shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your Right Hand Ring photos here, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mymulan

Rough_Rock
Hi DiaDiva,

Here is the closeup of my ring. The center stone is a half carat diamond and it is surrounded by 8 marquis diamonds. It is set in 18k white gold (rhodium plated too) I like the design but I have to say that the marquis does not sparkle like the center stone..... hehe.

flowerring.jpg

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
hi mymulan
35.gif
your rings are lovely. could you describe the heart ring please? are there some yellow stones mixed with the white? platinum or wg? thanks! banjo

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have a question for all the RHR fanatics, uh, I mean enthusiasts like myself: How many RHRs can you have? i love mine but am starting to think I should not get anymore, even though I see ones my jeweler has that are just amazing (you ladies would flip--what deisgns).... is there such a thing as too many RHRs??????
32.gif
6.gif
2.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2005 11:22:53 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
I have a question for all the RHR fanatics, uh, I mean enthusiasts like myself: How many RHRs can you have? i love mine but am starting to think I should not get anymore, even though I see ones my jeweler has that are just amazing (you ladies would flip--what deisgns).... is there such a thing as too many RHRs??????
32.gif
6.gif
2.gif
No, never heard of too many rings. That sounds like blasphemy.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Here are most of my RH rings...and I don''t think I have NEARLY enough...
5.gif

jewelry box.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 12:09:37 AM
Author: sjz
Here are most of my RH rings...and I don't think I have NEARLY enough...
5.gif
WOWEE! We need close-ups, thank you very much!
30.gif
3.gif

OK-I am convinced...I do not have enough...and how do I REALLY know this????????? I have the same jewelry box (mini safekeeper, right?
2.gif
) and I only have one of the two rings trays filled--I have post-back earrings in the other.

I have lots of work to do....
31.gif

ETA: mymulan, I love that ring!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, same jewelery box. I should have got the bigger one! I''ll work on getting some closeups soon. I don''t take very good pictures, and have been having troubles lately getting my pics to post.

You do have a lot of work to do if you only have one side of your ring tray full! I''m shocked! But I am been buying rings for a looooong time, and many of those were gifts, too.

One day soon I''ll open up the box and let you guys see what''s inside...There''s tons more. I''ve got a huge drawer full of costume jewelry and watches in my dresser as well. I think I must be some kind of obsessive shopper...lol.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
6.gif
2.gif
The rational part of my head says I have too many especially since I usually wear only my ering and wedding band. My RHRs just don't get enough exposure because I'm get self-conscious of looking like an over-ornamental Christmas tree if I wear too much bling at one time. I typically have earrings, chain/pendant, ering/wedding rings plus watch so when I add my RHR, it sometimes seem just too much. What do you think?

And mymulan, I still think that's a very nice ring even if you think the marquise don't sparkle enough. I guess that's just the way marquises are.

mymulan

Rough_Rock
Hi Banjo,

Thanks!!! :)

My heart ring is made out of platinum. It is the first ring I bought for myself 10 years ago. It is also my first custom piece. I couldn''t afford heart diamonds so I had to settle with diamond studded heart... ha ha

It is made of platinum with 20 2 pointers studded to fill the heart. (The spaces between the diamonds are filled with plat beads) Then there are 2 rows of channel set diamonds (5 stones each row) on each side of the ring.

I know the initial picture looked yellow but that is because I have halogen lighting in the room. The diamonds are are very white actually.

It''s late now, so this is another shot of the heart ring...

heartring.JPG

mymulan

Rough_Rock
I mean to say "it is late now, so the pic I posted was was the best in the current lighting condition."
emsmile.gif

mymulan

Rough_Rock
the last pic was not that good.
7.gif

The heart is actually puffed like initial photo....

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 12:29:56 AM
Author: DiaDiva

32.gif
6.gif
2.gif
The rational part of my head says I have too many especially since I usually wear only my ering and wedding band. My RHRs just don''t get enough exposure because I''m get self-conscious of looking like an over-ornamental Christmas tree if I wear too much bling at one time. I typically have earrings, chain/pendant, ering/wedding rings plus watch so when I add my RHR, it sometimes seem just too much. What do you think?

And mymulan, I still think that''s a very nice ring even if you think the marquise don''t sparkle enough. I guess that''s just the way marquises are.
If I wear a bracelet, I won''t wear a RHR to work. I try to balance the necklace with the earrings--the bigger the earring, the more understated the necklace. For example, if i wear my hoops, I''ll wear the .5 bezel set solitaire pendant vs a larger one. If I wear my flower necklace, I do an understated earring--even hair-thin 2 in diameter silver hoops....

