushed Emilya as a potential. Perhaps that could work for you to alleviate DSS??? In any case, you have a gorgeous solitaire!!!!

jeweluv

Rough_Rock

Hi Jimmianne, your mom's ring is so pretty on your hand!!! Love the history!!!

jeweluv

Rough_Rock
hathalove|1395335987|3638008 said:

Hathalove, plain looks very solid and really lets your diamond shine!! I like it too! However, do go ahead and get yourself another blinged up band with similar width so you can switch the look and/or stack.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is the sweetest thing! I did already have a diamond, but I did get my upgrade diamond after joining PS for our 30th! I am so glad you now will enjoy wearing it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving all the new additions to this thread! :love:
I really puffy heart solitaires. :love: They are timeless and classic and elegant!

krimisha

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1395377190|3638538 said:

Wow, that is the sweetest thing! I did already have a diamond, but I did get my upgrade diamond after joining PS for our 30th! I am so glad you now will enjoy wearing it!

what a heart felt story of love & affection. the story makes your blings even more beautiful. god bless you with health & happiness & togetherness.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Classics stand the test of time. Lovely that you can wear it now. Cheers!!

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Wow: I love this thread and the rings, the stories---TDF! I've had my ring for a month or so: 4.49 carat antique cushion, SI1, 3.5 ring size. It's O/P in color but shows up white to my eyes most of the time. There is tint from the side. I call it Chunky Monkey :tongue: I admit it distracts me while I drive---love the sparkle and facet pattern :lickout: Thanks to all the help I got along the way from PS.

Edit: I can't figure out how to rotate the pic---it was right side up when I posted. Dang it.

chunky_monkey.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WhoaNelly|1395434428|3638991 said:
Wow: I love this thread and the rings, the stories---TDF! I've had my ring for a month or so: 4.49 carat antique cushion, SI1, 3.5 ring size. It's O/P in color but shows up white to my eyes most of the time. There is tint from the side. I call it Chunky Monkey :tongue: I admit it distracts me while I drive---love the sparkle and facet pattern :lickout: Thanks to all the help I got along the way from PS.

Edit: I can't figure out how to rotate the pic---it was right side up when I posted. Dang it.

Oh, love your new ring! :love: Did we miss a big SMTB reveal on it?! :cheeky:

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
mom2boys|1395434975|3639002 said:

Thanks Mom2boys! Didn't do a SMTB thread . . . I take it that's a hint! :cheeky:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WhoaNelly|1395437133|3639030 said:

Thanks Mom2boys! Didn't do a SMTB thread . . . I take it that's a hint! :cheeky:

Uhhhh.... YEAH. yay!! New sparklies to gawk at! Hurry, hurry...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1395465081|3639219 said:
WhoaNelly|1395437133|3639030 said:

Uhhhh.... YEAH. yay!! New sparklies to gawk at! Hurry, hurry...

OMG!!!!! GORGEOUS. :love: Need a thread on this beauty ASAP please. :appl:

chunky_0.jpg

riamehta

Rough_Rock
wow its amazing collection..!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[/quote]Classics stand the test of time. Lovely that you can wear it now. Cheers!![/quote]

Thanks to you!
and everyone who reposted my ring photo and made her a star for a few minutes. It means a lot to me to share and have her get recognition. :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, do you know what color/clarity your mother's ering is? It looks like such a beautiful stone!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1395509302|3639416 said:
Jimmianne, do you know what color/clarity your mother's ering is? It looks like such a beautiful stone!
If I recall correctly it's a G/VVS2. Exactly my own "sweet spot" these days : )
It's really starting to sing to me. When I first came on PS and posted that I didn't know what to do with it, I thought is was gigantic and didn't realize how pretty it was. I knew it had sparkle, but I didn't know one iota about cut. Now I realize what I have ---- and it's not only this beautiful thing, but I also have an ongoing severe case of OCD diamond fever :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results