shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upgrade

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Re: It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upg

No way! You just made my day! Like I said I'm not around PS much anymore (I blame my 2 small children ;-) ) so I missed your journey to the ring. I'm so flattered and glad I randomly logged on tonight to see it. I'm going to make sure I check in to see what you end up with for a wedding band. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, I'm giggling - video in the grocery store, Haven you are a good PSer! What did passers by think, I wonder? :bigsmile:

It is *beautiful* - all those big chunky flashes are mesmerising!! It must be a sight IRL - I imagine Burdeen's will be seeing quite a bit of business from anyone in your area who sees it, or your pics! :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1304311280|2909750 said:
Oh, I'm giggling - video in the grocery store, Haven you are a good PSer! What did passers by think, I wonder? :bigsmile:

It is *beautiful* - all those big chunky flashes are mesmerising!! It must be a sight IRL - I imagine Burdeen's will be seeing quite a bit of business from anyone in your area who sees it, or your pics! :appl:
::) I know--I'm crazy. I practically live in that store anyway because I only go shopping for two days at a time. (We're terrible wasters if I buy more food than that, it's really shameful.) So, now they probably think I'm not only addicted to grocery shopping, but I'm also a little loopy because I was videotaping my hand in the middle of the aisle. And the risotto!
My mother accuses me of having no shame, perhaps she's right! :cheeky:
Burdeen's has gotten a lot of calls from PS lurkers, which makes me happy because I know a referral is the best "thank you" you can give to a business owner. DH owns his own business and so I know how good it feels when he gets referrals.
Now I plan on making a video in Barnes and Noble and our local mall, both locations have the most amazing lighting EVER. We have one of those tiny video cameras that looks like a cell phone, so it isn't TOO obvious . . . right? :bigsmile:

Burk--I'm so glad you saw my follow-up response. I have been drooling over your ring for a long time, and I think you have exquisite taste. Your ring should be on display somewhere, it's that beautiful. Okay, enough gushing. Sorry. I do this with favorite authors, too, I just can't stop telling them what I love about their work. 8)

I am still loving my ring, obviously. There are some huge differences between this ring and my original ering, of course, but the most noticeable is that this stone does not loose its brilliance after a few days of not cleaning it. It has stayed so crisp and beautiful despite the fact that I haven't cleaned it in ages.

I have noticed that there is some smudging from lotions and whatnot on the bottom of the stone, and this setting makes it difficult to clean that part of it, so I'm considering getting a US machine--would that be safe for this ring? But even with those smudges the stone still shines like the top of the Chrysler Building. I bet it hasn't been cleaned in two weeks, yet it still looks purty in those videos, I think.

I'm also still in love with the rose gold, which was my biggest concern going into this project. I feared I would tire of it, but instead I am loving it. I just bought some big fake rose gold hoop-like earrings at a local boutique shop, and I really love the color. I think I shall need an entirely new set of costume jewelry now to compliment my rose gold rings, don't you agree? :Up_to_something:

Anyway, I hate to keep resurrecting this thread, but now that I can operate the video camera in macro mode I imagine I'll be posting many more videos of my ring in different lighting conditions! I do think it's cool to see how different the body color is in all of the different settings.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Oh my goodness. It's so beautiful! I am so thrilled for you!

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Haven, I just saw the videos of your ring and O.M.G!! I think I need to take a little trip over Burdeen's now. Your stone is fantastic! I'm like you in that I don't much care of the maltese cross in the AVCs, but I do like the larger flashes of antique stones. Your stone is exactly the type of antique stone I love. It's gorgeous in the photos, but the videos really show it's beauty. Can't wait to see more! :love: :love: :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Haven|1304297213|2909548 said:
I promised to take video a long time ago and finally managed to do so!

The sun wasn't shining today, and I'm not exactly video camera savvy, so I have a gajillion very short videos of my ring in different lighting conditions. I wish I knew how to blend them into one, but I don't. DH is laughing at me right now because of what I just uploaded to YouTube, but hey--it's better than nothing, right?

Anyway, our camera seems to only focus if the ring is exactly the right distance from the lens, so I apologize for the blurred moments. I still think the ring looks a MILLION BAJILLION times better in real life, but the videos ARE better than pictures, at least.

If anyone's still interested, I uploaded far too many mediocre videos here :cheeky: :
http://www.youtube.com/user/HavenPS?feature=mhum

Not sure how I missed this but glad I went back and checked!

