shape
carat
color
clarity

do you ever check your FICO score?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just in case someone else is messing up your credit?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep! one of my credit cards has it as a perk, and i can view other things as well. it's very handy for monitoring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t routinely pay the extra to check the FICO score, but I do routinely go over my credit report to make sure everything''s right.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
yes, I have. I needed to know. Kind of like getting your report card. The suspense was killing me.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Yep! Once every 6 months. I work at an automobile dealership so it doesn''t cost me anything. It''s a good idea to check it twice a year so no one steals your identity and if they do, you find out soon and can stop it before it gets worse.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
No. FICO score generally isn''t necessary to see if someone''s screwing around with your credit. But, I should check my credit report a lot more often to see if I am a victim of id theft.

I''m ok right now cuz I''m in the middle of applying for a home loan.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Not FICO score but I do check my credit report at least once a year.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yup, just last week I got my 3 in one credit report and fico score. I do it once a year and was very pleased with my score :)

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Yes as a matter of fact I do. I had a scare where my cell phone was shut off last year and when I called the cell company they said that my ss# was given and the person said my phone was stolen
6.gif
I started freaking out and signed up to get updates every time something is reported on my credit so I get free reports as a result. I think the cell phone thing was a mistake as I would think if someone had my info they''d do more than just turn off my cell phone
38.gif
I worked in banking for many years and was a lender so I have that need to know my credit score. My husband always gets pissed since mine is higher than his and we both have excellent credit
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2006 12:31:55 AM
Author: Small
My husband always gets pissed since mine is higher than his and we both have excellent credit
9.gif
same here. my wife was pissed
29.gif
we both have Ex credit ,but she don't understand why mine was higher.
9.gif
i was LMAO

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
LOL, mine always runs about 15 points higher than my husbands. We both have excellent credit but he does not understand why mine is higher! Before he met me he use to open those store credit cards for the 10% discount then cancel after he bought. When we met I told him STOP doing that! It lowers your credit! Too many inquiries, too many open cards and then closed. Each and every stupid store card he ever opened is on his report to this day! He has not done that in 12 years but they still are on there as closed. I will teach my kids its not worth the discount. I wonder if thats still holding his down? Its still in the highest percentage but lower than mine

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 12:09:55 AM
Author: asscherisme
Yup, just last week I got my 3 in one credit report and fico score. I do it once a year and was very pleased with my score :)
when we bought this house a year ago one of my scores came back over 900 LOL It was higher than my dh and I haven''t worked for 12 years!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, not the FICO. I check my credit at least once a year though. That reminds me, I''ve been wanting to sign up with those credit monitoring services, but I keep forgetting. Thanks for the reminder DF!

As for my FICO, every single time I apply for a loan, I find out what it is, so I''m not too worried about it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2006 1:42:15 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

when we bought this house a year ago one of my scores came back over 900 LOL It was higher than my dh and I haven''t worked for 12 years!
over 900?
33.gif
the highest possible FICO score is 850
34.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 4:52:09 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/20/2006 1:42:15 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

over 900?
33.gif
34.gif
Whatever the broker did, he got several scores from different whatevers and he laughed when he told me the above... I don''t think it was a composite score - if that''s what a FICO is. This is out of my realm... my dh is the one who deals with most of that stuff, I''ve no interest in it LOL Other than that I thought the above was amusing and the three of us had a hearty chuckle over that.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I am new here so I don''t want to impose by jumping in on everyone''s conversations but I check my credit report every 3 months and my FICO every 1-2 years. I have been the victim of identity theft twice THIS YEAR, in January someone opened a credit card in my name and just a month ago, someone stole my check card number after I purchased something over the internet and charged $600.00 to my card. Therefore, I am a little more meticulous probably than others. I will tell you from experience it''s much easier to clear something up right after it happens rather than finding out much later on that this has happened to you and your credit is in the garbage.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I just did a few days ago. I knew my FICO was high because . . . well, I just knew, but I wanted to see. Very pleased with results!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I also go over my credit report once a year, but don''t pay for the FICO score...however, we bought a new car last week and the dealer gave us a disclosure form with our FICO scores on it! He told us it''s a new law (at least in CA, don''t know about other states) that when they run a credit report, they have to disclose the score of the potential buyer...

Our scores were great!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
over 900?
33.gif
34.gif
Actually, we found out the following this last weekend:

Equifax has ranges from 350 to 950

Experian has ranges from 250 to 950

TransUnion has ranges from 250 to 900

I always thought the top was 850 as well....guess that's changed too?!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, do lenders or whoever take the range of the reporting service in mind when evaluating your score? Or do they standardize it?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2006 4:33:19 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna

over 900?
33.gif
34.gif
Actually, we found out the following this last weekend:

Equifax has ranges from 350 to 950

Experian has ranges from 250 to 950

TransUnion has ranges from 250 to 900

I always thought the top was 850 as well....guess that''s changed too?!
just last week i was told the highest possible FICO score was 850. maybe different credit report Co''s use different #''s??
33.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
The credit agencies recently adopted a new credit scoring system . . . the highest used to be 850 but now it can be higher.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 11:11:40 PM
Author: portoar
The credit agencies recently adopted a new credit scoring system . . . the highest used to be 850 but now it can be higher.
when was the change? I got the over 900 over a year ago.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 4:39:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
So, do lenders or whoever take the range of the reporting service in mind when evaluating your score? Or do they standardize it?
I believe there''s a minimum standardization that companies are looking for. The car dealership showed that anyone with a FICO of 740+ would get the lowest finance interest rate. Then they did a range...something like 700-739, 650-699, 600-649 ... etc. and the lower the score, the higher the interest rate. This dealership actually left the breakdown in public view, so you knew exactly what the interest rate would be upon getting your score.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if your FICO score is high you will get the lowest rate from any bank and when we went to pick up my wife''s new car, the dealership said....just take the car home and send us a check within 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results