I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is AWESOME, DeeJay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What type of man wants to be married to me? A very patient one with bad taste in women! :wacko: :loopy: he really is a saint to put up with my wide and wise ass.

Anyways I've been bugging him for over a month to PLEASE check his timekeeper and verify how many paid time off days he has remaining. He's been really blahhhh about going to work, so I suggested he take a day off here and there, but he had to first get the count of remaining days.

He comes home today and tells me he took tomorrow off - yay! And me and my mouth :naughty: I quickly spit out, "oh, I better tell my boyfriend not to come over tomorrow." He's not even fazed... :lol: anyways, he's got 14 days remaining!!! Hot damn! We aren't taking any vacations this year, and every day I don't work I don't get paid, either... So I think the plan is for him to take every other Monday or Friday off on weeks without holidays. I hope the longer weekends let him have the me time he needs.

I've made optional plans for him to accompany a neighbor if the neighbor does either of these two things - get fixtures out of a Victorian house before its flattened, or go to an auction house in Manhattan to preview what will Be up for auction on Saturday. DH really likes this neighbor and he loves to do new things so if these activities happen, cool. If not, DH will enjoy sleeping in and watching tv and playing with the cats. I'm so happy that DH is taking steps to put himself first not me or work. :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I like gardening my tiny front and bAck yards! I've slowly collected the bigger rocks in the ground and am making a rock border for my bed. The property is graded (down), so I'm hoping the rocks slow down the runaway mulch and soil when storms are crazy. Also, I don't want the landscapers to edge with their shovels. I don't want to risk nicking or cutting my cable cord again. It WAS buried, and when it surfaced, I saw a nick :wall: .

I planted 13 heucheras end of last week and despite the heat they're surviving! Only one heuchera got mixed up in the order. It had the right tag but was the wrong plant :lol: the vendor did upgrade some plants to 2 Qts and threw in a free gift plant, so it was all good. I just ordered a bunch of mini hostas tonight for my front garden. I see now which direction the water goes when it comes out of the leader, and want to plant the hosta to prevent the soil erosion. Soil and mulch bunching is one thing, but boy was it a pain to scoop back the soil and mulch that went over my railroad ties!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB I am so jealous. Planting season effectively ended here about a month ago - it's just not wise to plant when the soil is mostly clay and the daytime highs are consistently in the 90's or higher. But... if all the stuff I planted at my father's house earlier this summer survives the summer, it should do real well next year....

Anyhow, congrats on all you got done today!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ever notice how the people who take orders at Starbuck's always as for your name and write it on the cup, but the people who make and serve the drinks almost never call the name? :confused:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've noticed that, too, VR Beauty, when I'm buying in the suburbs! But when I worked in the city and went for my morning coffee at 8:30, they always called out names because of the sheer volume of drinks and customers in and out during peak time.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea who this person is (the story about her posting a pic of her ring was in my google entertainment news feed) but I appreciate that she took a short Instagram video of her ring (she should get honorary PS status for this): https://www.instagram.com/p/BJB8zYahuhs/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1471410278|4066794 said:
canuk-gal|1471382613|4066670 said:

Complimentary shipping - that might make it do-able! (Verrrry pretty, BTW!)

LOVE. :love: :love: :love:

What a gorgeous ring. Sharon, you need this ring. Come to think of it so do I but since I cannot get this I would be thrilled for you to add it to your collection. :appl: :love:
And as VRBeauty wrote you cannot beat complimentary shipping. :cheeky: :halo:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1471429494|4066827 said:
VRBeauty|1471410278|4066794 said:
canuk-gal|1471382613|4066670 said:

Complimentary shipping - that might make it do-able! (Verrrry pretty, BTW!)

LOVE. :love: :love: :love:

What a gorgeous ring. Sharon, you need this ring. Come to think of it so do I but since I cannot get this I would be thrilled for you to add it to your collection. :appl: :love:
And as VRBeauty wrote you cannot beat complimentary shipping. :cheeky: :halo:

You guys are the BEST!!! Complimentary shipping, VR,..... good one!!! :bigsmile: :lol:LOLOLOLOooooooo

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I pulled a muscle in my hip making the bed... :rolleyes:

#IFeelOld

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1471618222|4067665 said:

#IFeelOld

I really need to stop reading these threads quickly---I cannot tell you what I thought you wrote! (OKOK making and bed had something to do with it... :saint: :tongue: )

Get well soon!!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1471621862|4067690 said:
Dee*Jay|1471618222|4067665 said:

#IFeelOld

I really need to stop reading these threads quickly---I cannot tell you what I thought you wrote! (OKOK making and bed had something to do with it... :saint: :tongue: )

Get well soon!!

cheers--Sharon

Ha! I wish it had been something like THAT :naughty: and not what it really was! Lift bottom of mattress... Tuck in flat sheet... Yelp in pain... !

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen my father in 12 years. He is an alcoholic and I couldn't take it any more. When he isn't drinking (like the year he was on probation... yeah, that is great when teachers ask about family!), he is kind and thoughtful and a good listener. Unfortunately, I have only known the alcoholic him (except that one year) who is very angry and hurtful. I ended contact after (yet another) phone conversation where he blamed me for not calling more often ("How are your fingers? Oh! They weren't broken? Why couldn't you dial a phone?") and put down every last choice I had made about my life (getting a job, living on my own, working to one day go to school). It wasn't just the one call. It was a lifetime of hearing him tell people that he only had us visit (my brother and I every other weekend -- well, one night of the weekend) to hurt our mother. Of him going out to the bar and leaving us alone (on the one day we saw him) without so much as having food in the house for dinner (with careful searching, I usually found a few bits of cereal in the bottom of a box or a package of top ramen -- enough at least to give my little brother some food). Of freezing with just a thin blanket (that I would put over my little brother) with the windows open in winter so he could smoke inside. The memories of life before my mother left him where I would hide under my blankets all night and pray to whatever god was out there to not let the police come again. The nightmares where I relived walking down the stairs to get to the bathroom only to see my dad try to throw a heavy wood/glass table at my mom. The phone call was just the last thing I could take.

