shape
carat
color
clarity

My Vintage Cushion In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it''s huge! Can''t wait to see it set!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that is one gorgeous stone...add me to the list of those anticipating the finished ring...

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 3:42:26 PM
Author: CrookedRock
That''s a gorgeous cushion!!! What an amazing find!!! Would you happen to know its ratio? You keep putting it east west on your finger, do you plan to set it that way?
Hi CrookedRock,

ratio is 61.5 %

When I first recieved the loose stone it just felt and looked more natural to place it east to west on me. In it''s original setting it was set north to south.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 10:24:02 PM
Author: IheartDiamonds

That''s a gorgeous cushion!!! What an amazing find!!! Would you happen to know its ratio? You keep putting it east west on your finger, do you plan to set it that way?

Hi CrookedRock,

ratio is 61.5 %

When I first recieved the loose stone it just felt and looked more natural to place it east to west on me. In it''s original setting it was set north to south.

iheartdiamonds, i think crooked rock wants to know the length to width ratio. you can find that by taking the length of your stone and dividing it by the width. it should be 1.(some number here)

the 61.5% might be the table or depth %??

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2008 10:37:14 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 3/3/2008 10:24:02 PM

Hi CrookedRock,

ratio is 61.5 %

iheartdiamonds, i think crooked rock wants to know the length to width ratio. you can find that by taking the length of your stone and dividing it by the width. it should be 1.(some number here)

the 61.5% might be the table or depth %??
Okay thanks mrssalvo,

these are the measurements: 9.25 x 8.49

61.5 is depth %

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/3/2008 2:35:09 PM

Date: 3/3/2008 10:52:06 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Oh the stone is absoultely gorgeous (from one antique cut ''hearter'' to another
2.gif
! Any chance we can talk you into taking some close up photos too
31.gif
?

I have never been to Neil Lane, although I have heard of them (who hasn''t?). I feel an itch to brave traffic in the Westside to see this place
27.gif

Quick question though: You mentioned that the stone''s GIA certification took over 2 months
6.gif
- why so? I have a 3+ carat old cut that I was going to send them to be certed but I thought that their turn around time was only 5-7 days (per their website)?

Cant wait to see more photos!!
Hi HeartingDiamonds!

I sent my stone out to GIA during the holidays so that slowed down the process, after it was certified it was sent to Chicago to have a custom ring to be made for it. I decided to not have it mounted in Chicago and had it sent back to me, so thats why it took 2 months. Sorry should had specified earlier.

I will be able to take better pics of my ring in about 2 weeks, that''s when I get it back.
I see. I was worried there for a while
9.gif

Anyway, the stone is lovely and certainly a great find! Im sooo jealous...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 12:00:30 AM

Okay thanks mrssalvo,

these are the measurements: 9.25 x 8.49

61.5 is depth %

ok, so your ratio is 1.09...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That is a fantastic stone! Congratulations on your awesome find!!

I believe you said you have pics of how you want it set, could you post them? I''d love to see them!

2CarrotPrincess

Rough_Rock
Amazing! I would set it east-west too. Can''t wait to see the finished product- I am sure whatever you decide will be spectacular with a stone like that!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... really? 1.09? It doesn''t look too square at all to go east west. I was concerned about my 1.13 being too stumpy for an east est. Good to know! Thanks for clarifying MrsS... we seem to be on the same page here. LOL!

Can''t wait to see the finished product!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:09:05 PM
Wow... really? 1.09? It doesn''t look too square at all to go east west. I was concerned about my 1.13 being too stumpy for an east est. Good to know! Thanks for clarifying MrsS... we seem to be on the same page here. LOL!

CrookedRock,

If I were you I would just place your stone east west on your finger and see how you like it. I think it''s really based on each individual stone (in this case cushions) some look better mounted east west others north south.... Thats just my opinion though
1.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Smokes. I''m about to pass out!!!!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:45:50 PM
Author: somethingshiny
That is a fantastic stone! Congratulations on your awesome find!!

I believe you said you have pics of how you want it set, could you post them? I''d love to see them!
Hi Somethingshiny,

Thanks for your compliments!!!

I have some drawings of the setting from my designer, but I don''t have a scanner so I can''t post them... I''m so happy that I found a group of gals to share my excitement and happiness with
1.gif

The kind support and happy words from you all are truly appreciated! I''m really looking forward to getting my ring and posting many pics for you all to see... I have to admit it is a bit nerve racking, now that I have so many anticipators
2.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is amazing! Soooo gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing it set! Congrats!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
wow so pretty!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
be still my beating heart. This is the kind of cushion that made me fall in love with cushions. GUSH.
We really dont see many of these - so a MASSIVE congrats on both your engagement and scoring this rare beauty!
Please come back and post the ring when it''s done.

PS. what''s your finger size????

CaliBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 2:09:05 PM

Wow- crookedrock, does this mean you FOUND a stone???!! I love the idea of setting East to west on a cushion too!!

Sorry- didn''t mean to hijack, but I know that Crookedrock has been on a quest!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
CaliBling... I made a whole thread to talk to you and you never showed up so someone else took your place...lol
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calibling-the-impossible-diamond-hunt.79595/

I am going to NYC tomorrow to check out 2 stones.... one being the one we liked in that other thread that Rhino posted.
Then we are meeting with Leon on Monday... SOOO Excited!!!