For work, it''s about balance...but Sat. nights or when e go out to parties/weddings, bling is really in out here. Thank goodness for me!
2.gif
9.gif

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
21.gif
thanks mymulan! the ring is lovely.

jennifer, i have a lot more age on me than most here and i have a little bit of a different take on the rhr''s. over the years i indulged my craving and have acquired more than i can wear. i now wear mostly my basic classics. i sometimes think, if i had invested all the cash i have spent on the multitude of items, on one or two really stellar items i would be happier with that. but, then again i really wanted them when i bought them. just something to think about. banjo

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
32.gif
6.gif
2.gif
My wife thinks she has too many, in part because of the difficulty of deciding what to wear. Like many others here, she is a minimalist regarding her daily jewelry and, with respect to rings, never wears more than her e-ring and w-ring on her left hand and one RHR, even when formally dressed. Nonetheless, I enjoyed getting them for her. A hand photo of her gemstone RHRs is posted earlier in this thread and she has about an equal number of diamond RHRs.

BTW, SJZ''s jewelry box is spectacular, as is your collection Jen.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 10:41:11 AM
Author: GemKlctr

32.gif
6.gif
2.gif
My wife thinks she has too many, in part because of the difficulty of deciding what to wear. Like many others here, she is a minimalist regarding her daily jewelry and, with respect to rings, never wears more than her e-ring and w-ring on her left hand and one RHR, even when formally dressed. Nonetheless, I enjoyed getting them for her. A hand photo of her gemstone RHRs is posted earlier in this thread and she has about an equal number of diamond RHRs.

BTW, SJZ''s jewelry box is spectacular, as is your collection Jen.
Actually, sometimes I do think that I have too many rings, but somehow I just keep aquiring more! Many of them were gifts or peices I inherited from my grandmother and my MIL. Funny thing, I am also a minimalist regarding how much I wear at any given time. I only wear rings on my "ring finger" on either hand, a watch on the left, usually only one bracelet on the right, my pendants are all fairly simple, and I usually only wear studs or hoop earrings. I do often vary which solitaire and wedding band I wear on my left hand, and change off frequently as to what RH ring I wear, so most of my rings to get regular outings. There are a handful that I seldom or rarely wear, though. Mostly because they no longer fit well on my ring finger, and I haven''t gotten around to having them re-sized.

And thank your for your compliment on my jewelry box!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My collection--although my mobi pearl seems to be MIA

multi.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 10:13:46 AM
Author: thebanjodog
21.gif
thanks mymulan! the ring is lovely.

jennifer, i have a lot more age on me than most here and i have a little bit of a different take on the rhr's. over the years i indulged my craving and have acquired more than i can wear. i now wear mostly my basic classics. i sometimes think, if i had invested all the cash i have spent on the multitude of items, on one or two really stellar items i would be happier with that. but, then again i really wanted them when i bought them. just something to think about. banjo
Very, very astute point, banjo.
1.gif
The thought crosses my mind.... But I do love all my rings--I don't have regrets there (as in "why did I ever buy THAT???
32.gif
)... I get rings to clebrate things and each is special and a momento of whatever thing/accomplishment it represents. I also like different designs and my jeweler has really beautiful items--many are coversation pieces. Since I have an ering I love, I don't need another big stone personally... However, I think it is time to slow down regardless.
2.gif

Sharon: your things are just stunning--very elegant, tineless collection.

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
jennifer i fully understand your point of view. i have given many things to my daughter and thought why don''t i give her much more but i still have the desire to know they are there if i want them. i once thought that i had to have one of every different gem stone and was on my way to getting that done.

now i am thinking things like if i sold some of those items i am not wearing i wouldn''t feel guilty buying 2 carat studs for each ear. anything to justify buying a trinket. enjoy your pretties. banjo

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
jennifer i just saw the piece about jewelia on inside edition. when that story first broke i was reminded of my last want. that was a riviera necklace similiar to jewelia. i wasn''t having any thoughts on sharing it with anybody. it is times like that when i think why didn''t i buy something like that instead of several smaller pieces. i was actually searching the net for such a necklace and found a few. i didn''t even tell my husband what i was thinking. banjo

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 1:00:33 PM
jennifer i just saw the piece about jewelia on inside edition. when that story first broke i was reminded of my last want. that was a riviera necklace similiar to jewelia. i wasn''t having any thoughts on sharing it with anybody. it is times like that when i think why didn''t i buy something like that instead of several smaller pieces. i was actually searching the net for such a necklace and found a few. i didn''t even tell my husband what i was thinking. banjo
OMG--I am being fueled by "jewelia" insanity too--I HAD a GORGEOUS 13 ct diamond & platinum graduated tennis necklace on layaway at the jewelers but used the "equity" in that piece towards my 3ct ering stone (the 3 ct "popped" up and I wanted it very badly).... Now, I REGRET that decision--my jeweler had given me the deal of a lifetime....and now it''s gone
7.gif
. This was last year...with prices the way they are, God knows what it''d cost now... plus, I''d have to do another layaway and I don''t feel right asking him to make something, then not paying for it for months. The other one had been in his case....it was just there. Someone bought it a few months back. MAybe I''ll keep my eye out on his case...maybe another will pop back in there...
20.gif

emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
jennifer, i feel your pain! banjo