LOVE watching the videos!!! Thanks for sharing Haven. :wavey: Your ring is soooo lovely!!!!! :love:

(My DH and kids always laugh at me for watching diamond videos. I have a few sites that I've bookmarked for easy access and watch them regularly. Such is the life of a diamond addict. :bigsmile: ;)))

Cachette :))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hey, Haven! Did you ever come across Tiger007's OMC ring? I was looking through the 3 ct.+ thread (https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...w-me-your-rings-w-3ct-centers-t27384-270.html), and I had to do a double-take, because while I intellectually knew that it was an old thread, that yours was set in rose gold, etc., etc., the "family resemblance" caught my eye. Thought it might tickle you - I just know I'm over here drooling over both!

Tiger007s 3.08 M SI 2.JPG

tiger007s 3.08 M SI 1.JPG

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ooooooooooh, Circe! Look at that gorgeous stone! :love: :cheeky: :lickout: Thank you for sharing her in this thread! I'm going to sit and drool over these pictures for a bit now. Oh, so yummy. (And I must say that extra size/weight is delicious, too.)

Thank you, Cachette! I do feel like a crazy person taking videos of my stone in public, but what am I to do? I HAVE to have something to share with my PS friends!

Portia--Ooh, you should go in and check them out. If you tell Matt or Annie that you saw my ring on PS he'll know exactly who you mean and what ring. I sent them the thread so Matt could see what everyone was saying about his handiwork. :)) He always has some huge project going on, too, so he might have something fun to show you.

Thank you, April! I'm really enjoying this ring!

I was so surprised to see this thread resurrected, but boy was it a delicious surprise to find that gorgeous ring in here. Thanks again, Circe!

P.S. I haven't worn my ring in several days because I had oral surgery on Monday and have been weepy and sleepy since then. SO, I just went and put it back on and it's like having a brand new ring all over again. I was thinking it wasn't all that big last week, and now it just looks huge to me. Lovely what some time apart can do to one's perception.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock

Haven it's SOOOO stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I watched your videos, what a fire ball, it has to be one of the nicest OMBs I have ever seen, that stone's alive!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's so fiery and yummy! You must be thrilled!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

OK, so I had not checked back in here after first looking, but just now say those videos... how wonderful! Totally better to see videos than still phots. After all, diamonds are all about the life in them, and you can't get that in a still photo. Your diamond is stunning. I am surprised at the tone/color of the stone. It should look fairly tinted given its grade, but it seems to me its base color is not yellow or brown, but perhaps grey? There is a steely quality to the stone that actually reminds me a little of my own diamond, which I suspect does not have a yellow tint but more of a steely tint. I love it!

And isn't it fun to wear your ring again after a break? My ring has been in a box now for a week or so, my fingers finally got too swollen from pregnancy that I cannot wear it anymore. I miss it terribly, but I also know I will appreciate it much more once I get it back on again! Especially if I reset it before I wear it again :Up_to_something:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer--You are very perceptive! (But I already knew that.) Yes, this stone has a steely tint to it in most lights. It makes me wonder if the yellow that I do see is due to the fancy yellow melee that my jeweler set under the culet. Whatever it is, I really love it, and I love the way the stone looks in every lighting situation.

What a bummer that you can't wear your ring right now, but yes--it is going to feel all fresh and new once you can put it on again. (Especially if it's in a new setting. Will it be in a new setting? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmm? :Up_to_something: )

Thank you AsscherHalo and MapleFemme!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock

I love your solitaire so so so very much. It's an inspiration :love:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

Oh...my...where's the jaw hit the desk smiley? That's just...YOWZA...somehow the ring's beauty has managed to blind my ability to speak rather than my vision, but that's just...WOW!!!!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

So in conclusion um...I love it.

:appl:

Please post more pictures. Whenever you want, just go for it. More videos too please.

YUM.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you MrsBettyBoop and Porridge! (You have me laughing out loud here, by the way, Porridge. Love your post!)

I was so excited to see this thread back on the main page because I tried searching for it and couldn't get the function to work, so a double thank you! I didn't bring my ring with me on our vacation to Europe, so I'm just now wearing it again after two weeks without it. I had serious ring withdrawal, and now it just looks ENORMOUS to me, so it's really fun all over again! And if you want more pictures, I suppose I can't disappoint my friends . . . :bigsmile:

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock

What a beautiful stone and setting! :love: It's super pretty and soooo sparkly in the videos. I really like it with the band you have on in the videos too. Can't wait for more pics!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock

More pics please! I totally just bought that twist band too... I'm stealing your whole style. :naughty:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you, SweetPea and MrsB!