I told my aunt (his sister) to pass on to him that I would love to hear from him when he quit drinking. Send an email or call or whatever. But not until he quit drinking. She did not respect that and tried to force (and trick) me into spending time with him so I drifted further from her too. We lost touch and only got back in contact when I set up a FB account last year.

So now I am torn.
My dad is sick and in the hospital again. Apparently he was in the hospital with a pancreas attack earlier and never really recovered and now it has hit hard again and he is back. He has a cyst on his pancreas.
I know nothing else.

I ended contact and was (almost always) at peace with that. I always hoped he would quit drinking and have a happy life.

I don't know if I want to visit him (supposedly he misses me) or not. I don't know if I will hurt more going to see him or just keeping going with my life.

I am also sick to death of losing all of my family to alcohol. (my understanding is pancreas issues are usually brought on by drinking).

Anyway,
Just needed to get that out somewhere. I'm trying to keep it all together and deal with all we have going on right now. Just having somewhere to type this all has helped some.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient...It made be so sad to read about your childhood. I can see why you are so torn.

2 question to answer...has he quit drinking (or is this just temporary since he is in the hospital)? Is this a life or death
situation for your dad?

I can only tell you how I would feel or how I would act (I think).

If he has not quit drinking, and he will likely recover, then I would probably do nothing.
If he most likely will not make it out of the hospital and this very well could be the end then I would probably go have my final words
with him.

Of course there are no right answers and whatever you are comfortable with is the right answer. I hope you are able to come to
a resolution that you are at peace with.

tyty

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a toughie to deal with, TP. You are definitely a smart cookie and I think that you will make the right decision for you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big hugs to you TP, I'm so sorry for all you've been through, alcoholism is such a devastating disease and everyone in the family is affected by it - there is no right or wrong answer, do whatever is in your heart and don't feel guilty for any choice you make, just do what's right for you. I'm sending thoughts of comfort and peace to you (((hugs)))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH does not know how to use saran wrap. No kidding.

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1472833479|4072590 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know and I still screw it up! I end up with it all stuck together and have to spend 5 minutes trying to unstick it!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Let me guess, the scenario ends up with the Saran Wrap being a messy ball and your husband walking away asking you to fix whatever he has started. I think it's a man thing. Mine also doesn't know how to use it.

Callie

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient, TyTy and Junebug have given you excellent advice. I wish there was something more I could add other than please do what feels best for you and don't feel quilty about it. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this and all the memories the situation is bringing back to you. There really aren't any right or wrong answers. Please just take care of you. Only you know what will work best for you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1472834767|4072600 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I know and I still screw it up! I end up with it all stuck together and have to spend 5 minutes trying to unstick it!

...in all fairness I've been there also! ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1472835829|4072609 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Let me guess, the scenario ends up with the Saran Wrap being a messy ball and your husband walking away asking you to fix whatever he has started. I think it's a man thing. Mine also doesn't know how to use it.

Callie

Callie--outside of the wasted balled up wrap he ends up using several pieces for one dish piecing small torn off plastic together and I've even seen tape! Anyhooooo. :twirl:

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the support. I still don't know what I will do in the long run. It sounds like this is likely temporary so I have just been focusing on other things in life to reduce stress so I can think better.

Oh, saran wrap! Love it. Hate it. It is so great but sticks to everything!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

One word - wraptastic. My parents have one, and it's seriously great. And it's a gadget, so there's an added incentive for a guy type to figure it out and "conquer" it.

wraptastic.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1472837625|4072624 said:
tyty333|1472834767|4072600 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

...in all fairness I've been there also! ;))

Lol ROFLMAO because I have too been there. I cannot use Saran Wrap. I'm just so NOT coordinated. I get stuck every time. :oops: :lol:

Calliecake|1472835829|4072609 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Callie

Haha not just a guy thing Callie! ::)

VRBeauty said:
One word - wraptastic. My parents have one, and it's seriously great. And it's a gadget, so there's an added incentive for a guy type to figure it out and "conquer" it.

Thanks VR! Going to get this. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1473144388|4073588 said:
Thanks for all the support. I still don't know what I will do in the long run. It sounds like this is likely temporary so I have just been focusing on other things in life to reduce stress so I can think better.

Oh, saran wrap! Love it. Hate it. It is so great but sticks to everything!

(((Hugs)))TooPatient. Hoping everything works out. I'm so sorry and I know better things are on their way.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received my first email ad for Christmas. :((

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am seriously considering going back to school for my masters. :shifty: Seriously, as in I've called (twice) and spoke with an advisor about what I need and scholarships/financial aid info. She is going to email me with the information requested and a code to apply so I don't have to pay the application fee....part of me is terrified, the other excited. I'm still working full time (teacher), and with hubby and 3 kids to help care for, adding on a new school this year AND the possibility of classes. :errrr: But at the same time, it is needed for me to get to my end goal. Eventually, I would like to teach on the college level (future teachers), while still working on the middle school level. I've been thinking about it for years, this was the original plan for a long while. Basically if I start in January, go full time (even through Summer), I can be done by next Christmas. The idea is that I work as a MS Teacher and teach a college class or two, and my kids get a break for college.... My oldest is a HS Freshman this year....

Am I totally psycho????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results