I will be chomping at the bit to share all the details of the trip when I get back on Monday night!
3.gif

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 6:41:12 PM
CaliBling... I made a whole thread to talk to you and you never showed up so someone else took your place...lol
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calibling-the-impossible-diamond-hunt.79595/

I am going to NYC tomorrow to check out 2 stones.... one being the one we liked in that other thread that Rhino posted.

I will be chomping at the bit to share all the details of the trip when I get back on Monday night!
3.gif
CrookedRock,

You got me intrigued with your diamond search... If your meeting with Leon than you must have a stone in mind? What carat size are you looking at? You mentioned in your thread it has chunky facets? Is the stone a antique? Looking forward to hearing back from you!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 4:28:19 PM
Author: mela lu
be still my beating heart. This is the kind of cushion that made me fall in love with cushions. GUSH.
We really dont see many of these - so a MASSIVE congrats on both your engagement and scoring this rare beauty!
Please come back and post the ring when it''s done.

PS. what''s your finger size????
Hi Mela Lu,

Thanks for your sweet compliments
1.gif
I am too, very much in love with my stone... Its actually getting to a point were I can''t focus on daily things
3.gif
I think it''s cuz it''s getting closer to being finished...

My finger size is a 4

RadiantMe

Rough_Rock
The diamond looks gorgeous...talk about a rare find, you definately lucked up. I wish you had some close ups but I can wait until you have the beauty set and take a photo shoot.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 10:15:13 PM

3.gif
CrookedRock,

You got me intrigued with your diamond search... If your meeting with Leon than you must have a stone in mind? What carat size are you looking at? You mentioned in your thread it has chunky facets? Is the stone a antique? Looking forward to hearing back from you!
We are going up there bc after all the work and research and people we have contacted, we only have 2 options to chose from, so one of them has to be it! We will have made our decision by tomorrow afternoon, and the meeting with Leon is Monday morning. So that gives me the wekend to play with it and see if maybe the diamond talks to me about how it wants to be set... LOL I''m sure it will talk to Leon more...

As for the stones we are choosing from they both have the big chunky facets, but I am not sure if they are antique or cut to look antique. I don''t care either way, it turns out these are extremely difficult to come by in the 3-4+ct range, which is what we want. I''ll take whatever options they can give me at this point!

What are you searching for? Maybe I can keep my eye open for you...

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 11:42:34 AM

Date: 3/5/2008 10:15:13 PM

3.gif
CrookedRock,

We are going up there bc after all the work and research and people we have contacted, we only have 2 options to chose from, so one of them has to be it! We will have made our decision by tomorrow afternoon, and the meeting with Leon is Monday morning. So that gives me the wekend to play with it and see if maybe the diamond talks to me about how it wants to be set... LOL I''m sure it will talk to Leon more...

As for the stones we are choosing from they both have the big chunky facets, but I am not sure if they are antique or cut to look antique. I don''t care either way, it turns out these are extremely difficult to come by in the 3-4+ct range, which is what we want. I''ll take whatever options they can give me at this point!

What are you searching for? Maybe I can keep my eye open for you...
lol My search is over... but thanks!

This upcomming weekend sounds like a big one for you. 3-4 carats! What size is your finger? Depending on the size of your finger, that monster might end up looking like it ate your finger
2.gif
I wonder what kind of design Leon will come up with for you? Well, good luck! Keep us posted...

Going to visit my setting tomorrow I''m sooo excited!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I'm jealous... Our search has been somewhat close to a nightmare!

I wear a size 5.25, so pretty normal I think. My fingers are very long though! I really can't wait to see what Leon comes up with too! We've talked a few times and he knows I like things totally out of the ordinary. It will be interesting bc my BF is quite traditional (the solitaire type)... LOL! I'm leaning towards a halo and the BF wants to put half moons on it... Who knows?

Would love to see yours as soon as you can get some pics.. Did you get a cushion too?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
WOW. That thing is GORGEOUS! If I were to trade in my radiant, I'd definitely get a cushion! I really like the idea of east to west, too, but I could totally see it in a vintagey solitaire setting. Yup.
30.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want one toooooooooooooooooooooooooo
21.gif
WOOOOOO JUST BEAUTIFUL!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it is just stunning! I keep checking back to see if you have your setting yet...can''t wait to see it!!!!!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 97.28%; HEIGHT: 131px">Date: 3/6/2008 12:57:41 PM
I''m jealous... Our search has been somewhat close to a nightmare!

I wear a size 5.25, so pretty normal I think. My fingers are very long though! I really can''t wait to see what Leon comes up with too! We''ve talked a few times and he knows I like things totally out of the ordinary. It will be interesting bc my BF is quite traditional (the solitaire type)... LOL! I''m leaning towards a halo and the BF wants to put half moons on it... Who knows?

Would love to see yours as soon as you can get some pics.. Did you get a cushion too?
Yup I have a vintage cushion as well... I love how instead of looking like "crushed ice" the light bounces off those chunky facets and makes the stone glitter...

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Okay everyone the ring is finally here!!!
30.gif

I think I''m going to start a new thread though....

I''ll try to get it up with pics tonight
9.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee!!

I''m not going anywhere, now!!!
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results