I just used my Jewel Jet to clean my ring and took some before and after shots. It's amazing, because with this stone I always say that it still sparkles even when it's filthy, but when I look at these shots I can't believe how dirty it really gets! I didn't clean it for about two months because I was out of town, and didn't have room in my luggage for my steam cleaner. :cheeky:

I should thank Andrey and Wink once again for the amazing Jewel Jet. I love it! Thank you!!!!
Dirtyringcleanring.jpg

And I just really like this shot of the stone:
IMG_0601.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock

Wow the difference with cleaning is amazing! Absolutely adore this ring :love:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

Haven, I'm so glad that I found this thread. I have been contemplating changing my 6-prong solitaire to a 4-prong version. I kept thinking that it's a silly thing to do, but then I saw your thread and now there's no going back. I love every detail on your ring! :love: Does your jeweler handle out-of-state clients? Also, I have a modern RB, 1.5ct, 7.5mm. Do you think this setting would work on my stone?

Anyhoo, I know that this is an old thread but I just can't help posting. I'm very excited to have found your ring. :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you JuneRose and SapphireRing!

Sapphire--Yes, I believe my jeweler takes out-of-state clients. Here's his contact information:
Matt Burdeen
1-800-656-0414
Local #847.459.8980
Email : [email protected]

I would work with Matt since he's the one who created my ring with me.

As for this setting, I'm a bit biased but yes, I think it would look amazing with your RB. :cheeky:

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock

Very nice!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Haven. In my excitement I called Burdeen right away and spoke with Brandon. He is working with Matt to give me a quote. I am thinking about doing double prongs (since I love the look) but I'm not sure if my stone is big enough to take it without looking busy.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock

:o :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: (where's a jaw-dropping smiley when I need one?!!)

Holy schnikes, Haven, this ring is PHENOMENAL!! The stone is amazing, the design is gorgeous, and the rose gold so dainty and beautiful and different...ahhh, I am madly in love with this ring. Absolutely perfect. LoveLoveLOVE.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous ring, simply stunning!

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Haven, I don't know that I ever commented on this, but I am totally in love with your ring. Like...more in love than is reasonable, in an I-sent-this-to-my-friend-with-a-note-saying-in-case-my-BF-decides-to-propose-this-is-what-I-want kind of way.

Can't wait to get home and watch the video!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock

Soooooo lovely! The stone and setting look like a match made in heaven, Haven :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can't believe this thread is still around! I was just thinking about how I got my ring about a year ago this week, and then I came into SMTB and here it is.

Gwennie, Diamond Dana, Princesss, & Snicklefritz--Thanks, ladies! Your comments made my day. :))

Princesss--I pulled the videos down because they're against PS policy. :blackeye: I'm sorry! I wish there was a legal way to share videos of our stones on PS, I really do! Because you all know I've taken more of them since the grocery story. :cheeky: It would be so fun if you got a ring that looked like mine. They'd be cousins!

Converse

Rough_Rock

I’m sorry to resurrect an old thread (but let’s be honest, who wouldn’t love to see Haven’s beautiful ring again).

Haven - My girlfriend has been a long-time lurker on this site and has been coveting your ring forever. She thinks it is absolute perfection and beyond gorgeous. She said she adores its elegant simplicity. Ever since I asked her what she’s looking for in an engagement ring, she’s been looking at your ring on a daily basis, haha! I think she’s in love.

I hope I don’t come across as rude, as that in not my intention. I joined this site so that I could ask you if it would be okay to replicate your ring. I understand that you designed this ring and I do not want to begin the process of contacting Burdeen’s for a price quote (I’m not even sure if it’s even within my budget yet) or go about looking for another, more affordable jeweler unless you give us your blessing. Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your ring with us. It really is stunning.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Converse--I'm flattered! Thank you so much.

Your friend and anyone else who wants to replicate my ring has my blessing. Matt contacts me every time someone calls him and asks for a replica, and I'm just so beyond flattered every time. I wouldn't have put the pictures on PS if I wasn't comfortable with that possibility, anyway.

Have you seen Vav2006's ring? It's reminiscent of mine, but with a really lovely twist:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-antique-cushion-engagement-ring.176161/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results