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 12:33:48 PM

now i am thinking things like if i sold some of those items i am not wearing i wouldn't feel guilty buying 2 carat studs for each ear. anything to justify buying a trinket. enjoy your pretties. banjo
Every so often, that same thought goes through my head, too. But then when I start going through my jewelry, trying to decide what I would sell or what I wish I hadn't bought, I start remembering why I bought the jewelry in the first place. A lot of my jewelry, especially the rings, have some sort of significance to me. Maybe it was a momento of a special occasion that I want to remember...like the bracelet I bought to wear to when I was a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding. Or the pendant I bought on our last trip to Florida. Or the ring I bought to celebrate the day the ultrasound showed I was going to have a girl! Many other things were gifts from special people, or things that were left to me from people I loved... like my grandmother's antique ring guard or my MIL's opal. There are other things that I keep because my daughter loves them, and I wish to give them to her when she's old enough to wear them. Maybe if I had saved all the money I've spent over the years on jewelry, or sold some of what I have, I wouldn't feel bad about buying myself one extravagant mother of all jewels. But as it is, I have a whole jewelry box full of memories and special items that all have a story of their own that I remember every time I see them.

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
sjz. your thoughts are reasonable. my husband would reply that everything is paid for and you have no reason to sell any of your things. of course, he is correct but i just hesitate to buy more jewelry items knowing i have so many i am not wearing. i am pretty minimal in what i wear. my husband is just now buying me a lovely anniversary gift and i am feeling a little guilty. my daughter will be getting all of my things some day and i send her something every so often just because. but when i see something that i like i start that, oh if i didn''t have all of this other stuff i might get that. the older i get the more i think about things like this. keep filling those jewelry chests. banjo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2005 2:39:44 PM

Date: 8/19/2005 1:00:33 PM
Author:
I HAD a GORGEOUS 13 ct diamond & platinum graduated tennis necklace on layaway at the
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
HI Jen:

You know I too have always longed for a large diamond tennis necklace, but have thought the better of it b/c I believed I would not wear it much. That was until I saw the diamonds Wink used in my diamond bangle and my thoughts turned immediately to having something custom made--but on a much smaller scale. The diamonds are SO beautiful that 4 or 5 pointers would just do the trick for me--that would be sufficient sparkle and I would be well satisfied
emlove.gif
. Now to convince my husband this should be a new jewellery project........

I have no daughters, but I recycle my jewellery to my friends and sisters.. I feel good about seeing them enjoy "new" peices, and in turn I feel getting new things is not so unreasonable.

cheers--Sharon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2005 3:10:36 PM
Author: sjz

Date: 8/19/2005 12:33:48 PM

now i am thinking things like if i sold some of those items i am not wearing i wouldn''t feel guilty buying 2 carat studs for each ear. anything to justify buying a trinket. enjoy your pretties. banjo
Every so often, that same thought goes through my head, too. But then when I start going through my jewelry, trying to decide what I would sell or what I wish I hadn''t bought, I start remembering why I bought the jewelry in the first place. A lot of my jewelry, especially the rings, have some sort of significance to me. Maybe it was a momento of a special occasion that I want to remember...like the bracelet I bought to wear to when I was a bridesmaid in my sister''s wedding. Or the pendant I bought on our last trip to Florida. Or the ring I bought to celebrate the day the ultrasound showed I was going to have a girl! Many other things were gifts from special people, or things that were left to me from people I loved... like my grandmother''s antique ring guard or my MIL''s opal. There are other things that I keep because my daughter loves them, and I wish to give them to her when she''s old enough to wear them. Maybe if I had saved all the money I''ve spent over the years on jewelry, or sold some of what I have, I wouldn''t feel bad about buying myself one extravagant mother of all jewels. But as it is, I have a whole jewelry box full of memories and special items that all have a story of their own that I remember every time I see them.
Well said.... My jeweler lets me trade in/up but very few pieces have gone that route. When I open the box, it'' s like, ''No, not that one...and I do love this one...and I bought this when I got that perfect review...and this one when I passed my big test"
2.gif
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
these are rings i inherited so hopefully i have the correct info on them.

first up is a pink tourmaline. it''s roughly 11 mm.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oops here''s pic.

toppink.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
from side: (sorry needs to be cleaned!!!)

side2pink.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
smokey topaz set in 14k gold. Definitely don''t wear every day!!

smokeybig.jpg

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my right hand ring!

sarahrhr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results